BF Derringer for another BF RDA

Q-Ball

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys

Just got this Derringer from @Yiannaki but it doesn't screw onto my KUI, apparently the Odin also doesn't work on the KUI.

Excellent condition.

Would like to trade it for another BF RDA that would fit on my KUI please.

I am in Midrand after hours and my office is in Sandton.

2015-04-24 15.49.43_resized.jpg

As far as i know, the Odin fits on the KUI?

It worked on mine when i had it.

No way, I just got a Derringer and contemplating how to bf it for my KUI. So hope it fits or I'll be very sad.

Yeah and i thought 510 is 510.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Just run a bottoming tap through the 510 in the KUI.

Message sent via tapatalk

I have 2 brand New BF Hcigar Stillare's. They fit in the new 510 but there is a slight gap. I also sanded my top of the KUI when all the lightening and sanding was done so that might not be the case for yours.

upload_2015-4-24_18-14-9.jpeg

upload_2015-4-24_18-14-26.jpeg

No way, I just got a Derringer and contemplating how to bf it for my KUI. So hope it fits or I'll be very sad.
I was hoping to use my bottom fed one on my KUI as well, would have been awesome but at least it fits on a reo.

Can someone explain what exactly the problem is?

Like the 510 on the Derringer being too short or to fat or thin or the thread is different or???

I just tried mine on without a coil tosee if it fits. It screws in. Does have a gap between arty and mod likey Marquis but slightly larger. I did notice the liquid smear on the pin with the dot for the whole so that makes me think there is contact.

Just trying to figure it out before I BF mod it or coil it for nothing.

Last edited:
Can someone explain what exactly the problem is?

Like the 510 on the Derringer being too short or to fat or thin or the thread is different or???

I assume the pitch (0.5mm) is not 100% in the 510 connection thread (7mm).

Last edited:
Ok, from the other KUI thread, it appears that the upgraded 510 thread is the problem and I haven't upgraded mine.

I'm assuming you guys upgraded yours.

Hi Guys

Just got this Derringer from @Yiannaki but it doesn't screw onto my KUI, apparently the Odin also doesn't work on the KUI.

Excellent condition.

Would like to trade it for another BF RDA that would fit on my KUI please.

I am in Midrand after hours and my office is in Sandton.

View attachment 25929
Hey bud.

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you perhaps considered re tapping the 510. Chat to @JakesSA from Vapeclub. He might be able to assist with this matter.

Many reo owners also have the issue where an atty does not screw down far enough. I myself also has this issue. With a little bit of force I got my atties on and didn't have any issues since.

Hope this helps.

Hey bud.

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you perhaps considered re tapping the 510. Chat to @JakesSA from Vapeclub. He might be able to assist with this matter.

Many reo owners also have the issue where an atty does not screw down far enough. I myself also has this issue. With a little bit of force I got my atties on and didn't have any issues since.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Yiannaki, I will see what I can do. Are you saying that if you force it in the threads line up? I don't want to damage both the mod and atty.

6e0d4d1e74f8cb34f18974800c48889c.jpg

I can screw anything on mine..Exactly what @johan said..There is a ever so slight difference in the pitch of the thread and you just need to neaten it up by putting the tap through.

If the atty us stainless it will sort it out..1 turn in 1/2 out..and maybe use some Q10 While doing it...and wash thoroughly when done.

I have 2 brand New BF Hcigar Stillare's. They fit in the new 510 but there is a slight gap. I also sanded my top of the KUI when all the lightening and sanding was done so that might not be the case for yours.

View attachment 25936

View attachment 25937
@BigAnt its amazing what you have done to your KUI!!
Looks awesome!!I have read the thread but can find it..how did you get the carbon fibre look, and by milling the slots to loose some weight has it not become weaker?

@BigAnt its amazing what you have done to your KUI!!
Looks awesome!!I have read the thread but can find it..how did you get the carbon fibre look, and by milling the slots to loose some weight has it not become weaker?

Sorry @Q-Ball don't mean to hijack you thread.

@Gert_Koen here is the thread I did http://www.ecigssa.co.za/makeup-diet-for-piggie.t10325/
The milling IMO could even be more aggressive as it is so thick it hasn't weakened it.
The Carbon was done by dipping it (hydro graphic transfer).
Next one I think I will shave it down to lighten it and then give it a flame job :--P.

No problem @BigAnt, where did you get the hydro graphic transfer from, I want to go camo for the ultimate stealth vape.

No problem @BigAnt, where did you get the hydro graphic transfer from, I want to go camo for the ultimate stealth vape.

I use the place down the road that does our car parts. They are in Jukskei park Douglasdale area. Also @Zodd has somebody that does it which I think is closer to you.

Back