Avacodo 24 wicking help needed

Clouds4Days

For the love of the cloud
LV

Awards
Hello my fellow peeps.
Just need some help on wicking the Geek Vape Avacodo 24 please.
I watched a vid of rip trippers and did exactly what he did and the vape was awesome no problems at all until there was juice at the bottom which my wick could not reach.

So i tried re wicking and left the tails long enough to reach the bottom but now im getting dry hits.

Is it me that's just being a moron or is that just the way the avo works where there always supose to be about a mil or two of juice left in the tank?

Your input is appreciated and sorry if there is a thread already on this. I dont know why but i battle to search threads without going through pages and pages and still finding nothing.
Maybe its just me being a Moron again.
Vape on...

I keep the tails pretty short, Like just barely going through the wick holes. The cotton wicks when tilting the mod while vaping.
Works for me so far....

Can forward to about 11:30 for wicking

The secret to the Avo, Avo 24 and the Theorem is to trim the thickness of the wick tails going into the tanks itself to around 50% of the thickness going through the actual coil.

As Rob says the secret is cut down wick. Cut the wick at an angle from halving it at the tails, and ensuring that the cut is complete and the wick is at 100% just above the Juice holes.
The wick gets thicker as you get closer to the coil.

Ollie the Wickmeister/Buildmeister's Avo video made my first build on the Avo 22's perfect... use the same on the Avo 24's. I've never had a dry hit on any of the Avo's. The tapered cut allows the tank to breathe where the wick tails go into the tank. After a couple of rewicks I now cut my wick tails so short that they barely go down into the tank at all, maybe 2-3mm max. Just tilting the mod to vape keeps the wicks happy all the way to the bottom of the tank.

Thanks again @Ollie for that video, and @Rob Fisher for sharing it with me before my first Avo's arrived.

Last edited:
I wicked my AVO 22 last night, its something new for me, as I have been using the Kangertech Deck on the SubTank, which I can now coil and wick with my eyes closed. And yes, i reckon the Avo is going to take a couple of wicks to get it just right.

My first shot at wicking after watching rip trippers the vape was amazing just i dont usually tilt my mod while i vape and wasnt sure if its fine if i tilt the mod cause i thought juice would run down the holes into my face hahaha.

But the vape is amazing and awesome flavour on this rdta only one issue, it guzzles juice like a Irishman on st padys day.

@Clouds4Days As said above i have seen that thinning of the wick is the way to go. The Vaping Bogan has a great tutorial on the avocado that he posted a few days ago. Should you need to see it in action.

Howzit buddy. I only dripped (for a long time) and got the avo 24 on Monday, so I too had to go through school all over again with this tank...
I think I took 15 dry hits on Monday!!!!

I get what everyone is saying with regards to the short tails, awesome if you're running in single coil mode, but I have dual fused claptons in there, so not letting the tails hang deep ain't gonna do the trick. As @Rob Fisher and the other blokes said, thin out the tails as they go down towards the tank.

She's going like a boeing now! I'll upload some pics from my phone just now.

This is by far the most pleasurable my vape has been this year! This thing is AMAZING!!!

Good luck.

It's very clear to me that you've wicked this thing much more than I have... Mine looks kak against yours... But it works, so I guess it's okay. I'm jealous now, I'll sit with this bugger again tonight.

I can't take the glory for the coil and wicking... mine was done by @BigGuy at @Sir Vape! Craig got tired of me saying tanks were KAK because I had cocked up the build... so now he automatically builds my coils and wicks them before Vape Mail arrives! I don't know if tanks and things have just improved or whether it's because my goodies are just coiled and wicked properly by an expert but all my new tanks have been really good of late!

I do know the answer... build and wicking is everything with these rebuildables!

I can't take the glory for the coil and wicking... mine was done by @BigGuy at @Sir Vape! Craig got tired of me saying tanks were KAK because I had cocked up the build... so now he automatically builds my coils and wicks them before Vape Mail arrives! I don't know if tanks and things have just improved or whether it's because my goodies are just coiled and wicked properly by an expert but all my new tanks have been really good of late!

I do know the answer... build and wicking is everything with these rebuildables!

Haha, well done!! Now that's some good client service right there. And yes, build good and these tanks reward you very, very richly!!

In my defense, I built it this morning with only a pop rivet and nail clipper at my disposal... It's my own fault though. I had two stunning little twisted SS coils in it, but this morning my vapemail came and I could not resist trying out the fused clapton.

Howzit buddy. I only dripped (for a long time) and got the avo 24 on Monday, so I too had to go through school all over again with this tank...
I think I took 15 dry hits on Monday!!!!

I get what everyone is saying with regards to the short tails, awesome if you're running in single coil mode, but I have dual fused claptons in there, so not letting the tails hang deep ain't gonna do the trick. As @Rob Fisher and the other blokes said, thin out the tails as they go down towards the tank.

She's going like a boeing now! I'll upload some pics from my phone just now.

This is by far the most pleasurable my vape has been this year! This thing is AMAZING!!!

