Another idea I haven't seen before

Genosmate

Reo's For me
LV

Awards
This is a beauty,made by a guy who posts on ECF,he makes some great mods,don't think they are for sale.
This is one of his latest and heres what he says about it ;
"Mech without negative run down through the body (neg and pos contacts both at top), pure silver contacts and beryllium copper leaf switch"
Very clever!
25295043913_821530bc43_o.jpg 25897846626_283856d311_o.jpg

Last edited:
That is beautiful to say the least

giphy.gif

Probably opened up the battery cover at the top to catch the negative?
Thats what Johan said (in the absence of more pics) as well Andre,now I need to find out how to do that:)

Basically he's stripped some of the wrap off the batt at the top and then has that neg leaf pressing on the batt side casing, just wondering if using the entire casing as the neg path will create more heat than using just the bottom.

I dont know how these batts are manufactured, but I spose if the "electrolyte" is in contact with the sides as well then it probably wont.

Clipboard01.jpg
There's an electric contact at the top under the atty that the firing button is attached to, so its possible that he has a non standard config of running the batt positive to the atty case and running the neg to the center pin/feed tube.
Clipboard02.jpg

EDIT: after some thought that internal leaf spring is acually the neg contact in a non standard +- config.

Last edited:
Basically he's stripped some of the wrap off the batt at the top and then has that neg leaf pressing on the batt side casing, just wondering if using the entire casing as the neg path will create more heat than using just the bottom.
I dont know how these batts are manufactured, but I spose if the "electrolyte" is in contact with the sides as well then it probably wont.

View attachment 49898
I'm properly doff with this stuff! Could you still charge the battery in a normal charger if you did this?

EDIT: maybe I've got it wrong cos it now looks like that leaf spring is acually the pos contact running up to the button.

View attachment 49898
I don't think it can be.The switch leaf outside the mod is contacting the outside of the 510 and its contacting the + but I still can't work out that neg connection.

I should probably just ask the maker,if I recall correctly he has commented/made suggestions on some of the stuff I've done.

That battery wrap does not look very good, even the bottom is exposed. In the wood mod it might not matter, but in the charger or grab the wrong battery for your mech tube? No, I like the wood mods from VR Wood Mods more with all the magnets and all.

Why did you wait this long. :D
Ask if he's using the atty case as positive batt instead of negative.
I think you,Johan and Andre have it right and he does say the negative doesn't run down the body of the mod.
Just can't figure the thing even on the close up you showed.

Excuse my "MS paint" school of drafting, it wasnt sposed to be an arrow but the negative copper leaf springs. :)
It looks exactly like the neg leaf but you have to be au fait with the style of drawing to get it:)

This has been done in such a smart way.
But would this be safe in the long run with daily use?
That leaf spring system worries me in the long term.
Also I'm not comfortable with the wrap being stripped.

Back