Becoming a reviewer

ShortCutNinja

New Vaper
LV

Awards
What does it take to become a reviewer? I would love to start as reviewer for local products, stores etc.

There are a lot of big guns out there on the international scene, but I want to promote local, especially in these challenging times.

#localislekker

Guessing that you're asking about youtube reviews?

If so you would probably need a decent camera and mic?

As for product, you would have to go out and buy whatever you would like to review. Most (if not all of the reviewers) started out this way. It's only a very small portion that get sent items to review.

There's also a reviewers section on the forum where you can post your reviews.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

What does it take to become a reviewer? I would love to start as reviewer for local products, stores etc.

There are a lot of big guns out there on the international scene, but I want to promote local, especially in these challenging times.

#localislekker

Camera/phone - most phones nowadays shoot up to 4k so no need in spending cash on buying a camera if you don't have one.

Mic- Although not nessacry it definitely helps. Lavalier Mic is the way to go, cheap and does a excellent job and connects to phone.

Then product to review, this is the most challenging (for me atleast) you gonna spend money and have alot of attys, mods etc... that will become dust collectors.
Without product you have no content so you gonna have to keep on buying and buying.

You say you want to review local?
The only thing really local in the vape industry is juice/eliquid which can become tricky as everyone tastes buds and setups are different so you might taste something in your setup and somebody else may be getting a different taste.

Its not a bad place to start if that's what you got but just start and don't wait for confirmation from anyone. Do it if you wanna do it.

And lastly and probably most importantly consistency is key.
If you gonna make 1 video a month you won't get anywhere.
Minimum 1 video/review a week, it may sound easy but after a long day of work you just wanna chill and come weekend you gonna wanna do your own personal stuff.

I find the last point the most challenging if I'm honest.
And also buying product, hence why I moved and revamped my channel over a year ago to accomodate a more diverse array of product .

Good luck and you can follow me here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI8u8o0dDWWiQCi3nSDyCpQ

Back