Best part of Vapecon for you

Wilco

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys, Myself and a lot of my vaping friends see vapecon as the best day out for the past 3 years.

Please share your reasons why you like going to vapecon every year.

Thanks @Wilco
Gives us as organisers a lot of pleasure to read this
Am following...

Other than being involved in the planning etc my favourite part is seeing all the people, many of whom we only interact with during the year online.

Seeing them face to face and having a chat, laugh and vape together is very special for me.

Last edited:
I personally enjoy the camaraderie between all the like minded people, meeting the online acquaintances face-to-face and getting to know the people behind the online shops that i need to rely on most of the time. Being so isolated from the greater vaping community out here back in the "Boendoes" really makes VapeCon special for me.

@Silver you are 100% correct the people is the best, Standing in line in front of the gates waiting for the event to begin, everybody is joking, full of energy, getting free coffee (Rebel Revolution Vapecon 2018) and VAPING.

After reading this forum for about 2 years and meeting so many great people in the past years. This is truly a Vape Family get together not just another exhibition.

I switched over to Vaping in 2016 used the basic equipment. At Vapecon I bought myself a smok alien and tfv8 tank with RBA deck.
Being a complete noob someone at vapecon (wish I could remember his name) spent +-2 hours showing me how to rebuild my new toy. Building from that I now have 7 Tanks countless mods.

Following that Vapecon 2018 - I started with DIY Juice. The knowledge that was shared money can't buy :)

And to sum up. Every year I invite smoker friends to this event, and every year they are converted and never looking back to stinkies.

This event truly changed my life and 17 others I know.

It is a pity that Vapecon is only held in Gauteng. Capetonians (and many others) are Vapecon challenged. Our only benefit is to hear about it from other forum members who are able to attend.

It's kind of like being a kid who isn't invited to the birthday party of someone in his/her class. You hear about it on Monday but that is all.

It would be great if the companies represented at Vapecon could be encouraged to provide "Vapecon" specials, giveaways, competitions etc. for forum members who live far from Gauteng.

It is a pity that Vapecon is only held in Gauteng. Capetonians (and many others) are Vapecon challenged. Our only benefit is to hear about it from other forum members who are able to attend.

It's kind of like being a kid who isn't invited to the birthday party of someone in his/her class. You hear about it on Monday but that is all.

It would be great if the companies represented at Vapecon could be encouraged to provide "Vapecon" specials, giveaways, competitions etc. for forum members who live far from Gauteng.
This is how I feel about Vape fest in CPT aswell! Luckily I only have to travel 450km to get to VapeCon

@Silver you are 100% correct the people is the best, Standing in line in front of the gates waiting for the event to begin, everybody is joking, full of energy, getting free coffee (Rebel Revolution Vapecon 2018) and VAPING.

After reading this forum for about 2 years and meeting so many great people in the past years. This is truly a Vape Family get together not just another exhibition.

I switched over to Vaping in 2016 used the basic equipment. At Vapecon I bought myself a smok alien and tfv8 tank with RBA deck.
Being a complete noob someone at vapecon (wish I could remember his name) spent +-2 hours showing me how to rebuild my new toy. Building from that I now have 7 Tanks countless mods.

Following that Vapecon 2018 - I started with DIY Juice. The knowledge that was shared money can't buy :)

And to sum up. Every year I invite smoker friends to this event, and every year they are converted and never looking back to stinkies.

Wow, that is remarkable @Wilco
Great to hear that!
Your enthusiasm is superb, thank you

Vapecon 2019 spoils
766734bdb2c262caa879219901ad24d6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

It was great discovering new juices and meeting new people!

Friendliest guys ever from Cape Town selling Pulse juice - tons of flavor! I just had to buy some and now regret not buying more.

Discovered the juice from the UK "Ultimate Puff Eliquids"... Every juice I tasted was authentic and I had to buy some. Got a bottle of Red Velvet Cookies and it's yummy.

Must say there were a few international vendors who really represented.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Was my first year at vapecon and its just the atmosphere all day round that made the experience amazing ... will definatly be coming back next year

@Wilco Spoken from the heart!!!

Other than being involved in the panning etc my favourite part is seeing all the people, many of whom we only interact with during the year online.

Seeing them face to face and having a chat, laugh and vape together is very special for me.

@Silver I wonder what you are feeling and doing tonight? Is the adrenalin still pumping, or are you utterly exhausted and in a slump?
One thing is for certain - you pulled off a brilliant VapeCon by the sounds of it!!!

A huge congratulations to you Silver and your team! You all worked hard so that others could play hard!!

congrats Mickey.gif

I'll see you next year. I've already told my main clients that I'll be on leave, with no internet, as from 1 AUGUST to mid-Sept. next year lol. And I'll probably book in to the hotel two days early too - just in case!!! There is NO WAY that I'm going to miss VapeCon next year!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Best part for me.....

