Aspire CF mod sucks on RDA

theyettie

Experienced Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi all

Got a Aspire CF mod from a guy today, so I put my Lush with dual 24gauge 0.4ohm coils on it and it sucks. I don't get any heat (which I like) and almost no vapor. I run a tesiyi 2600mAh 3.7V 40A 18650 in it. What's going on???? Please help!!

This is my first mech mod (that's why I took one with all the special little safety features).

Spoke to a guy now that thinks these batteries might not be good enough to run in mech mods... Is this true?

Hi

The tesi batteries are as good as it gets. I trust them :)

The cf mod is a semi mechanical mod in that there are some electronics at play . It has short circuit protection, and has a 0.3ohm resistance limit.

Can you share the details of you coil ? Wraps and size of diameter.

Batteries fully charged. It's dual 0.4ohm 24gauge kanthal 2.4mm ID (9wraps).

I feel like crying...

I feel like crying...

According to Steam engine you have 2 too many wraps, each coil should be 7 wraps giving 0R57 and in parallel that would be 0R3.
1st step, remove 2 loops and check if theres improvement, then try another 18650 in case that one is past its sell by date.
While you're at it check the 510 connection on the mod for dirt.

so heres the semi-sad part.

an 18650 mech mod doesnt have that much power. your basically pushing out like 35 watts on a fully charged battery.

the problem is you coil is a bit too big for that mod. its got too much wire to heat up

so heres the semi-sad part.

an 18650 mech mod doesnt have that much power. your basically pushing out like 35 watts on a fully charged battery.

the problem is you coil is a bit too big for that mod. its got too much wire to heat up

* based on the resistance of your coil

Well crap. I'll give that a go.

I liked the aspire for some reason, but now I'm regretting it.

Damn.

Thanks gents.

9 wraps will take a while to heat up on a dual. Maybe try with 7 or 8 if the mod allows for that resistance

I'm over this mod. If you know of someone who would have use for it, let me know, I'll let it go for R150. Will post a classified too.

Rather use 26g wire, and try dual 2.5mm coils at 7 wraps

I feel like crying...

Way too many wraps and 24g kanthal dual coils gets warm very slowly with single battery devices. Go to 26g with 6 wraps each on a 2.5mm id. Will get you much better performance.

Back