Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
My 14th convert just visited me and he has been stinky free for a week... note to all newbies and experts alike... do not let newbies start with a non VV (Variable Voltage) battery... I did tell him he needed it but he wasn't sure it would work and took the standard battery... he just came back and stole my VV batteries because they are a must...

I showed him the different power with different juices and I could not pry the batteries out of his hand.

Make sure you make newbies start with this battery at the very least!

http://www.vapeking.co.za/ego-c-twist-1300mah-veriable-voltage-battery-3.3v-4.8v.html

He has just left and plans to convert his wife! :D

nice one @Rob Fisher

i also agree that newbies must start with a VV battery from the word go

i found that after about a week or two they start looking for 'more'

Lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I do agree. But unfortunately most smokers are not willing to spend the the initial amount required which irritates me. They willing to spend 40R minimum a day on cigarettes but are to scared to outlay a good amount on a decent setup.

most newbies, without discovering this awesome site, don't really know what a decent setup is and also don't know anything about VV to start off with... I'm hoping to still get my VV evod battery tomorrow (to play around with seeing that i don't have any idea how it works hahha, just know from you guys that it's great for ultimate newbie vaping) from the clearance sale *fingers crossed* haven't heard a word from the supplier again, he was supposed to inform me when he went to canal walk in the week...

Well, I can say from my personal experience, the entry cost is a bit daunting.

When I first started planning my conversion, I was looking at the EVOD kit, R500 for 2 devices did not look like a bad deal at all, but the more I read, watched, learned, the more comfortable I have become with the thought of spending bigger to start off with.

Even though it has meant an extra month on stinkies, I believe with the gear I've decided on, I will definitely be able to quit, which was not a certainty when I was still considering the cheaper kits

Well, I can say from my personal experience, the entry cost is a bit daunting.

Yip I hear you... it wasn't that long ago I nearly choked to death paying a grand for to Twisps... :eek:

I guess we can only advise... the problem of course is it's a case of every time a coconut! Buying a non-VW device is a big mistake.

But it doesn't matter... I'll just replenish my stock at Vape King! :D

I am sure @Cape vaping supplies will get hold of you shortly @Metal Liz, if there is a vaper in need in the CT area you can be assured he will swing into action.

I don't think non-VV is always a bad experience for a new vaper. Some people may just want a reliable and simple piece of kit to check it out first.

If you guys saw what I started out on in Nov of last year, you would feel that the EVOD without VV was high tech to the max. Started with two of these packs, and an extra battery.

Budget_Blister_P_516d43a0d641e.jpg

I lasted ten days on these cig-a-likes with stinkies, before tracking down an EVOD starter kit from eciggies and then dropping the stinkies. That was enough to move forward.

And to be fair to the cig-a-likes, compared to the Njoy system I had tried two years ago, they were actually fantastic. I guess it is all relative

its all devs fault I didnt contact you lol

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

HAHAHAHAHA - Yes there may be a smudge of the truth in that particular statement. LOL!

@Rob Fisher - I do agree with you on your original post - having a VV battery to start off with is a great idea.

But I stopped smoking on Twisp - and I think it's juices and clearo and coil are quite well matched to the single voltage that its batteries put out. I see Twisp as a "closed system" - if you stick with their devices and their juices, its fine. A bit like Green Smoke as well with their tips and single voltage batteries. It's all well matched.

I think a VV battery is more important if you don't go the "closed system" route and you go for say a PT2 or PT3 and want to experiment with different juices. Then tweaking the voltage is definitely a requirement to get the best out of each juice.

@Rob Fisher - I do agree with you on your original post - having a VV battery to start off with is a great idea.

But I stopped smoking on Twisp - and I think it's juices and clearo and coil are quite well matched to the single voltage that its batteries put out. I see Twisp as a "closed system" - if you stick with their devices and their juices, its fine. A bit like Green Smoke as well with their tips and single voltage batteries. It's all well matched.

I think a VV battery is more important if you don't go the "closed system" route and you go for say a PT2 or PT3 and want to experiment with different juices. Then tweaking the voltage is definitely a requirement to get the best out of each juice.
Most vapers want to experiment with different juice - that is where the enjoyment lies. And Twisp juices are expensive.

Hi All,
As far as cost goes I don't get the problem!? ;)
Add up what you used to spend on smoking a month.
I was on 2 boxes a day at R36.00 p/box. R72.00 per day= R2160 p/month.
That's a decent new toy for me every month, juices plus change :rofl:

.....and I get to keep everything and do not throw it into a dustbin :wasntme: err ashtray after 5 minutes :h:

Hi All,
As far as cost goes I don't get the problem!? ;)
Add up what you used to spend on smoking a month.
I was on 2 boxes a day at R36.00 p/box. R72.00 per day= R2160 p/month.
That's a decent new toy for me every month, juices plus change :rofl:

.....and I get to keep everything and do not throw it into a dustbin :wasntme: err ashtray after 5 minutes :h:
Very true...and a Reo somewhere in there!

I do agree. But unfortunately most smokers are not willing to spend the the initial amount required which irritates me. They willing to spend 40R minimum a day on cigarettes but are to scared to outlay a good amount on a decent setup.

What would be an appropriate amount to spend? I dropped more than 2k on Twisp, MVP mod and my Nautilus! :rofl:

IMO what most people don't seem to understand is that vaping is not simply a method to quit smoking (in part it is), its about a way of life, a healthier life. Think of it this way, how much more is your life cover a month because you are a smoker, how much more will you be paying in medical bills because of smoking related illnesses and most of what price can one put on being able to spend more time with your family because vaping gave you those years back.

In short, one can never spend enough on vaping

Back