Batteries

Hein510

Creator of Ohm1 Eliquid range
LV

Awards
Ok I've been looking at getting me a mech mod, realy loving the Chi You, and as I've scanned through topic on topic everyone is talking about the amps a battery can handle.

So I've scanned Fasttech for batteries and nowhere on any of the battery items does it give a amp rating!

How do you work out what the amp rating of a battery is?

@Hein510 if i can give some advice, rather get the batteries locally if you can.

Slowtech charges a hefty shipping fee on all batteries now.

unless we do a group buy from them and split the shipping fee?

thats weird

when i checked some time ago, they listed the batteries as 'expedited shipping available' which was through a different courier altogether.

Yes it changed again. It was $60 shipping at a stage but no more shipping batteries from slowtech to SA.

I dont think I wanna buy from them, was just checking what batteries they had as I'm a AA and AAA battery guy and these 18650 batteries is new to me.

Ok I've been looking at getting me a mech mod, realy loving the Chi You, and as I've scanned through topic on topic everyone is talking about the amps a battery can handle.

So I've scanned Fasttech for batteries and nowhere on any of the battery items does it give a amp rating!

How do you work out what the amp rating of a battery is?

If they don't specify the Amp rating on a battery then it is probably to low for a mech mod - I think standard amps on a li-ion battery is in the range of 1 - 3 Amps (depending on manufacturer it could vary), which is obviously not enough

You need to look at anything 10 amp or higher - you could probably get away with an 5amp one if you are not going to go Sub-Ohm on your coils, but getting the highest amp you can get is probably the best safety margin.

If no amp rating is given the norm is 2x mAH so a 2000mAH batt will give a constant save
Amp of 4000mA or 4A

Back