Best part of Vapecon for you

Was my first vapecon and it was brilliant! Awesome specials, nice meeting the vendors, great vibe and enjoyed the Balkan burgers. Well done guys!

Got back to Durbs at 14:00 after driving from PTA to Sandton to pick up my Mother in Law and then back home... collapsed on the bed and slept for 3 hours... just woke up and now time to catch up... VapeCon was fantastic... @Silver and the team were awesome and I have to say things ran really well which made my time really awesome! My body is going to take a while to recover because according to my iPhone my average distance each day from Thursday was around the 14km mark with Saturday being a record distance of 15.7km's!

Thank you to all the people who came up to say hello! I must say it's probably the part I love most... meeting forum members! :h:

Best part meeting the faces behind the forum names nice seeing all of you and got to have a beer with a few.
@Alex (and your lighty) @Kuhlkatz sorry I couldn't help out more but was great meeting you okes and having a few lags that's what it's all about..

Vapecon 2019 spoils
766734bdb2c262caa879219901ad24d6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Please post your pic on this thread ? https://www.ecigssa.co.za/show-me-your-vapecon-2019-loot.t61952/

It was awesome.. Great to see sum ppl.. Putting name to a face... And vendors was amazing great info giving.. I spoke to friend and he would like to attend next and do sum stuff that side..

Got back to Durbs at 14:00 after driving from PTA to Sandton to pick up my Mother in Law and then back home... collapsed on the bed and slept for 3 hours... just woke up and now time to catch up... VapeCon was fantastic... @Silver and the team were awesome and I have to say things ran really well which made my time really awesome! My body is going to take a while to recover because according to my iPhone my average distance each day from Thursday was around the 14km mark with Saturday being a record distance of 15.7km's!

Thank you to all the people who came up to say hello! I must say it's probably the part I love most... meeting forum members! :h:

@Rob Fisher 15km!!! Crikey - I'd better start getting in shape for next year.

And the BIG QUESTION is - did you wear your new shoes and were they comfy?

@Rob Fisher 15km!!! Crikey - I'd better start getting in shape for next year.

And the BIG QUESTION is - did you wear your new shoes and were they comfy?

@Hooked I did wear my Joe Nimbles the first day out but switched to my Under Armour shoes because they have way better cushioning. The Joe Nimbles are outstanding for light work but when the going gets tough Under Armour is the way!

EVERYTHING! This year was something special!

Pro's
  • Great atmosphere
  • Very friendly and helpful vendors (Especially Gatecrasher Vape House who ran out of stock of some of his juices, but phoned me today to ship exactly what I wanted to buy from him. He really went out of his way. )
  • Great layout
  • Amazing specials
  • Awesome food and drinks vendors
  • Clean toilets
  • Wide selection of vendors and stock
  • Ample Parking
Con's
  • The sound was a tad on the loud side. There were times either I or the vendor had to stop mid sentence and wait to continue our conversation because we could not hear a word either of us were saying. This was only when the mike was used though, the background music was the perfect volume.
  • Waiting another year before the next Vapecon;(

Once again, A very big thank you goes out to @Silver , @Rob Fisher , the VapeCon Staff and all the amazing Vendors for making yet another VapeCon a resounding success.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. It is really great to see the community enjoyed Vapecon this year and also to those sharing their Cons. That is the best way to improve Year upon Year.

@Silver you did a great job organizing this. Giving all of us 2 days of vaping. Personally Sunday was better due to the fact that it was not as crowded and I could interact with most vendors much better.

Also a shout out to the vapecon team who wished my friend a happy birthday on Sunday, for a new vaper that made him feel right at home.

And then the best part Finally putting faces to the names from the forum.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. It is really great to see the community enjoyed Vapecon this year and also to those sharing their Cons. That is the best way to improve Year upon Year.

@Silver you did a great job organizing this. Giving all of us 2 days of vaping. Personally Sunday was better due to the fact that it was not as crowded and I could interact with most vendors much better.

Also a shout out to the vapecon team who wished my friend a happy birthday on Sunday, for a new vaper that made him feel right at home.

And then the best part Finally putting faces to the names from the forum.

DON'T let the Sunday secret out! :wait:

@Wilco is lying... Saturday is by far the quietest day to go... EVERYONE should go on Saturday. Sunday is just too crowded. :p:rofl:

First Vapecon for me as well, had the privilege of taking my wife along, who is becoming more vaper and less smoker every day.
We had to do quite a rush through, because we had to pick up the kids from their grandparents, so we were not there for very long.

Pros:
1) The event was organised amazingly well. At no point did we struggle to see, find navigate etc. The stalls were well staffed, with enough people available to help and set up testers.
2) It was great to get exposure to different juice manufacturers and have so many friendly people to interact with.
3) The vibe was great (for the most part).
4) My wife DL'd like a champ, I was worried that she wouldn't be able to keep up with testing, but she blew clouds for ages.
5) Seeing some of the members running about with their nametags, got to meet @Oupa and @Rude Rudi at the VM stand (thanks for the swabs btw!). Our time constraints meant we missed chatting to @Silver , @Christos and @Rob Fisher , so that will be on next year's list.
6) The DIY comp juices, they were DAMN good.

