Battery Prices

Oh I'm not trying to justify the prices. Just poi ting out why there are such big differences in price range. I'm all for paying less too

I know and didnt say you were.
I didnt mean offence either and also didnt want this thread to turn into a political correct or incorrect thing either.
I was just saying the markup affects everyone even the people that wants to vape and are not vapers yet.

This point is interesting. I was looking for a product and a buddy of mine was working at the store that stocked the product. I came to purchase it and he told me to come back in two weeks. What the store was doing - and personally I don't feel like this is in any way unethical... Was that the first batch of products cost them (made up for the sake of explanation) R100. So they sold the products for R200. The next shipment arrived and only cost them R80, so they held the new stock until they could sell the original stock first at their desired markup. As soon as the R100 stock was sold out, They packed the shelves with the New R80 stock and dropped the price accordingly.

now the petrol filling stations."(not all but alot of them)" does this same type of thing when the petrol price drops.
but, when theres a price increase they normally fill the tanks and claim some of their pumps are out of order to gain profits from pre-price increase stock.

now the petrol filling stations."(not all but alot of them)" does this same type of thing when the petrol price drops.
but, when theres a price increase they normally fill the tanks and claim some of their pumps are out of order to gain profits from pre-price increase stock.
TIA 8--)

This was just posted in the for sale thread.not my pics but pasting here for awareness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-26-22-24-00.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-26-22-24-00.png
    547 KB · Views: 47
Not a "Stirring" post, just want an opinion from the Forum members.

If a shop closes down, and they wish to sell the stock at Cost, to just make their money back. Do you think we should share and make it available to our fellow forum members?

In my opinion, this will help a lot of people get some good gear and juice at an affordable price, so it is in the interest of the vapers (forum members)

But i'm guessing vendors will complain as they do not want the general public to know what they are paying cost wise.

If a shop closes down, and they wish to sell the stock at Cost, to just make their money back. Do you think we should share and make it available to our fellow forum members?

In my opinion, this will help a lot of people get some good gear and juice at an affordable price, so it is in the interest of the vapers (forum members)

But i'm guessing vendors will complain as they do not want the general public to know what they are paying cost wise.
In general this should not be a problem, shops closing down is normally due to people not knowing how to run a bussiness, and thus they normally still trying to sell the goods at an profit and far from cost and thus will be losing more money as they not selling the goods to get out of truoble. I have seen many "closing down" sales on facebook and the prices was still about normal price

In general this should not be a problem, shops closing down is normally due to people not knowing how to run a bussiness, and thus they normally still trying to sell the goods at an profit and far from cost and thus will be losing more money as they not selling the goods to get out of truoble. I have seen many "closing down" sales on facebook and the prices was still about normal price

I've seen this as well, but I'm referring to an actual Cost only sale.

@Dela Rey Steyn
As no one has said that this would be a bad idea I would assume that they have no problem with it. Perhaps you could wait another day to give members more chance to view your post. You would then see if there is a substantial group opposed to it. Personally, I can't see why they would be against it. If you spend enough time searching the internet I reckon you could get fairly close to what the cost prices are.

Aye! It doesnt really affect them. Once the shop is closed and the sale is done they would still be doing business as usual.
unless of course the closing down sale lasts for months on end.

Back