BEWARE: Counterfeit Cuttwood in SA

Maxxis

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Had a bottle show up in my shop today. Really hard to spot the difference between the real thing and the counterfeit product so please beware when approached with a too good to be true offer of Cuttwood.

It is with a very sad heart that we are sharing this. There is an influx of counterfeit Cuttwood products in South Africa. It seems to affect the whole range too.

So how do I spot the counterfeit product? Actually quite easy. The guys have done a good job on it but not good enough.

1. The counterfeit bottle does not have the batch number on the bottle.
2. The counterfeit has a much thinner viscosity.
3. The counterfeit product has a very pungent honey smell.
4. From the photo you can also see the difference in the font used on the side of the bottle.
5. There have been reports of people getting sick from these.

Please be very careful of what you spend your hard earned money on! Don't put just anything in your lungs.

14469611_1773929692874681_1156002252119649184_n.jpg

Counterfeit product is on the left

Wow! Damn fakers. Thanks for sharing this @Maxxis.

Hmmm wasnt somebody selling a buch of Cutwood in the clasifieds?

Also saw somebody selling on FB at a cheaper rate than we're used to with intl. juice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm surprised they're selling it cheaply, you'd think they'd have a better chance of getting away with it by charging the normal price. I mean, the battery fakers don't give you a heads up that it could well be fake by charging you R80 for a choc or 25R.

printing on the label on the left is technically better ;)

I'm surprised they're selling it cheaply, you'd think they'd have a better chance of getting away with it by charging the normal price. I mean, the battery fakers don't give you a heads up that it could well be fake by charging you R80 for a choc or 25R.
The ones I saw weren't dramatically cheaper. It basically looked like a middle-man was cut out somewhere along the line.

Enough less to catch my eye, but not cheap enough to be suspucious.

Of coarse this could have been completely unrelated.

The police should be informed about it I think, especially considering the nature of the product and the stated fact that people have fallen ill from it.

I bought 2 bottles from a Vape Shop in Midrand Carlswarld Lifestyle Centre, when I questioned the Price the Salesman said his Boss got a good deal so he purchased alot of them,
I have a good mind and reporting them but who do you report them too ?

I bought 2 bottles from a Vape Shop in Midrand Carlswarld Lifestyle Centre, when I questioned the Price the Salesman said his Boss got a good deal so he purchased alot of them,

Have you had the flavours before? Because if it tastes different I would tell them. They should get that crap off their shelves if they are indeed fake.

The shop could be unaware that they bought fakes, but then again a shop should only be buying from legit suppliers.

@rogue zombie yes I have tried a few CuttWood Flavors previously, the original has a distinctive sweet full flavor taste, the ones I bought both taste the same Low quality harsh taste and much thinner in consistency

I don't get it, if you are going to go to all the effort to clone the bottle and label you could go to a bit of effort to clone the juice, There are hundreds of clones out there for the cutwood stuff and a few of them tasty in their own right. At least you wouldn't be putting people at risk?

I mean a pungent honey smell and making people sick?

I don't get it, if you are going to go to all the effort to clone the bottle and label you could go to a bit of effort to clone the juice, There are hundreds of clones out there for the cutwood stuff and a few of them tasty in their own right. At least you wouldn't be putting people at risk?

I mean a pungent honey smell and making people sick?

Yip, exactly. You could make a damn tasty clone with proper concentrates and still make huge profit. And if anyone picked up a slight variation in taste, you could easily say you needed to change a supplier on one ingredient, therefore the recipe is slightly different.

It's a sad truth, Couple of my friends studying in china have been purchasing Milkman E-juices for around 20 - 25 Yuan, equating to around R40 - R50. The bottles and packaging are almost identical to the naked eye. We need more whistle blowing reviews like these because I promise a storm of these fake products will be coming!

TB26mSklFXXXXaCXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!5032807339.jpg_600x600.jpg

Yip, exactly. You could make a damn tasty clone with proper concentrates and still make huge profit. And if anyone picked up a slight variation in taste, you could easily say you needed to change a supplier on one ingredient, therefore the recipe is slightly different.

You can however make an even BIGGER profit making it out of motor oil and road kill.

I know the owner, being in my area. I'll pop in and chat to them - they need to know this stuff makes customers sick.

Update: Actually, I know the guy well enough to know he is going to want to get his money's worth out of those bottles. Sad, really. Keep to the reputable vape stores, I think..

Last edited:
I know the owner, being in my area. I'll pop in and chat to them - they need to know this stuff makes customers sick.

Update: Actually, I know the guy well enough to know he is going to want to get his money's worth out of those bottles. Sad, really. Keep to the reputable vape stores, I think..
"Going to want to get their money's worth."

If you bought bull...shit... expect bull... shit in return!

Bought some Cuttwood on bid or buy...thought I had won an auction...hence the low price...was very wrong...the stuff was NASTY...have reported the guys to the Bid and Buy guys...waiting to see what happens next, can't seem to trust anyone. Agree...is very sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw on olx, nobody should buy Vape stuff other than from a reputable vendor or on this forum

Screenshot_20170605-195932.png

Bought some Cuttwood on bid or buy...thought I had won an auction...hence the low price...was very wrong...the stuff was NASTY...have reported the guys to the Bid and Buy guys...waiting to see what happens next, can't seem to trust anyone. Agree...is very sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It probably was Cuttwood

Back