I mentioned a few good things in other thread but here are a few interesting things I would like give a mention as well.
PRO'S
1. Stage setup - LOOKED INTERNATIONAL
2. Food stalls - never seen a mobile pizza truck (amaze balls)
3. Very good coffee
4. Clean toilets
5. The attention to detail regarding the vape culture (tables for wicking the new mods, the space to move around, the floor layout, branding(vendors was easy to spot)
6. The friendly support staff
7. The MC was of the Chainz
8. Helpful vendors all of them
9. Kick ass sound
10. Clean venue even on the next day
11. Promo girls..... Need i say more guys
12. soooo many juices
Cons.
1. The lack of DIY items (no concentrates, no base mixes, no hardware)
Let me clarify: I DIY, and I was curious to see a vendor with 2 one shots for sale I tried them and it was amazing but not what I expected.
2. Wearing the name badges
Let me clarify: when I found my badge my eyes lit up like a kid, I felt the sense of being part of something bigger chatting with you guys (rubbing elbows with the who's who of vaping in South Africa) I knew when I put my badge on I was going to meet you great people, but in the back of my mind I had the feeling that we would be treated differently somehow.

I have a suggestion to this regard -
A promo goody bag made up by the vendors, stuff we could help market their respective brands like a hat(DIAMOND VENDORS or t-shirt(ECIGGSSA) or a Addy stand(not sure who) it doesnt have to cost alot. The cost could be recovered from paying let's say R50 more per ticket for ECIGGSSA forum members that RSVP and payable at venue (just an idea) different obviously from the support staff

I dunno I'm just spit balling here, please don't crucify me over this I'm just giving my honest opinion here, I might be full of crap or I might have a valid point it's up to the reader of this thread.

Last edited:

Great idea @Puff the Magic Dragon! An online VapeCon!

Having an excuse for the kids to go to Ouma and Oupa for the weekend...

Meeting people that you chat to everyday.

Tasting so many juices that your taste buds go on strike.

Just to be able to vape without explaining to a sceptic the why's and how's.

@Silver I wonder what you are feeling and doing tonight? Is the adrenalin still pumping, or are you utterly exhausted and in a slump?
One thing is for certain - you pulled off a brilliant VapeCon by the sounds of it!!!

A huge congratulations to you Silver and your team! You all worked hard so that others could play hard!!

I'll see you next year. I've already told my main clients that I'll be on leave, with no internet, as from 1 AUGUST to mid-Sept. next year lol. And I'll probably book in to the hotel two days early too - just in case!!! There is NO WAY that I'm going to miss VapeCon next year!!!!!!!!!!!

@Hooked, thanks for that
I am lying down in my hotel bed right now after helping the team pack up the banners and after going for a dinner.

I am feeling quite exhausted but very happy at the same time.

Happy that the event went as well as it did and that we managed to do what we intended. Also that there were so many happy attendees and vendors. Many vendors came up to us during the event and asked if they could sign up for 2020. There were no grumpy faces - just smiles all round.

Reading the positive commentary here means a heck of a lot to me personally. And to our whole team. I find VapeCon a big challenge. It is difficult to manage so many things at once and when I see positive feedback like this from people, it is hugely satisfying.

I have to apologize to those who came up to me at VapeCon and I couldn’t talk for long. I felt so bad having to move on but it’s like a ginormous wedding and trying to speak to everyone. You want to spend time with all the people but it’s physically impossible. I wish I had the chance to chat to each and every person I know on the forum who attended but we were running on an extremely tight schedule and had very little time to spare after doing what needed to be done and sorting out problems that came up.

I am going to take a break for a few days just to sleep and spend time with the family, who I haven’t seen since Tuesday. Then more work will commence to prepare the photos and the video.

What a week it was - experiences and memories for a lifetime

Ahh, let’s see
1. The Coffee in the queue at 5:30 courtesy of Rebel Revolution Vape to get the mood going and reminiscing with friends over a nice cuppa.
2. Seeing @Cor defrost after a all nighter in front of the gate. I may join him next year, don’t tell him that yet! @Friep will have to supply moral support, and somebody has to see that I behave myself.
3. @Rob Fisher and his jokes in the queue with all to get anticipation up, and @Silver making final arrangements for the synchronized stampede.
4. The full orchestrated stampede on gate opening, with no one getting trampled, they teach you well in the run up.
5. Visiting and meeting new exhibitors and trying so many new things. Not to mention those ufo’s in the air while queueing, my coordination is getting better every year, awesome prezzies if you can catch them.
6. Missing the Taco kombi again as my timing sucked, next year that’s my first stop, be ready.
7. Having strangers approach until their name badges show its someone you know so well on forum, and then start a new chat in person. One more to join and talk to in next years queue.
8. Meeting the legend from Cape Town @Moerse Rooikat who made the trip to represent, now to get one of us Vaalies to attend one of their vape meets.
9. Promo Girls, hart pilletjie tyd. Haven’t walked that upright and koskas in borskas out in a long time.
10. The experience like no other on the day, the people, the exhibitors, the goodies, the chats and advice, and a slight sad feeling when you leave through those blue gates.
11. Immediately starting to look forward to Vapecon 2020. See you all again next year!
12. Knowing that due to all involved from ECIGSSA and exhibitors it’s going to be great again! A big thank you to all [USERGROUP=3]@Admins[/USERGROUP] and everyone for your time and effort for us, the vapers of SA.
13. To @Christos , thanks for that pin meneer, I may have been very popular without, or just plainly out.