Good luck.

I don't agree with long wick tails needing to be down in the Avo tanks FWIW.

A not so great quick picture of a single Clapton on one of my Avo 22's with it's wick tails that are so short you can just barely see them in the tank (and some of that from the wick sagging when it became fully loaded with juice). I take long, slow full lung hits, and I never get a dry hit from it. All of my other Avo's have dual builds with the same short wick tails (although not Clapton's), and none of them dry hit.

avoclap.jpg

Last edited:
I don't agree with long wick tails needing to be down in the Avo tanks FWIW.

A not so great quick picture of a single Clapton on one of my Avo 22's with it's wick tails that are so short you can just barely see them in the tank (and some of that from the wick sagging when it became fully loaded with juice). I take long, slow full lung hits, and I never get a dry hit from it. All of my other Avo's have dual builds with the same short wick tails (although not Clapton's), and none of them dry hit.

avoclap.jpg

I agree with the short tails running a single coil,so with the tilt as you vape they stay wet. But how does the short tails work with dual coils? Check my pic below,how will the coil at my hand's side get juice without long tails?
image.jpeg

I agree with the short tails running a single coil,so with the tilt as you vape they stay wet. But how does the short tails work with dual coils? Check my pic below,how will the coil at my hand's side get juice without long tails?
View attachment 54738

With short wick tails don't mount your Avo so the coils will be on the top and bottom of the mod when you have it tilted to vape.

I mount the Avo's so the dual coils are on the sides of the mod. That way when you have it tilted to vape all tails get wet when the tank is still around a half to third full, and when it is nearly empty at least one leg of both wicks still get wetted good enough to not get dry hits. The Avo mounting has been even easier since the .5mm atty shields I bought got here because I can use more than one if needed to position the Avo's coils sideways on the mod when screwed down snug against the mod. Clear as mud probably, but it has worked for me from the start with the Avo's.

With short wick tails don't mount your Avo so the coils will be on the top and bottom of the mod when you have it tilted to vape.

I mount the Avo's so the dual coils are on the sides of the mod. That way when you have it tilted to vape all tails get wet when the tank is still around a half to third full, and when it is nearly empty at least one leg of both wicks still get wetted good enough to not get dry hits. The Avo mounting has been even easier since the .5mm atty shields I bought got here because I can use more than one if needed to position the Avo's coils sideways on the mod when screwed down snug against the mod. Clear as mud probably, but it has worked for me from the start with the Avo's.

Haha,it sort of makes sense. I'll play around a bit. Thanks mate

Haha,it sort of makes sense. I'll play around a bit. Thanks mate

OK, let me try to clarify... a picture is worth a thousand of my misguided words maybe.

In your picture above of the Avo the 'Avocado' brand is facing us. That means the AFC slots are on the left and right side in the picture as that's where the 2 coils are. Mount the Avo on your mod so that the AFC slots are on the left and right side of your mod when you tilt it to vape it. The Avocado brand would be away from you or toward you when tilted.

OK, let me try to clarify... a picture is worth a thousand of my misguided words maybe.

In your picture above of the Avo the 'Avocado' brand is facing us. That means the AFC slots are on the left and right side in the picture as that's where the 2 coils are. Mount the Avo on your mod so that the AFC slots are on the left and right side of your mod when you tilt it to vape it. The Avocado brand would be away from you or toward you when tilted.

Boom,the penny has dropped!! Thanks.

I have another problem with my avocado peeps.
No matter what juice i put in i dont get a avocado taste...
What the hell thats false advertising. :)

Sorry just felt like being silly since my wicking problems are solved. Ive cut the tails short as you suggested @Spydro (same as rip trippers) and Im really enjoying this tank. Dam amazing.

I almost broke the tank yesterday before i even vaped it hahaha.
Im not the type to read packaging or leaflets so when i saw the filling shield i wandered whats this and wanted to pull the whole thing off. Hahaha.
And i dont know how but i was trying to remove the glass to insert the blue seals and sliced my thumb finger nicely hahaha.
I was at war with the avacodo yesterday
:)

Bahaha. Fiesty avo you got there. If you want to get the avo taste wrap it newspaper and put it in a drawer for a week or so.

Jokes aside,stunning tank!! Enjoy bud

UPDATE: I followed @Spydro 's advise with regards to the tails on the dual coils. It makes a huge difference IMO. With the long tails I had to occasionally move them around because I would start to get hints of a dry hit if I chained it. I didn't even rewick, I just cut them shorter and boom, I can chain vape to my heart's content without getting that pre-dry hit taste and sound.

Sound advise, much obliged sir.

UPDATE: I followed @Spydro 's advise with regards to the tails on the dual coils. It makes a huge difference IMO. With the long tails I had to occasionally move them around because I would start to get hints of a dry hit if I chained it. I didn't even rewick, I just cut them shorter and boom, I can chain vape to my heart's content without getting that pre-dry hit taste and sound.

Sound advise, much obliged sir.

Happy to hear you made it happen for yourself. :thumbsup:

Back