Ares RTA

Talking about spaced coils... I have been playing with spaced coils a bit of late (always used normal compressed coils) and wanted to see if it made any real difference. I used one in my O-Genny V2 and in that setup it did help with flavour... but the one thing I really love about the Ares is all the goodies it comes with... and the item I was most interested in getting my paws on was Demetri's spaced coil tool. What a win!
View attachment 115977

Hi @Rob Fisher - were did you get the tool from?

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Talking about spaced coils... I have been playing with spaced coils a bit of late (always used normal compressed coils) and wanted to see if it made any real difference. I used one in my O-Genny V2 and in that setup it did help with flavour... but the one thing I really love about the Ares is all the goodies it comes with... and the item I was most interested in getting my paws on was Demetri's spaced coil tool. What a win!
View attachment 115977
I knew I had a spaced coil gizmo somewhere:):D
IMG_2610.jpg

@Rob Fisher , thanks again for all your posts on this

Just some questions if I may

Are you vaping XXX in there? Just checking.

On the draw tightness, you say its too tight for a decent lung hit when wide open. Thats understandable.

But when you close up the airflow how tight is it?
On the smallest hole how does it compare tightness wise say to the Twisp Cue?
Im trying to see why Todd is not happy with the tightness

On the draw tightness, you say its too tight for a decent lung hit when wide open. Thats understandable.

Good questions here! It’s so hard to tell coz the smallest airflow on berserker is ridiculous and Todd uses that I use the 3rd airflow which a lot of my mates said is still far too tight so who knows

Well I'm not sure how he arrives at that because while you can DL it it's very very tight... and probably a bit too tight for me. I'm not the best to test MTL because I haven't vaped that way for a long time now... and I was hoping for a slightly more open airflow for a restricted lung hit but it's too tight for me and I have all the airflow open all the way!

Will be interesting to see how a MTL Vaper will find it. That will be the real test!

Ok fine I'll test one as soon as it becomes available locally lol

Good questions here! It’s so hard to tell coz the smallest airflow on berserker is ridiculous and Todd uses that I use the 3rd airflow which a lot of my mates said is still far too tight so who knows

I missed the beserker @Scouse45
I hear you

The funny thing about draw tightness is that for me its very important. If its a tad too loose i dont enjoy it nearly as much. Of course if its too tight its also not good.

the thing is that with the small airholes and tight MTL i have found i need to build a far tamer coil and use less power

Yes XXX is in the Ares Hi Ho @Silver.

The tightness... on the smallest hole it's not as tight as the Cue... but I can't do it more than once or twice because it makes me cough... not sure why... I guess MTL just doesn't work for me anymore...

The problem I feel is not totally about the airflow options at the bottom. I find it relates a lot to those airflow holes underneath the coil. So berserker has small airflow and under the coil is only one small hole. Great flavor. And the airflow stays restricted coz of that. The siren has many airflow holes BUT 3 quite large airflow holes under the coil. If this makes sense. So it will always b more open. Now the area has a collection of airflow holes under the coil once again meaning it will always b more open then say the berserker. And may perhaps cause slightly less Flavour. Tricky one

Yes XXX is in the Ares Hi Ho @Silver.

The tightness... on the smallest hole it's not as tight as the Cue... but I can't do it more than once or twice because it makes me cough... not sure why... I guess MTL just doesn't work for me anymore...

Ah, thanks @Rob Fisher
So thats what Todd is probably talking about. Its not tight enough for that tight MTL experience.
Makes sense

As for the coughing, the tighter draw does concentrate the vapour and often improves the immediate throat hit. Also I suspect your 0.48 coil you are firing at about 20-25 watts so that could also be a too vigorous setup for tight MTL with limited airflow

The problem I feel is not totally about the airflow options at the bottom. I find it relates a lot to those airflow holes underneath the coil. So berserker has small airflow and under the coil is only one small hole. Great flavor. And the airflow stays restricted coz of that. The siren has many airflow holes BUT 3 quite large airflow holes under the coil. If this makes sense. So it will always b more open. Now the area has a collection of airflow holes under the coil once again meaning it will always b more open then say the berserker. And may perhaps cause slightly less Flavour. Tricky one
@Silver I hav the siren 2 and berserker. I’ll pick up the Ares and try do a review on all 3 against each other for everyone

I have been following threads on the Ares and some people have reported leaking... mine hasn't leaked one bit... zippo... it's been standing upright since I built it and it has been perfect... OK so I left it sideways for 9 hours to see if I could get it to leak... nope not a sausage!
AresLeak1.JPG AresLeak2.JPG

Last edited:
Back