Arbiter Solo

I have the dwarv dl and love it as do I love the gt4s, how is the saturation is it a wet cool vape or a hot vape
It comes down to your build.
I have played with different coils and have found a really good setup

RDL mode
Fused Clapton - 26*2/40 Ni80
4 wraps on 2.4mm ID
0.24 ohms @ 36 watts
Nice saturated moderatly warm vape
Flavor for days

Very similar style of vape as the dwarv DL.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Thanks for ghe recommendation, as my first mtl tank, im blown away by the flavour this puts out in both mtl and rdl mode. I used the supplied mtl coil that came with the kit. Right now its hitting flavour wise better than my dwarv dl and my gt4s, ive only tried tobacco juice (My own peach cigar mix). What i love is the draw, the supplied dIMG_20210812_093333.jpg IMG_20210812_093345.jpg IMG_20210812_093350.jpg rip tip, the overall size and the ability to change rdl to Mtl, and then further dial In the airflow. Only con for me is the way you have to unscrew the top cap to fill, they should have done a quarter turn topcap, but its a minor complaint for the flavour this little biscuit puts out. This is the best value for money rta in 2021, gives you mtl and rdl, building is simple once you trim the kegs to avoid shorts, wicking is easy peasy and keeps up with chain vaping.

Coil at 0.71 ohms at 17 watts in mtl mode and 28 watts in rdl mode.

Thats good to know esp when you using your own mix to judge. Because im also enjoying this rta....Just the right amount of airflow for rdl and icy fruits pop nicely even with a dual core fused. Got a tri core in now at 0.35ohms and 35w.

Thats good to know esp when you using your own mix to judge. Because im also enjoying this rta....Just the right amount of airflow for rdl and icy fruits pop nicely even with a dual core fused. Got a tri core in now at 0.35ohms and 35w.
Update, im running a nano alien at 0.35 its much happiwr on the rdl draw. My premix is at 70pg 30vg and wicking keeps up, thia deck is very beginner friendly for new vapers

Update, im running a nano alien at 0.35 its much happier on the rdl draw. My premix is at 70pg 30vg and wicking keeps up, thia deck is very beginner friendly for new vapers

So the journey continues, i was getting a weird metallic taste , thinking it was Cotton i tried Ctn bacon, Firebolt, muji pads , nasty Cotton etc and still metallic taste. After checking the coils for hotpsots i was racking my brain as to why all of sudden i was getting horrid Metal off note on all my RTA's. Fast forward through the weekend, i had my Covid jnj vaccine last week and i think ive developed an allergy to Ni 80 or the Vaccine is having an affect on taste buds. i then yesterday put in some 24g SS 316l 12 wrap and have been running in TC mode for 2 days now . Metallic taste is gone, Very saturated and Yum

Current Coil Specs

12 wrap SS 316L 24g
0.44 Ohms
TCR SS Mode at 435F at 38watts

Seems like the build deck also likes the simple wire configuration better then the Nano aliens and the fused Claptons.

the Journey continues as i dial this in further....

Bro slightly above the posts a mm or 2
Also i cut the cotton a bit shorter in line with the thread when the rta screws on, i fluff and then juice the entire cotton up then tuck in partial dam method. For now it's working well

I'm reviving this thread as I got me a Solo yesterday. This was my experience and first impressions
Pros:
It's a winner in the flavour department.
The MTL/RDL switch is innovative.
No one seems to be bothered by how turbulent the airflow is on this RTA? This tank is one of the loudest I've ever tired.

Cons:
The top cap screw is a pain to screw and unscrew. The threading is terrible!
The deck is misleading... easy to build and wick like the Intake single but you'd better cut the leads really flush otherwise you get a short. Very unforgiving!
Average craftsmanship

My Overall rating 6/10

@Stranger the Intake single wins hands down!

I'm reviving this thread as I got me a Solo yesterday. This was my experience and first impressions
Pros:
No one seems to be bothered by how turbulent the airflow is on this RTA? This tank is one of the loudest I've ever tired.

Cons:
The deck is misleading... easy to build and wick like the Intake single but you'd better cut the leads really flush otherwise you get a short. Very unforgiving!
Average craftsmanship

My Overall rating 6/10

Thanks for curing my FOMO on this tank!

Yes me too, Thanks. I have 2 x V2 Dvarw clones and 2 x DL FL clones and have just tried another coil and ohms that is giving me great results. The Intake solo I got was so good , .... I found another one. So I have six tanks that are very similar in flavour and airflow and between my own ADV and RED pill my daily vaping habit is well sorted.

However I know that you lot find me highly entertaining so I will continue to post all the nonsense I get up to. :facepalm:

Yes me too, Thanks. I have 2 x V2 Dvarw clones and 2 x DL FL clones and have just tried another coil and ohms that is giving me great results. The Intake solo I got was so good , .... I found another one. So I have six tanks that are very similar in flavour and airflow and between my own ADV and RED pill my daily vaping habit is well sorted.

