Best 22mm RTA & RDTA

Melis

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys
I'm helping some friends move onto rebuildable tanks. They've got Vaporesso swag mods so unfortunately that limits the tank size to 22mm.

I would appreciate some recommendations on any good 22mm RTA or RDTA tanks that are available in South Africa.

Thanks so much.

Not many commercial 22mm RTAs around these days, but here are a few that are excellent.

Wasp Nano RTA - 23mm but does fit on the Pico and Swag Mod

Wasp Nano RDTA - 22mm

Geekvape Ammit 22mm - You can still get these at The Vapery.

Dvarw MTL RTA - Highend End 22mm but such a flavour atty in restricted DL mode with the 2.5mm airflow insert.

To be honest your friends are better off investing in new Mods that will accommodate larger 24mm and up RTAs.

There is really good cheap mods these days like the Vapor Storm Puma Baby 80w Mod for R400.

0ABA267F-2F2D-46DB-B28B-3A17781DFDDE.jpeg

Last edited:
Affordable DL ?
If so.... i paired a Wasp Nano RTA with my Swagg...and it works great. Flavour is very good and battery life is acceptable.. then again im use to 26650 battery mods so i would say with a 2.5mm build at 0.7 to 0.9 resistance build, your mate would be more than happy ...

The only pain in the bud is the 2mm tank... lots of filling. That is why my Swagg setup is not my daily runner:notagain:

Thank you for all the suggestions so far. I'm definitely going to look into all of them.

I would've also preferred to have them buy bigger mods to accommodate bigger tanks but unfortunately that's a lot of money to spend at the moment.

Does anyone have experience with the Wotofo Serpent RDTA? I myself have a Serpent 25 RTA and it's a lovely tank.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Thank you for all the suggestions so far. I'm definitely going to look into all of them.

I would've also preferred to have them buy bigger mods to accommodate bigger tanks but unfortunately that's a lot of money to spend at the moment.

Does anyone have experience with the Wotofo Serpent RDTA? I myself have a Serpent 25 RTA and it's a lovely tank.

If you're looking for an RDTA - Vandyvape PYRO, the end. I have both the V1 and V2 and I'll never sell either. I've used so many RDTA and none come close to them as an overall package.

Serpent RDTA is a fantastic atty. Monstrous flavour, easy build, straightforward wicking, nice quality. Airflow is a nice restricted DL if slightly noisy. My driver for 2 years. Highly recommended. 22mm

Serpent RDTA is a fantastic atty. Monstrous flavour, easy build, straightforward wicking, nice quality. Airflow is a nice restricted DL if slightly noisy. My driver for 2 years. Highly recommended. 22mm
That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback

If you're looking for an RDTA - Vandyvape PYRO, the end. I have both the V1 and V2 and I'll never sell either. I've used so many RDTA and none come close to them as an overall package.
What diameter are the Pyro RDTAs?

SM22 if you can find one
Merlin Mini MTL (100x than what it gets credit for, great flavour, super easy to build on and very versatile airflow options)
Wasp Nano RTA, but really really needs a drip tip option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SM22 if you can find one
Merlin Mini MTL (100x than what it gets credit for, great flavour, super easy to build on and very versatile airflow options)
Wasp Nano RTA, but really really needs a drip tip option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've forgotten about the Merlin mini. I'll check it out thanks.

I had a wasp nano RDA and sold it again after a week of use because I didn't like the close proximity of the coil to the mouthpiece. Is the RTA and RDTA better in terms of this?

I've forgotten about the Merlin mini. I'll check it out thanks.

I had a wasp nano RDA and sold it again after a week of use because I didn't like the close proximity of the coil to the mouthpiece. Is the RTA and RDTA better in terms of this?

Only every tried to RTA so can’t comment vs the RDTA. Most juices I vape are heavy on menthol/cooling agents and I just feel that the rta’s lack of a drip tip muted the menthol vs others. Another option would be a skyline clone, but I don’t like the way the drip tip and top cap are separate and filling is a bit of a pain.

Consider order from 3FVape or FastTech, they do still supply several 22mm RTA options far more brands and options than we have available in SA.

Just do Standard Registers Mail delivery, it’s cheap and you should have your order within 30 days as things at SAPO are going a lot better these days so no more waiting 3 to 4 months.

Or on bigger order pay the $30 to $40 DHL express option, get your order in 5 days.

Consider order from 3FVape or FastTech, they do still supply several 22mm RTA options far more brands and options than we have available in SA.

Just do Standard Registers Mail delivery, it’s cheap and you should have your order within 30 days as things at SAPO are going a lot better these days so no more waiting 3 to 4 months.

Or on bigger order pay the $30 to $40 DHL express option, get your order in 5 days.
I'll definitely go have a look. Thanks very much.

Only every tried to RTA so can’t comment vs the RDTA. Most juices I vape are heavy on menthol/cooling agents and I just feel that the rta’s lack of a drip tip muted the menthol vs others. Another option would be a skyline clone, but I don’t like the way the drip tip and top cap are separate and filling is a bit of a pain.
Thanks for the breakdown. I'll go look at the skyline.

I've got two 22mm Ammits just lying around. Have tried them on the swag and they fit but wicking it is a bit advanced for beginner builders.
Wasp Nano RDTA if you can still find one for sale. Takes 2 minutes to wick and the flavour is superb.

Wasp Nano RDTA if you can still find one for sale. Takes 2 minutes to wick and the flavour is superb.
How is the spitback from the Wasp RDTA?

I had the RDA and because the coil is so close to the moutpiece, the spitback was hectic and I burned myself a couple of times.

Back