Ammit 25 versus OBS Engine Nano

Yup we're on the same page, thanks! :)
PS: I'm assuming less cotton is more, on this tank? Very very thin and combed out, I assume.
Awesome sauce! Yes nice thin wicks equal a nice wet vape. I've rewicked 3 times so far and each time I've pushed the wicking a little by thinning it out more.
So far I got the best flavour with way I wicked last time. Thinned the wicks out, not as much as I did now placed the cotton in the wells and pulled up the little excess to mind of wall off the chamber. Reducing the chamber size increased the flavour quite a bit and I'll be rewicking tomorrow using this technique again.
I'll post a pic I took then maybe it will help give u a better idea.
df44574131142dc05353eb1756b0118a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The AFC ring will not spin, it has a hard stop and will tighten the tank to the mod. The next ring above the AFC, which is where the glass meets the ring, just turn that clockwise and it works as you described. I just turn it clockwise holding the glass - it's easier than trying to make sure your turning the correct part of the tank.
I hope I'm making sense LOL I can upload a pic if it will help.
EDIT: Pic added, I turn the tank where the Red Arrow is- in a clockwise direction.
View attachment 100166

Well explained @Greyz

Awesome sauce! Yes nice thin wicks equal a nice wet vape. I've rewicked 3 times so far and each time I've pushed the wicking a little by thinning it out more.
So far I got the best flavour with way I wicked last time. Thinned the wicks out, not as much as I did now placed the cotton in the wells and pulled up the little excess to mind of wall off the chamber. Reducing the chamber size increased the flavour quite a bit and I'll be rewicking tomorrow using this technique again.
I'll post a pic I took then maybe it will help give u a better idea.
df44574131142dc05353eb1756b0118a.jpg

Ah awesome. Mine is pretty much Iike that, but getting a bit of a burnt taste. Will try it even thinner tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ah awesome. Mine is pretty much Iike that, but getting a bit of a burnt taste. Will try it even thinner tomorrow!

I'm vaping this 0.2 coil at 60W and even chain vaping 5 or 6 hits in a row hasnt led to any dry hits so far.
I hope you come right tomorrow with your wicking as it sounds like it's battling to keep up.
As you said, less is more. My current wick was almost see through when wet and still now no leaks. But flavour isn't like before.

I'm vaping this 0.2 coil at 60W and even chain vaping 5 or 6 hits in a row hasnt led to any dry hits so far.
I hope you come right tomorrow with your wicking as it sounds like it's battling to keep up.
As you said, less is more. My current wick was almost see through when wet and still now no leaks. But flavour isn't like before.

Yup I'll try thin it out tomorrow. Will also try a normal roundwire coil, something isn't right here. Getting a burnt-hair taste with the current fused clapton, nevermind a burnt-cotton taste even.

Having owned an Engine Nano and now owning a Ammit 25, IME I found the Ammit 25 to be alot better on flavour than the Nano.

Running a single Twisted Framed Clapton coil at 0.2Ohms @58.3W and I'm in single coil heaven.

View attachment 100037

View attachment 100038
I'm a big advocate of the Engine Nano, having it and the normal engine. I've been contemplating getting the Ammit and you've just sold it to me by saying it has much better flavor. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yup I'll try thin it out tomorrow. Will also try a normal roundwire coil, something isn't right here. Getting a burnt-hair taste with the current fused clapton, nevermind a burnt-cotton taste even.
Got roundwire in there and much less cotton - still dry hits aplenty. Guess this thing wants even less than little cotton :p

I'm a big advocate of the Engine Nano, having it and the normal engine. I've been contemplating getting the Ammit and you've just sold it to me by saying it has much better flavor. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
@Caveman I'm with you. I got on this thread and after seeing Mr.Fishers take I ordered one(gold) from eBay and should have it soon.Like you I'm a big Engine fan owning all three models and hearing that the Ammits flavor is superior it sold me.I hope it warrants the hype!

Got roundwire in there and much less cotton - still dry hits aplenty. Guess this thing wants even less than little cotton :p
@aktorsyl Is there a rebuildable tank that you do not get dry hits with? :p Saw a couple of different device threads where you experience dry hits ;)

@aktorsyl Is there a rebuildable tank that you do not get dry hits with? :p Saw a couple of different device threads where you experience dry hits ;)
@aktorsyl is in urgent need of professional help:p. A stay at the Vape Academy is indicated:D. But then I learn such a lot from his detailed explanations. And they are always very entertaining!

@aktorsyl Is there a rebuildable tank that you do not get dry hits with? Saw a couple of different device threads where you experience dry hits ;)
Bwahaha I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm spoiled with my RDA's, and have a mental block when it comes to tanks for some reason The ironic thing is that I never had any issues building or wicking the SM25. I must be getting old.

Sorry for the random intrusion here but how is the airflow on the ammit and will I be able to bump my normal round wire coils to something like 40 watts if I have the resistance right? I've found that normal coils have a tendency to burn quite easily when the wattage gets close to like 30 watts where my fused clapton coils I built from a wire shoot easily gets past that on the old ammit.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sorry for the random intrusion here but how is the airflow on the ammit and will I be able to bump my normal round wire coils to something like 40 watts if I have the resistance right? I've found that normal coils have a tendency to burn quite easily when the wattage gets close to like 30 watts where my fused clapton coils I built from a wire shoot easily gets past that on the old ammit.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
No need to be sorry at all. The airflow on the Ammit 25 is on par with the airflow you will get from a bigger sub ohm RTA. If say a little less airflow than the TFv8- but this can change n be a tad restrictive, depending on ypur coil position.
Currently I'm still running the same coil I installed when I got the RTA, Twisted Framed Clapton, rewicled about 4 times and the flavour vaping on some Good Boy Oak Aged @ 55W is heavenly

Hi all

Has anyone used both of these that can give a basic rundown on the main differences between the new Ammit 25 and the OBS Engine Nano?

Am interested in things like ease of building/wicking, type of vape best suited for and obviously flavour.

Any comments welcome

I recently read that the obs engine nano took 5.3ml of juice. I always thought the nano was a small capacity tank. I like bigger capacity. So am keen to learn more about how these two compare
I just got my Ammit 25 a day or so ago and while I've had the Nano for awhile I'll say what I've read from others that the Ammit delivers flavor a step above the Nano.I think the Nano delivers a more satisfying vape if that makes any sense. Some have commented on leaking with the Ammit but so far I've had no problems.I like the air flow better on the Nano but I have more experience with it so things could improve as I refine my build and wicking on the Ammit.It does however have great flavor though but the building and wicking is just so easy on all the Engines,such greatly designed RTAs.

Back