However I know that you lot find me highly entertaining so I will continue to post all the nonsense I get up to. :facepalm:
My dwarv dl fl im now runnibg a 0.8ohm simple kanthal clapton wire 5 wrapps at 30watts and its giving nice flavour.
although the turbulence on the solo is there i find if i use enough cotton on the coil its not as bad, maybe im enjoying the flavour so much, that the draw is not bothering me

Pros:

Cons:
Average craftsmanship

My Overall rating 6/10

I agree with most of the points above, only that I struggled to get any flavour out of it at first.
I unsuccessfully tried most of the coil suggestions in this post, settling on running it in RDL mode, with all bar the last two largest "holes/slot" open, and using a 4 wrap 2.5mm spaced SS Superfine MTL Clapton coil :eek:, (which came it at 0.45 Ohm).
I also ended up raising the top edge of the coil to about 2mm above the posts ... and then finally ... at 8 Watts, I got what I like ... a saturated medium cool loose MTL vape.

I agree with most of the points above, only that I struggled to get any flavour out of it at first.
I unsuccessfully tried most of the coil suggestions in this post, settling on running it in RDL mode, with all bar the last two largest "holes/slot" open, and using a 4 wrap 2.5mm spaced SS Superfine MTL Clapton coil :eek:, (which came it at 0.45 Ohm).
I also ended up raising the top edge of the coil to about 2mm above the posts ... and then finally ... at 8 Watts, I got what I like ... a saturated medium cool loose MTL vape.
Got mine today still battle to get decent flavour
I used the coil supplied but chucked it out, so I'm now on a fused clapton geekvape 30*2 38 ni80 but still battle with flavour
As reading all the post I assume to rise the coil above the post is the way to go so will test it
BTW this is my first mtl rta so I need to learn a bit more on what coil will work and what height etc

Got mine today still battle to get decent flavour
I used the coil supplied but chucked it out, so I'm now on a fused clapton geekvape 30*2 38 ni80 but still battle with flavour
As reading all the post I assume to rise the coil above the post is the way to go so will test it
BTW this is my first mtl rta so I need to learn a bit more on what coil will work and what height etc

As an update to my previous post ... I've made more changes since then ... I'm now using 26G Coil Master Competition Wire, (7 wraps on a 2mm former) at 0.76 Ohms ... It's a closely spaced, but not a contact coil, that provides a medium warm vape at between 6 and 8 Watts, and the coil is flush with the post tops.

I was also unimpressed with the airflow, and drilled the bottom airflow out to 1.8mm, and find the airflow adjustment now actually works throughout the range on the MTL setting :)

As an update to my previous post ... I've made more changes since then ... I'm now using 26G Coil Master Competition Wire, (7 wraps on a 2mm former) at 0.76 Ohms ... It's a closely spaced, but not a contact coil, that provides a medium warm vape at between 6 and 8 Watts, and the coil is flush with the post tops.

I was also unimpressed with the airflow, and drilled the bottom airflow out to 1.8mm, and find the airflow adjustment now actually works throughout the range on the MTL setting :)
Thanks I think I'm first gonna play around with the height of the coil will use what I got and maybe cut the cotton a bit shorter so that it just reach the wicking ports

Thanks I think I'm first gonna play around with the height of the coil will use what I got and maybe cut the cotton a bit shorter so that it just reach the wicking ports

Good plan on the cotton. For MTL tight in the coil, light in the wickport, you just want it tucked into the ports, not too long. Also start your airflow on the smallest setting, open it up after every hit to the biggest setting and then dial it back down to where it works best for you. That way you go through the full range of airflow and performance.

So I did a 2*28 38ga Ni80 wotofo spool coil I think about 6 wraps
I raised the coil a bit higher and the flavour is better but I think the flavour can be better

So I did a 2*28 38ga Ni80 wotofo spool coil I think about 6 wraps
I raised the coil a bit higher and the flavour is better but I think the flavour can be better

I found that getting the coil close to the bottom air flow works better on MTL, (for me!), and raised about 2mm above the post worked better on RDL, as the side airflows then hit the coil lower, (I'm looking at making some inserts for them side airflows, to direct the air lower).
Taste is subjective tho' and I agree with @DarthBranMuffin , you're going to have to play around to find YOUR sweet spot ;)

Didn't find that wire at VK at greenside so I bought a set of white Collar mtls
Will put them in when I'm home and let the testing begin

That is a good starting point too, the White Collar MTL's are great little coils and they last quite some time as well. Pretty decent flavor MTL coils. You should come right with them for the MTL experience!

That is a good starting point too, the White Collar MTL's are great little coils and they last quite some time as well. Pretty decent flavor MTL coils. You should come right with them for the MTL experience!
I will test and raise the coils again but I using 30/70 3mg juice to test

Back