Biker Chat..

Wow @Silver, you were quite lucky but as you said there is no feeling like being on 2 wheels.

Unfortunately the reality of biking is that there are only two types of bikers, those who have tasted tar and those who are still going to.

However in my view, the fulfilment and joy attained from biking outweighs the risks, however still trying to be as safe on the roads as possible.

Agreed @BhavZ!
Biking gives one an incredible feeling - and it's something I would so love to feel again.

As for the fulfilment and joy outweighing the risks - that is a calculation every person needs to make for themselves.
I actually envy you that your calculation comes out that way.
I wish mine could too ;-)

Car for the body.

Bike for the soul.

This is my pride and joy.

She even sleeps inside the house. :D

852e05a80fa8b2e3fd3209c5cf3bf110.jpg

82f5bf5c9eb9fc28c4ce1a826e91c672.jpg

She is a K7 GSXR 600

Beautiful lady u have there. Deserves a bed in the house

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

She deserves a ring. The wife should understand.

Here are my 2 babies.

For the road a S1000RR and for the dirt a KTM 250sx
uploadfromtaptalk1408866454327.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408866491408.jpg

Beau - ti - ful

What beautiful bikes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hoping I can get my F650 sorted.rear wheel bearing needs replacing and forks seals are klaar...these twisties into town call to me

Anyone here selling or know of someone selling a Beemer 1200GS?

Please pm me if you do, along with as many details as possible.

So I wanted to go out last weekend but it turned out the valve had gone on my rear tyre.

No problem I thought. Fill up with some tyre weld and pop to full throttle to get it sorted. Only to discover when I got there that my chain and sprockets were done. So I'll be out laying another 2k on Friday.

Then to top it all off, my mate Justin who's the manager there shows me this beautiful new helmet range that he just got in which is better than my current one with amazing airflow and inflatable cheek pads and drop down visor etc. Another 2.2k.

I decided I should probably get some saddlebags too cos I'm always travelling with so much stuff. Luckily they were discounted to R500.

And as fate would have it, as I'm getting on the blade to leave, my riding jeans tear in the crotch. So I get off, go back inside and buy a new pair. 1.2k

So all in all my little trip for a R100 tyre valve turned into a splurge of just under 6k. And I was moaning about my car service costs...

There really is no hope for me.

So if anyone would like a shark s 700 xl with a drop down visor lemme know. Gotta try and mitigate some of that little escapade!

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

need to get as much riding in the following 2 weeks as possible.

The baby is stayin in jozi for now till I can get her down to cape town.

Thinking that i am going to red star on sunday

Was definitely thinking of hitting the road on Sunday. After all the fixes are done.

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

Any of you biker peeps know where I can locally source a tinted face shield for a Shoei NXR (or RF1200)?. Full Throttle can't help, and it seems that Google is not my friend in this regard.

Part name is CWR-1

I got mine from full throttle edenvale about a month ago. Try world of yamaha. According to full throttle the agents are in the same building. Linex yamaha also stock the nxr.

I got mine from full throttle edenvale about a month ago. Try world of yamaha. According to full throttle the agents are in the same building. Linex yamaha also stock the nxr.

You da man!!!!! Thank you, linex have stock!

Back