Benefits of steeping

From what I understand, steeping involves oxidising. When your juice is shipped, it's closed. So, no oxidising happening

I doubt any juice makers are taking real measures to stop oxidation. It's happening while your juice is sealed.

Ok... I'm never too old or closed minded to learn, so will you guys that have tried the "Sunshine Cured Method" please post some before and after pictures with your results? I'm genuinely interested to see what your results are, as ALL I've ever read about this is the exact opposite of what you're suggesting.

Here's an example from another thread

Oxidising the nic is something I don't full understand yet. I'm not sure if it affects the amount of nicotine absorbed but it definitely impacts the taste and hit of juices.

2015-06-14-13-14-35-jpg.29317

Ok... I'm never too old or closed minded to learn, so will you guys that have tried the "Sunshine Cured Method" please post some before and after pictures with your results? I'm genuinely interested to see what your results are, as ALL I've ever read about this is the exact opposite of what you're suggesting.

Yeah well I don't take everything I hear as gospel, I give advice based on my own experience. Before attacking others in future, try doing some of your own research.

Sent from iPhone

Oxidising the nic is something I don't full understand yet. I'm not sure if it affects the amount of nicotine absorbed but it definitely impacts the taste and hit of juices.

That's a very significant change in colour

I tried quick steeping my glass bottles by wrapping in foil to block light from the elements and popped them in a warm oven. Warm up the oven to 50 deg and then pop your bottle in and check and shake every 5-10 minutes. The liquid doesnt get too hot and helps with constant temperature

I tried quick steeping my glass bottles by wrapping in foil to block light from the elements and popped them in a warm oven. Warm up the oven to 50 deg and then pop your bottle in and check and shake every 5-10 minutes. The liquid doesnt get too hot and helps with constant temperature
What was the results?

Nice! Do you know how long this was in the sunlight for?

Juice was quite vapable after a day of leaving it to stand in a cupboard after the heat treatment and in a few days the colour toned up quite nicely, instead of waiting for 2 weeks.

This works, as well as the "hot bath" method of putting your bottles in a slow cooker bath at 50 degrees for a few hours... I've also tried the microwave method, 3 seconds at a time at max power until the bottle is warm, shake and repeat a few times....

This works, as well as the "hot bath" method of putting your bottles in a slow cooker bath at 50 degrees for a few hours... I've also tried the microwave method, 3 seconds at a time at max power until the bottle is warm, shake and repeat a few times....
So far, from your experience with these methods, which produced the most favorable results?

So far, from your experience with these methods, which produced the most favorable results?
Honestly, the hot bath method... The microwave method works, but I'm honestly not too clued up with what microwaving an eliquid does chemically, so I'd rather not take the risk. Others on the forum do it quiet often, and have no complaints, but each to their own I guess ;)

That being said, I have microwaved a few e liquids when I'm impatient and want to vape what I've mixed right away! :p

Honestly, the hot bath method... The microwave method works, but I'm honestly not too clued up with what microwaving an eliquid does chemically, so I'd rather not take the risk. Others on the forum do it quiet often, and have no complaints, but each to their own I guess ;)

That being said, I have microwaved a few e liquids when I'm impatient and want to vape what I've mixed right away! :p
The microwave does sound a little risky. If my bottles were glass and not plastic, I'd consider the hot bath method

I'm speechless

Hahahah......... @Alex , the oh so uninformed. They will learn in time :p

I almost fell off my chair when I saw your comment. Couldn't stop laughing.

On this note, what about flavours that are imported from the states ? They are packaged and shipped which usually takes a week or 2 right ? Does this not count as steeping time ? So in theory they should be ready to vape as soon as we get them ?

I'm asking this question because I recently bought Milkman, and the first couple of vapes tasted OK-ish, but then it tasted horrible, almost like a burnt dry hit taste, but it wasn't.

I did a bit of reading up and have seen similar experiences with Milkman and letting it steep for 2 weeks is a MUST for anyone buying it.

So my question still remains, should it not be steeped by the time we get it here ? And if it isn't, why ?

Can nobody answer this ? :)

Your reasoning sounds sound to me. I have no idea why yours did not vape as if steeped. Maybe it needs more than 2 weeks of steeping.

Ye it's possible that it was so fresh when shipped it does need some more time

Yeah well I don't take everything I hear as gospel, I give advice based on my own experience. Before attacking others in future, try doing some of your own research.
Sent from iPhone

Hahahah......... @Alex , the oh so uninformed. They will learn in time :p

I almost fell off my chair when I saw your comment. Couldn't stop laughing.

I can admit that I don't know everything, and that I still have a lot to learn, but what @Alex suggested goes against everything I've researched for the passed 6 months. I'm very sorry coming across so strongly, but I honestly thought it was a troll...

Now instead of using our energy against each other, let's rather try and help each other out. I'm genuinely interested to know how long you guys steep the liquids in the sun for. I want to try it out in a controlled manner, as I've left a liquid in my car for a week, and when I finally remembered, it was totally black and didn't smell very good at all...

Since I added some hangsen honey (16mg) to my Vapexstacy blueberry (6mg) it's made it a higher nic (I prefer 6mg) so I'm putting it in the sun for an hour. Hope that reduces the nic

Since I added some hangsen honey (16mg) to my Vapexstacy blueberry (6mg) it's made it a higher nic (I prefer 6mg) so I'm putting it in the sun for an hour. Hope that reduces the nic
If you can, could you post the results of your experiment here?

For my impatient self the real question was: Does allowing the juice to steep make enough of a difference to outweigh the amount of time I need to wait before I can vape the bloody stuff.

Answer still remains: No...gimme that damn bottle!

"It needs steeping time" use to be my excuse for my bad concotions - which was pretty much all of them :giggle:

Last edited:
Back