Ahh, let’s see
1. The Coffee in the queue at 5:30 courtesy of Rebel Revolution Vape to get the mood going and reminiscing with friends over a nice cuppa.
2. Seeing @Cor defrost after a all nighter in front of the gate. I may join him next year, don’t tell him that yet! @Friep will have to supply moral support, and somebody has to see that I behave myself.
3. @Rob Fisher and his jokes in the queue with all to get anticipation up, and @Silver making final arrangements for the synchronized stampede.
4. The full orchestrated stampede on gate opening, with no one getting trampled, they teach you well in the run up.
5. Visiting and meeting new exhibitors and trying so many new things. Not to mention those ufo’s in the air while queueing, my coordination is getting better every year, awesome prezzies if you can catch them.
6. Missing the Taco kombi again as my timing sucked, next year that’s my first stop, be ready.
7. Having strangers approach until their name badges show its someone you know so well on forum, and then start a new chat in person. One more to join and talk to in next years queue.
8. Meeting the legend from Cape Town @Moerse Rooikat who made the trip to represent, now to get one of us Vaalies to attend one of their vape meets.
9. Promo Girls, hart pilletjie tyd. Haven’t walked that upright and koskas in borskas out in a long time.
10. The experience like no other on the day, the people, the exhibitors, the goodies, the chats and advice, and a slight sad feeling when you leave through those blue gates.
11. Immediately starting to look forward to Vapecon 2020. See you all again next year!
12. Knowing that due to all involved from ECIGSSA and exhibitors it’s going to be great again! A big thank you to all g0g and everyone for your time and effort for us, the vapers of SA.
13. To @Christos , thanks for that pin meneer, I may have been very popular without, or just plainly out.

Well said, @Room Fogger. Your words bring the reality of VapeCon home to those who weren't there.

The highlight for me was just seeing how big the vape community really is! And how varied!
Was stunned when I spotted @Safz_b !!! Way to represent!!!

Getting to meet @Silver and @Rob Fisher was another highlight for me. Wish we could have chatted longer, but I get how busy you guys were. Even so, @Silver did take a moment to give me advice when I asked for it. Really appreciate it.

Thanks to @Silver @Rob Fisher @Christos @Alex @Kuhlkatz and all the other VapeCon staff for making this event happen. I'm definitely coming back next year.

Last edited:
Best part is seeing how big our community is and how vaping brings every1 together. Amazed at how big the vendors went with stalls and meeting the international vendors:) also the specials were insane and super amped I found my new favorite juice thanks to the vape guys called The One:O can't wait for next year's 1:WINKINGFACE:

my mind I had the feeling that we would be treated differently somehow.

I have a suggestion to this regard -
A promo goody bag made up by the vendors, stuff we could help market their respective brands like a hat(DIAMOND VENDORS or t-shirt(ECIGGSSA) or a Addy stand(not sure who) it doesnt have to cost alot. The cost could be recovered from paying let's say R50 more per ticket for ECIGGSSA forum members that RSVP and payable at venue (just an idea) different obviously from the support staff

I dunno I'm just spit balling here, please don't crucify me over this I'm just giving my honest opinion here, I might be full of crap or I might have a valid point it's up to the reader of this thread.
Would it be fair to members thats been on the forum for years with thousands of helpfull posts to get the same as people that join just before Vapecon so they could get something? Look how many people joined forum just before Vapecon to enter comps and havent post anything since.

My personal opinion. Name tags is nice for those who want one:-D . Wellknown longtime members will get the respect/acknowledgement from fellow members/vendors. This is Vapecon and not Ecigssa getogether. If non forum members start to feel as outsiders at Vapecon, it will die a slow death

Would it be fair to members thats been on the forum for years with thousands of helpfull posts to get the same as people that join just before Vapecon so they could get something? Look how many people joined forum just before Vapecon to enter comps and havent post anything since.

My personal opinion. Name tags is nice for those who want one:-D . Wellknown longtime members will get the respect/acknowledgement from fellow members/vendors. This is Vapecon and not Ecigssa getogether. If non forum members start to feel as outsiders at Vapecon, it will die a slow death
Make sense, didn't think of it that way, but I did recommend the cost addition to prevent that.

The thing is there are more pros than cons to this.

1. vendors constantly post new hardware here, new juices so the exposure to their brands increase
2. a Rsvp member that is going is valuable in the sense that they know how much prep and effort went into the event, we are walking in knowing what to expect.

3. The vendors can add marketing material in those goodie bags hats, Keychains lanyards, branded Addy stand, branded cotton samples branded juice samples, t-shirts the sky is the limit and I for one would not mind adding R50 to my ticket price to go towards eciggs to arrange this it could help cover a car guard or a mobile toilet.

Remember the goodies are free from the vendors, but it's a marketing platform available and if it makes the forum members feel special for a day I say go for it, the respect will always go to the long term members, founders, admins support staff

Last edited:
Back