And then!!!

Resistance

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
I am making another mech. Not sure to make it paralleled or series.
So I would like some comment from the vape fam to help with the decision.
15816987035103922036710390255109.jpg 15816987233826168556768741585482.jpg 15816987516053811273511580799107.jpg
The shape was decided by the fit in my hand. It's comfortable now ,but I might just make it slightly thinner.
I am also thinking squonker, but then its going to be single cell. I can also live with that.

Last edited:
I’ve never had a dual cell mech @Resistance

A series mech as I understand allows for a high 8V voltage so you can get a crazy vape on say a 0.5 ohm coil. 120 watts or thereabouts (v squared over R)
A parallel mech will offer the standard 4V but share the current.

Would be cool if you could somehow try both but my feeling is series only if you want crazy power

I am making another mech. Not sure to make it paralleled or series.
So I would like some comment from the vape fam to help with the decision.
View attachment 190137 View attachment 190138 View attachment 190139
The shape was decided by the fit in my hand. It's comfortable now ,but I might just make it slightly thinner.
I am also thinking squonker, but then its going to be single cell. I can also live with that.
If you make it series it would be a great matchup for the Axial Pro i reviewed with the series deck, you can pump some series power through the coils safely and without being at silly wattage!

If you make it series it would be a great matchup for the Axial Pro i reviewed with the series deck, you can pump some series power through the coils safely and without being at silly wattage!

I don't think I'll be buying an RTA any time soon. Work hasn't been that great lately so the FOMO is real.

I just looked it up. It looks great will check out your review.

Personal preference is parallel but that’s my vaping style :)

Not an expert, but for the pure mech, I would go parallel (personal preference for lower voltage).

Nice work there.:thumbup:
Yeah, unless using a series deck a series dual mech as deathwish written all over it, do nice safe builds and they just wouldn't want 8V and would sizzle your coils but build low and the stress on the batteries is very dangerous, i wouldn't fancy it but then those that have always used mechs of all kinds and know exactly what are the best builds will know much more than me about it but just seems like walking a tightrope!

IMG_20200214_223059.jpg
Yeah, unless using a series deck a series dual mech as deathwish written all over it, do nice safe builds and they just wouldn't want 8V and would sizzle your coils but build low and the stress on the batteries is very dangerous, i wouldn't fancy it but then those that have always used mechs of all kinds and know exactly what are the best builds will know much more than me about it but just seems like walking a tightrope!

Recently I have been using MTL wire paralleled with SS round wire and my build are quite high but ramps up quick and is hot enough at 30-35w. Current coil in the Zues single is 1ohm at 32.1w for a slow long DL drag.

Last edited:
View attachment 190156

Recently I have been using MTL wire paralleled with SS round wire and my build are quite high but ramps up quick and is hot enough at 30-35w. Current coil in the Zues single is 1ohm at 32.1w for a slow long DL drag.
Yes but the airflow wide open is making that possible and that 1ohm build will be running that hot your wicking i would imagine needs changing often and a good dry burn of the coils

Yes but the airflow wide open is making that possible and that 1ohm build will be running that hot your wicking i would imagine needs changing often and a good dry burn of the coils
Personally i would want more surface area on the coils and would be at that wattage with a 0.4ohm coil

Not really. I can close off the airflow and take the same puff on my vape.
On the dual the same thing.
It might be 1ohm but it's paralleled with 24G SS of equal length so it shares the load.
On the MTL wire the resistance might be higher,but as it heats up the current looks for the easy way out and that would be the 24G.

Not really. I can close off the airflow and take the same puff on my vape.
On the dual the same thing.
It might be 1ohm but it's paralleled with 24G SS of equal length so it shares the load.
On the MTL wire the resistance might be higher,but as it heats up the current looks for the easy way out and that would be the 24G.
Was it a coil prepared in your laboratory! i've never used a commercially available pe-wound 1ohm coil that would like more than 25W max any higher and burn't hits!

Personally i would want more surface area on the coils and would be at that wattage with a 0.4ohm coil
Basically you'll need to try it to see the reasoning. I have done a pic on the build a few weeks ago in the den builds thread.IMG_20200214_232116.jpg
This is the wire. The mod reads the resistance of the thinner wire.the thinner wire heats up to its threshold and the 24guage takes the load off the MTL wire.leaving both wires to heat up to its desired threshold (sharing load) with the current supplied giving an amazing vape.
(Thats if I explained it correctly).
Ok,an equilibrium is reached between the two resistances.

Was it a coil prepared in your laboratory! i've never used a commercially available pe-wound 1ohm coil that would like more than 25W max any higher and burn't hits!
I'll take pics when this tank is empty. I build it yesterday had a few high heat puffs but,will open it so you can see.

The high heat puffs was on the Smoant Naboo,because I normally have the Zues dual on there and the screen is broken so I can't really see whats happening on the mod and this can't change settings whatsoever. So I had a few mishaps and the coil had some higher heat but it looks like this after two days and about 5 tanks15817166892062762734256787803852.jpg

If my calculation is correct, for your build and desired wattage, you need approx. 5.7 - 6 volts supplied to the coil.
For that you need some kind of voltage regulation on your mod (like on Tesla Invader 3 or Noisy Cricket v2). Otherwise you would have to change your build for the pure mech (to find the new "sweet spot").
With your existing build you will get approx 10-16 watts with parallel setup, or 41-64 watts with serial setup (lower numbers are for the depleted batteries).

Not sure if this helps or just causing confusion.

You can use the following table for the calculations:

ohms-law-formula-wheel.png

Steam Engine can help to predict your coil behaviour (esp. the "heat flux" field).
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html

If my calculation is correct, for your build and desired wattage, you need approx. 5.7 - 6 volts supplied to the coil.
For that you need some kind of voltage regulation on your mod (like on Tesla Invader 3 or Noisy Cricket v2). Otherwise you would have to change your build for the pure mech (to find the new "sweet spot").
With your existing build you will get approx 10-16 watts with parallel setup, or 41-64 watts with serial setup (lower numbers are for the depleted batteries).

Not sure if this helps or just causing confusion.

You can use the following table for the calculations:

View attachment 190168

Steam Engine can help to predict your coil behaviour (esp. the "heat flux" field).
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html
Lol @Resistance looks like you will need to come up with a new coil if it's what you are hoping to use on your new mech, parallel not powerful enough but series will cook it! I'm sure you'll work out a solution but it is kind of funny!

I have just switched mods and guess what. The resistance changed on the mod. Might be it's picking up the 24G wire.the vape is slightly cooler.IMG_20200215_004440.jpg
Same wattage I used as before 32.1W

Back