And today's question is ......

I agree on Dead Rabbit R. Definitely one of the best pieces of gear released in the last 12 months but my favourite has to be the THC elite MTL RTA.

And today's Q

are we a failed state ?
I like to think of myself as an optimistic realist but the sorry state of affairs at all the SOE's is very scary but frightens me more is the comments on the various social media platforms and where the blame is being put by the general Joe Public. Apartheid is being blamed. De ruyter personally is being blamed for Eskoms failures. The one chap even said please bring back Zuma because things worked when he was in charge and there was no stealing at Eskom then.

My simple head truly battles to process such blatant stupidity. One comment was "I dont even mind going back to using candles like we did in 1820"

Then the old people blame the young people and the young people blame the old. We all need to get over ourselves and fix this beautiful country we call home.

So I think its yes from me that we are a failed state. Currently. Hopefully not forever.

Rant over.

A failed state is composed of feeble and flawed institutions. Often, the executive barely functions, while the legislature, judiciary, bureaucracy, and armed forces have lost their capacity and professional independence. A failed state suffers from crumbling infrastructures, faltering utility supplies and educational and health facilities, and deteriorating basic human-development indicators, such as infant mortality and literacy rates. Failed states create an environment of flourishing corruption and negative growth rates, where honest economic activity cannot flourish.

"Ring any bells"

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel...

I want to stay away from the Apology Thread... because Yes, it is. And everyone, even the "rulers" and the "leaders" (because they are two different groups) know it... and we all know and remember the good, and unfortunately the bad (that is flung in everyone's faces on a daily basis). Of which the latter is clung to like sh!t on a wool blanket by those who did not even experience it... so let me leave it at YES and wait for tomorrows question rather...

I spent the last 10 days monitoring the water pressure levels (because it fluctuates a lot) and trying to identify the perfect timing for a "shower" then the rest of the time trying to schedule "life" around the on-going load shedding. So yeah, at some point we had no running water and no electricity at home. My primary school kids said it felt like stone age. I think we have passed the stage of "state of failure" and "failed state" and in light of what is currently happening in the World, I'm not very optimistic for the future.

I want to stay away from the Apology Thread... because Yes, it is. And everyone, even the "rulers" and the "leaders" (because they are two different groups) know it... and we all know and remember the good, and unfortunately the bad (that is flung in everyone's faces on a daily basis). Of which the latter is clung to like sh!t on a wool blanket by those who did not even experience it... so let me leave it at YES and wait for tomorrows question rather...
What he said, just sprinkle some F bombs so it's more my style

Currently we are a failed a state of epic proportions.

But we need to look forward. Otherwise we will all end up in a sorry depressing heap. Other countries came back from far worse. Ask anybody that has recently been to Rwanda and Nigeria what the state of those countries are currently.

But we desperately need a change of leadership. The current set of leaders have no political will to change things around. They got plenty of promises and excuses but verry little action.

In 2024 we will be having our next elections (if our country can make it that far). What makes me furious is the amount of people that brag that they don't vote for whatever reason. The ANC is currently in power with only 30% of the votes of the electorate. Now think for just one second how different things will be if all those non-voters casted a ballot in the previous election. The ANC might still have won, but there would have been a lot more accountability going on.

What worries me more than those, that for whatever reason(s), choose to not vote, is the rising EFF voter base. Their appointment as a government would take us from failed to, {insert four letter word of choice here}, almost instantly, so ....I guess my answer is a resounding YES!

What worries me more than those, that for whatever reason(s), choose to not vote, is the rising EFF voter base. Their appointment as a government would take us from failed to, {insert four letter word of choice here}, almost instantly, so ....I guess my answer is a resounding YES!
This scares me to my soul. Ol Juju is a piece of work isn’t he!

This scares me to my soul. Ol Juju is a piece of work isn’t he!
Speaking of...

Now if anyone out there is a news24 subscriber, they can get us the whole article

What was your first job right out of high school / army ?
Mom got me a job at the telephone exchange in '82 , lekker overtime paid for my second motorbike and a bachelor's pad in town, a whopping R628 pm and then overtime!

Mom got me a job at the telephone exchange in '82 , lekker overtime paid for my second motorbike and a bachelor's pad in town, a whopping R628 pm and then overtime!

I first went and "studied" for a year. After that I got a job as a warehouse assistant at a maize mill, started 1 January 1999. Got the job because I was the only one that applied for it. First pay was R2555, could pay off my student loan and afford car payment with a little extra left over for bread and stinkies.

finished school, took 1 day off then started as a waiter. Quickly learned that if you work double shifts you can make really good money and party lots and hard and still work a double shift the next day (the joys of being young)

Was in the army for more than 3 years before I left in 1996 and had a string of temp jobs ranging from selling pots, watches, etc. door to door, telesales and even a Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.) instructor. Sold one set of pans in 2 months (first temp job) so I quit that. Second job was only temporary for 3 months (cannot recall how much I earned, think it was R1500 or such). Third job they did me in by promising me a salary of R2600 but ended off paying me R2000 and then wanted me to do telesales as well (did not last long there) and last one I was not paid for three months straight so gave that up and was without a job for the rest of the year until Jan '97. 1996 was a tough year...

Back