And today's question is ......

And back?
Aaaah, you see, there you need to be clever. Buy two bottles of brandy, finish one once you've paid and the trip back is almost non-existent :-D

What impact will the war in Ukraine have on our food and vape prices ?

South Africa imports wheat for local flour/bran production. Ukrainian and Russian Wheat was some of the commodities that was imported. Now trading houses needs to resupply from other countries on planned wheat from Ukraine/Russia which directly impacts on the shipping costs. The rising fuel prices (Brent Crude) also affects shipping costs as a vessel carrying 35000 tons + of wheat uses a little more oil and fuel than my wife's Chevy Spark. Again, these costs filters through to the consumer.... so if you are planning to bake a lot of cakes (or Muffins), buy and freeze your flour before the prices in Woolies goes up like the Sunflower Oil prices did...

"Freeze whole-grain flour for 48 hours before you transfer it to an airtight container, same as with refined flour. Then store it in the refrigerator for up to six months or in the freezer for up to a year."

As for Vape Prices, same goes on the fuel prices affecting the consumers and courier fees will most likely follow suite.

"Propylene glycol is traditionally produced from propylene oxide, a petrochemical product and is widely used in various end-use industries, such as plastic, food, electronic, and pharmaceutical."
"Ukraine exports mainly steel, coal, fuel and petroleum products, chemicals, machinery and transport equipment and grains like barley, corm and wheat."

Yes, there will be an impact. Also considering the Northern Hemisphere has summer now, so all good, but once their winter hits they will be hoarding these items and so we will suffer as well. I have been told by an importer of VG and PG that we can expect huge increases on all these items, and basic costs have already gone up. You can see this on a number of DIY sites which have all raised their pricing due to shortages and state this as the reason why as well.

Today's question (bit late):
Would/do you eat that which you vape on, flavour-wise?

Myself, not really. I am enjoying a Butter Pecan Pie vape at the moment, but I've had a few of the real thing and not a huge fan. I used to vape a cheesecake flavour, and though I love cheese, I cannot stand cheesecakes. But Zoo Biscuits... yeah, there I overlap easily :)

Today's question (bit late):
Would/do you eat that which you vape on, flavour-wise?

Yes... except for tobacco, I don't chew tobacco...

Lime: love a lime gummy, lime milkshake and anything citrus for that matter
Custard: enjoy a good home made custard, custard slices, custard on warm pudding
Berries: anything berry goes down just peachy (no, no peach flavor, I don't do peaches unless it is the fruit itself)

Yes... except for tobacco, I don't chew tobacco...

Lime: love a lime gummy, lime milkshake and anything citrus for that matter
Custard: enjoy a good home made custard, custard slices, custard on warm pudding
Berries: anything berry goes down just peachy (no, no peach flavor, I don't do peaches unless it is the fruit itself)
Yeah, chewing tobacco isn't all that bad:D:D:D

Yip, I eat what I vape. Funny enough, there are plenty of things I love to eat, but cannot vape. These include:
Cherries (my favourite fruit)
Banana
Citrus
Guava
Grapes

Mango I don't eat or vape - yug!

To be honest, been looking up some soy-mince recipes more than I would like.

Best recipe so far, just kill the soy flavour with some extra curry.
if you get plain soya you can add it to your normal beef mince recipe and then throw in an extra tomato onion tin and a beef stock and no one even knows its in there.

I do 1kg of mince to 250g soya and the kids love it.

Back