Asmodus Minikin

Vapington

Northern Craft Vapes
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
So I just got one of these and am quite disappointed :( It hits so softly. I vape my dual 24g nichrome build religiously (mostly in a doge V3) and have tried it on many devices, screw onto the minikin and fire it at 90W - now I have just taken this rda off an IPV4 (IPV5 510 broke) and VT133 which both deliver an accurate 90W and good vape and this minikin feels like it is on 60W. Worked out I am within my batteries amp range (tried VTC4s and LG HG2s).
I even tried the same setup on an IPV D2 at 75W with an LG HG2 and that vape was identical to the minikin at 120W :eek:

Does anyone else notice this? I couldn't believe how poor it vaped after everyone going mad about them but it delivers a vape like a single 18650 mod struggling at high wattage :-(

I can't say I have noticed that? Mind you I only really vape in the 20-40 watt range... except when I played with the Moonshot on the right.
McG 003.JPG Minikin 001.JPG

Have you compared the Moonshot vape with other mods at the same wattage? Mine has such a distinct difference in performance, a single 18650 at significantly lower wattage of 75W should not be delivering the same vape as a dual 18650 mod at 120W

Really? Geez you must have got a dud cause mine hits 10% stronger than other mods i have bro!

Well then what can we do @sirvape

Have you compared the Moonshot vape with other mods at the same wattage? Mine has such a distinct difference in performance, a single 18650 at significantly lower wattage of 75W should not be delivering the same vape as a dual 18650 mod at 120W
Definitely doesnt sound right, time for some voltage measurements.
Compare the O/P volts on display with actual volts delivered using either a DMM that reads pwm dc signals or something similar to a Smok Omnitester.
If those readings pass muster then measure again under load, omnitester does that too.
Quick calc at http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm

Really? Geez you must have got a dud cause mine hits 10% stronger than other mods i have bro!

i agree, using both yours and ollies felt "stronger" than what my rolo was pushing out !

Ok so a little test:

Same RDA on both and photos taken whilst firing with the identical pair of LG HG2s:

IMG_6834.JPG
IMG_6835.JPG

According to Ohms Law, at 90W @ 0.37 ohms the voltage output should be 5.77V (Yihi board is spot on) and an amp draw of 15A. Ironically the one stating it is delivering more volts feels exceptionally weaker and that is quite inaccurate!!

I Agree, Def Something Wrong! Mine is on less than what I use on my cuboid, I do only vape at 30W Max but on the Minikin , max is 25.
And the batteries last forever which is a huge plus.

Hope you get sorted asap @Vapington.

Dna200 for good measure haha. So it seems to be delivering nearly half a volt more than it should (kind of like what you guys are saying) BUT in my case it feels like the opposite
IMG_6837.JPG

Sounds like theres an issue there, the one i have meets my rolo on every temp and wattage.

Very strange, Craig and Hugo swear by these mods and I love it too. Let's see what the sirs have to say...

Back