Avacodo 24 wicking help needed

Hi Guys

I've had my tank since launch, and after battling with various setups (wire, diameter, wicking) I would recommend the following setup:
Dual Fused Claptons - 3mm
The short wicking method described above

I tend to close the air vents to half, as I prefer a warmish vape, but wide open also works.

Just my 2 cents

My preferred coil in the Avo 24 is a single coil 7 wrap 4mm ID parallel 28AWG SS316.
Ramp up is quick so you don have to bump up the wattage just to get it going, instead you can play with the wattage to get the vape temp the way you like it.
Using the short wick method I have not had any issues although I tend to vape at low wattage - I run it from 28 to 45 Watts depending on the juice.

For me the best tank to date.
Was really enjoying this tank until i lost the peek insulator that tiny little one that goes over the gold 510 pin.

Ha! Same thing happened to me.

Here's how I fixed it:
Heatshrink on the long screw to just cover the bottom and sides of the head and a little O ring around the short screw.

Lol @theyettie at the moment this avo gonna need more than alpha Charlie to save it - it's on the verge of appearing in the classifieds. I'll try the lesser wrap dual Clapton as you suggested and see how she goes. Running it in single coil mode with a 3mm 26/32 8 wrap Clapton atm and the vape is underwhelming re flavour and vapour production. This avo will know it's fate before the night is over lol

@Larry I see gave up on it :-(

I am probably going to join you with putting mine up for sale as well. I dont have the patience to keep trying to get the build right.

Last edited:
@Kaizer yeah man, it just wasn't living up to all the hype for me - once again shows how subjective a "good rta" is. Perhaps I could've tried another 234 times to get the perfect build/wick setup but ain't nobody got time fo that!

OK. Conclusion time.

This tank is damn good. As good is everybody who loves it says... if you treat it right. After the amazing assistance I've been getting in this thread, my good experience has been based on two words: "minimum wicking". The tails of the cotton have to literally juuuuust poke out of the wicking holes in order for the coils to saturate whilst vaping.

Also tipping the mod during tokes is essential, as gravity will force liquid into the coils, making dry hits nothing but a memory. IT IS possible to wick with longer tails and achieve a straw-like action but you have to be almost dead perfect with your wicking and airflow-- which I am not, and that lead to unbearable levels of frustration. Power to you if you can achieve a long tail build. I can't.

I disagree that The Avocado is best in single coil mode. I've recently tried a dual coil build and I've found that the wicking consistency is much improved, and the flavour quality is as near as makes no difference. It's certainly up there with RDAs -- especially with claptons, as the better flavour and slower ramp up seems to favour the tank.

With the minimal wicking method, Velocity deck, and fantastic filling mechanism, the Avo has been an absolute joy. In fact, I haven't looked at my Griffin since I got this thing going. It's a game-changer for sure, and I'd strongly recommend it.

Back