Billet Box Insider builds

Darth Vaper

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Howdy all,

Finding flavour with the Insider quite muted.
Using my standard 24g 3mm 7 wrap Ni80 0,5 ohm build - which is perfect in my SM25 for fruity menthols - just not up to par. Finding it a bit dry and cotton-tasting and lacking the fruits.

Any build suggestions for juices like XXX with the Insider?
Or anyone with experience of both know whether the Exocet is more suited for fruity menthols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy all,

Finding flavour with the Insider quite muted.
Using my standard 24g 3mm 7 wrap Ni80 0,5 ohm build - which is perfect in my SM25 for fruity menthols - just not up to par. Finding it a bit dry and cotton-tasting and lacking the fruits.

Any build suggestions for juices like XXX with the Insider?
Or anyone with experience of both know whether the Exocet is more suited for fruity menthols?

I think the exocet will suit your needs better... I find the insider likes fancy builds and does well with bakery. Exocet can handle simple or fancy builds well, but has this ability to bring fruit inside menthol to life in a way much similar to skyline and hussar

I tried the Insider when it was first released and while others liked it I just could not bond with it... the Exocet on the other hand has been a pleasure from the very first day and pretty much all my BB's have exocets. So easy to build on and wick and I never ever get a dry hit. I install 2.5mm Fused Claptons or Aliens and the flavour is top notch.
Exocet 001.JPG
BBSilverPit3.jpg BBX4 007.JPG

Try a normal or fused clapton in the Insider. It likes claptons, it has zero flavour with normal round wire builds.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I had problems with my insider at first, but once I got the wicking down and put a clapton in running at 0.7 at 22w the XXX has come alive.

Put claptons in and you will love the insider.

I had problems with my insider at first, but once I got the wicking down and put a clapton in running at 0.7 at 22w the XXX has come alive.

Put claptons in and you will love the insider.

TBH, I find claptons works best in any BB atty. Even the exocet shines with a Clapton coil.

Just tagging @Paul33 here on this thread

@Paul33 , maybe this thread can give you some help with your new Insider

And hopefully some of the guys with Insider bridges can give you some tips

Just tagging @Paul33 here on this thread

@Paul33 , maybe this thread can give you some help with your new Insider

And hopefully some of the guys with Insider bridges can give you some tips
Billet is performing magically with the insider and a micro alien build in it. 0.44ohm at 23w. Less wick is definitely more in here. Superb.

Billet is performing magically with the insider and a micro alien build in it. 0.44ohm at 23w. Less wick is definitely more in here. Superb.

Great to hear
Maybe post a pic to share the moment!!!
What juice you vaping in there @Paul33 ?

Great to hear
Maybe post a pic to share the moment!!!
What juice you vaping in there @Paul33 ?
Thank you @Silver

I’ll have to post a pic when I rewick, it’s kinda all closed up at the moment!!

It got filled with Panama that my kidlets got me for Christmas!

Airflow ring removed off the Insider.

WORLD of difference without it.

I tried the Insider when it was first released and while others liked it I just could not bond with it... the Exocet on the other hand has been a pleasure from the very first day and pretty much all my BB's have exocets. So easy to build on and wick and I never ever get a dry hit. I install 2.5mm Fused Claptons or Aliens and the flavour is top notch.
View attachment 99862
View attachment 99863 View attachment 99864
Good morning @Rob Fisher

Hope you and your family had a good Christmas!

Is that a 3mm ID coil in the Exocet?

Any recommendations on what fused Clapton coils or wire to buy? Shooting for around the 0,5 ohm mark

You can try some of this if you want to do your own coils, it works great! It's in stock at The Vape Guy and Vape King,

IMG_0057.JPG

Going to pick an insider up tomorrow for my “bakery” boro so definitely following this thread :p

Last edited:
Back