Benefits of steeping

Only reason my Ambrosia and Nilla Custard is steeping?
I bought 250ml of each! LoL
It's steeping faster than I can vape it :rofl:

You have no idea! I was 'Silver Plated' for the first couple of days, avoiding a complete Silver by forcing myself to stop vaping and get back to working.

When one starts getting dizzy with sweats and a dry mouth, you put that device down, sit down, and start rehidrating!

Can nobody answer this ? :)

I came across this recently with a juice (not a personal experience, it was a friend).

Basically he received a really amazing juice I recommended and told me it tasted like ass (direct quote :giggle:). I was dumbstruck as I'd been vaping the exact same stuff for quite a while and it was like heaven in a bottle.

Long story short was that the juice (even though it had been steeped long enough, 3+ weeks) had not had time to "breathe" (I forget the technical term) - the process by which the harsh elements of the juice evaporates off the surface.

Leaving the bottle open for a while turned the ass back into heaven ;)

Last edited:
@free3dom degassify is the current buzzword. Not the most correct but volatile compounds / solvents do get released gradually which can be vital to a juice tasting good (In my experience too)

One question to throw into the mix...
What if you have a new juice, thats already as dark as a starless night..?
I've got a bottle of 12mg Liquilab Traditional, that was said to have an intense aftertaste of Fruitloops.
But I cant take less than half a puff in a SubTank mini without coughing a lung up! The taste is so intense my eyes started watering, did get the Fruitloop after taste at least, as a small condolence, like the juice saying sorry for making me look like an idiot that just took a lung hit off a Camel Plain :notagain:
Would steeping this juice have ANY effect on improving it over time, letting it vent with the cap off, in a dark cupboard ? (which is now packed with Steeping bottles of various juices)

One question to throw into the mix...
What if you have a new juice, thats already as dark as a starless night..?
I've got a bottle of 12mg Liquilab Traditional, that was said to have an intense aftertaste of Fruitloops.
But I cant take less than half a puff in a SubTank mini without coughing a lung up! The taste is so intense my eyes started watering, did get the Fruitloop after taste at least, as a small condolence, like the juice saying sorry for making me look like an idiot that just took a lung hit off a Camel Plain :notagain:
Would steeping this juice have ANY effect on improving it over time, letting it vent with the cap off, in a dark cupboard ? (which is now packed with Steeping bottles of various juices)
Try it - you have nothing to loose!

Think I'll leave it without a cap for the next few days, extremely strong odour too, as a warning sign of how strong the juice is probably. If it doesn't improve, there might be a fellow vaper thats into this kind of juice that would like it.

Think I'll leave it without a cap for the next few days, extremely strong odour too, as a warning sign of how strong the juice is probably. If it doesn't improve, there might be a fellow vaper thats into this kind of juice that would like it.

Degassing (thanks @Mike :)) sounds like exactly what that juice needs - and if that doesn't work you can simply add some VG (do tests with a little bit at a time to find the best ratio) to mellow out the flavours ;)

Well they said it...great to have learned bout the sunlight mission, was wondering about that....thanx fellas.

Nice! Do you know how long this was in the sunlight for?

Hi @UnholyMunk
That photo sequence from a few posts back on the previous page was taken at a breakfast which I attended on Sunday. @devdev took the photos. In his oroginal post he says the photos were taken 30 minutes apart.

The juice being photographed was @Paulie's DIY Guava juice. 3mg nic and 70% VG. At first it was reasonably clear in colour. We put it on the side of our table that was exposed to direct sunlight. It was quite warm. The juice was probably in the sunlight for a total of 1 to 2 hours. I actually didnt know that Devdev was taking photos of it.

Pity we didnt try vape it before and after. I vaped it when it had already gone a bit darker and it was very nice. Its a 3mg juice so a bit light for me, but a very nice authentic and natural tasting guava. More flavour in the aftertaste than the vape itself. I filled my Lemo2 with it at the breakfast.

Funny thing is I got a small bottle of the exact same juice at Vapecon from Paulie, which has been in my dark cupboard for a few weeks. Its still relatively clear in colour. Nowhere near as dark as the last two pics in the sequence.

I tried it yesterday after finishing the darker one i loaded at the breakfast. It tastes the same. Cant tell a difference. Vaped both in my Lemo2 with a 1.2 ohm coil and Rayon wick at about 15 Watts on the iStick50.

Did the "sun curing" and darkening make a difference? Not that I could tell on this juice. But i would need to do way more testing to see how sun tanning a juice changes the taste of it.

@Silver thanks for the insight. The colour change is the nicotine being oxidised and sadly we just don't know enough as to how that impacts being vaped. It often becomes smoother but imparts a slight peppery flavour however ymmv and there are loads of variables involved.

Today I'm continuing my little 'science experiment'
I added some Liqua zero nic vanilla to my Vapexstacy Blueberry (already added some Hangsen Honey to sweeten this juice as it was too sour for my liking) to reduce the nic back to around 6mg.
I've let the juice steep for 24 hours. Now, I'm going to put it in direct sunlight for an hour. Going to take a before and after picture and try it out!

This sounds weird, but I want to thank everyone that has replied to this thread and answered my questions. (even though it was a can of worms :giggle:) this has really been useful and I hope it helps other newbies to the concept of steeping. Thank you again for all the support and guidance :clap:

Today I learned the valuable lesson that no matter what, a bad juice is always a bad juice..

Nope. Not so. Sometimes a bad juice can be fixed. Done it lots of times. :p

It's a trial and error thing. You take 5ml of the "bad" juice and you add pg/vg and flavoring as needed until it tastes better. Then you do the same with the rest of the remaining juice. It takes time, but you can "rescue" bad juices like that.

Some juices though, as you stated, will remain bad and need to be disposed of before it kills someone...lol

It's a trial and error thing. You take 5ml of the "bad" juice and you add pg/vg and flavoring as needed until it tastes better. Then you do the same with the rest of the remaining juice. It takes time, but you can "rescue" bad juices like that.

Some juices though, as you stated, will remain bad and need to be disposed of before it kills someone...lol
I guess it's worth investing in some flavour concentrates and plain pg

Back