Cons:
1) Some of the more interesting vendors had no testers set up, making it really hard to decide blind on a juice. My wife is still new and needs to taste before buying, as many of the juices she thought she would like, turned out to be a bust. I would even be willing to pay a "tester fee" in the future to make sure you can sample all the juices you want to.
2) The Taco Kombi was a huge bust, our Chicken Tacos had a heap of burnt crumbs (which may or may not have been chicken at some point) at the bottom of the taco. We were so excited about tacos, but should have gone for the Balkan Burgers instead.
3) Some attendees had a number of snide comments about my wife, about how she looked and the fact that she did not carry her own vape mod around. Get screwed, carrying a big mod and chucking clouds makes you no better than my wife using a Pico and MTL Dvarw that I carried around in my pocket. Your huge mod is probably compensating for something, just saying.
4) The first one can get to a point of overload quite quickly, especially if pressed for time. We wanted to do to much in the time we had and Franciske eventually said she can't try another juice or she would fall over. Next year we will have a much better idea of what she would want to have a go at in advance. We will also do have the stalls, then eat, then the other half.

All in all, we had a great time and we are already looking forward to next year! Hopefully we can catch some of the giveaways next year. I agree completely with an earlier post about adding a fee to the ticket prices and including a goodie bag. It would be fantastic to get a bunch of sample sized juices, maybe some cotton, coils etc, not because I want some free stuff, but to get some exposure to more of what is out there. It also doesn't need to include items from every vendor at Vapecon, maybe something like:
Every bag will contain at least:
5 X 10ml juice samples
1 X Random 60ml juice
2 X random battery wraps
1 X Random set of coils
Etc Etc Etc... you get the idea.

Thanks to everyone involved, the event was great and you could see how much passion went into it!

@CJB85 glad your wife managed the DL!!
Sorry People had snide things to say nobody should be judged for their personal preference and definitely not for the way they look.

Sorry I didnt see you guys I Was hoping to meet her, maybe next time I will

@CJB85 glad your wife managed the DL!!
Sorry People had snide things to say nobody should be judged for their personal preference and definitely not for the way they look.

Sorry I didnt see you guys I Was hoping to meet her, maybe next time I will
Yeah, we missed most of the forum members, but we were pushing to get through everything. I think we will take it a lot slower next year, do more of a people day, rather than an items day.

5) Seeing some of the members running about with their nametags, got to meet @Oupa and @Rude Rudi at the VM stand (thanks for the swabs btw!). Our time constraints meant we missed chatting to @Silver , @Christos and @Rob Fisher , so that will be on next year's list.

It was good meeting you @CJB85 - the invoice for the alcohol swabs is in the mail!!:-D:-D

It was good meeting you @CJB85 - the invoice for the alcohol swabs is in the mail!!:-D:-D
Just for the record... I did offer to pay cash :rofl::rofl::rofl:. We still wanted to cycle back and pick up some of the VM juice, but just ran out of time.
I am however doing some 0 Nic Pango in my new RDA on the Invader 4X today... Pango is one of yours, is it not?

3) Some attendees had a number of snide comments about my wife, about how she looked and the fact that she did not carry her own vape mod around. Get screwed, carrying a big mod and chucking clouds makes you no better than my wife using a Pico and MTL Dvarw that I carried around in my pocket. Your huge mod is probably compensating for something, just saying

I brought with me 3 RDA's but forgot the mod I was planning to use them with. So I was walking around with a Pico squeeze and a Wasp RDA. And I didn't give a rats ass of what anybody thought because it worked beautifully for me.

In my books Pico's are still the most reliable regulated mods ever made. I find no shame in carrying mine around.

Just for the record... I did offer to pay cash :rofl::rofl::rofl:. We still wanted to cycle back and pick up some of the VM juice, but just ran out of time.
I am however doing some 0 Nic Pango in my new RDA on the Invader 4X today... Pango is one of yours, is it not?

I have a Pango One Shot but I think you are referring to a juice which launched with the same name long after I launched my Pango...

I have a Pango One Shot but I think you are referring to a juice which launched with the same name long after I launched my Pango...
Nope... mine was mixed from the one shot, so I guess it has to be yours. The 0 Nic made the juice a bit of a let-down on single coil RTA's... I now have it in a dual coil (0.13ohm) RDA build, on top of a pot mod and it is a different kettle of fish altogether. I love the slight bitterness that the papaya gives to it. I am tempted to drop some ice in there to see what it does.

I brought with me 3 RDA's but forgot the mod I was planning to use them with. So I was walking around with a Pico squeeze and a Wasp RDA. And I didn't give a rats ass of what anybody thought because it worked beautifully for me.

In my books Pico's are still the most reliable regulated mods ever made. I find no shame in carrying mine around.
The Pico is always in my daily rotation and will probably replace this one when it stops working. I spent the whole day with my Tesla Punk and Kayfun Lite, doing a tobacco MTL. I saw no need in taking any DL stuff along, as there was a DL vape on virtually every counter in the venue. I just found it a little sour that people now judge the type of vape you are into... that is the kind of shit that keeps people on analogues.

@CJB85 and @Adephi - I attended vapecon with my Luxotic BF and old Twisp CUE... also didn't give a rats ass about what anyone thought.

They were probably jealous that they didn't have a wife to carry something for. Ignore them bud... they aren't worth the effort... ;)

The Pico is always in my daily rotation and will probably replace this one when it stops working. I spent the whole day with my Tesla Punk and Kayfun Lite, doing a tobacco MTL. I saw no need in taking any DL stuff along, as there was a DL vape on virtually every counter in the venue. I just found it a little sour that people now judge the type of vape you are into... that is the kind of shit that keeps people on analogues.

Flip they would have laughed at me. On a daily basis I use either my well-used Pico with my Wasp Nano or my RAM squonker with Dead Rabbit that has traveled a couple of rough roads (including falling and losing some '"non-essential" pieces of the body in the process). These two work flawlessly, are light weight and give great flavour. Furthermore I don't mind if they get scratched, etc. What the hell does that have to do with anybody else?

People are rediculous...

Back