Billet Box Insider builds

Mines coming with an exocet, worth getting an insider and second Boro?
I can’t compare as I haven’t tried the Exocet but so far the Insider is really, really good.

I reckon a second boro is a good investment. Makes life easier changing between juices!

Just opened it to rewick so took couple pics of the current experimental build in use which is performing great so far: 24/32g, 6 wrap, 2.5mm, Kanthal Clapton - 0.58ohms - this wire ramp up time is great for a long restrictive draw.

The great thing about the Insider is the ease of wicking, no dry hits or leaking whatsoever, so it's all about playing around with builds and wicks and wicking methods to optimize flavour. Plain wire gets the job done but Claptons seem to bring out the best in it. Have tried a few other Claptons and they all seemed good but I like how this one chain vapes. Haven't tried an Exocet yet, but I still can't see it beating a 20700 3D mech squonker with an OL16 on it for flavour, size, weight, durability, juice capacity, vapour, maybe battery life and overall EASE of use, rewick it every hour if you like.. just saying ;) Just a personal thought, not starting any debates or derailing the thread!

IMG_3681.JPG

IMG_3698.JPG

Just did a 9 wrap 24g kanthal 2.5mm spaced coil. Came out to 0.72ohm at 16w. Very nice so far. Time will tell.

Just opened it to rewick so took couple pics of the current experimental build in use which is performing great so far: 24/32g, 6 wrap, 2.5mm, Kanthal Clapton - 0.58ohms - this wire ramp up time is great for a long restrictive draw.

The great thing about the Insider is the ease of wicking, no dry hits or leaking whatsoever, so it's all about playing around with builds and wicks and wicking methods to optimize flavour. Plain wire gets the job done but Claptons seem to bring out the best in it. Have tried a few other Claptons and they all seemed good but I like how this one chain vapes. Haven't tried an Exocet yet, but I still can't see it beating a 20700 3D mech squonker with an OL16 on it for flavour, size, weight, durability, juice capacity, vapour, maybe battery life and overall EASE of use, rewick it every hour if you like.. just saying ;) Just a personal thought, not starting any debates or derailing the thread!

View attachment 117346

View attachment 117347

Great pics @M5000 !
PS - OL16 rocks!

Suppose if you’d like to have one for a different flavour profile, fruity menthol to a custard isn’t very nice for about half a tank if you know what I mean ...

I haven't used my Insider for a long time as, with plain round wire builds, I felt the Exocet definitely had the edge in the flavour dept.
But, seeing as there is more build-space in the Insider, I've just put a fused clapton in there for the first time and... wow! This Insider has now come alive!

I haven't used my Insider for a long time as, with plain round wire builds, I felt the Exocet definitely had the edge in the flavour dept.
But, seeing as there is more build-space in the Insider, I've just put a fused clapton in there for the first time and... wow! This Insider has now come alive!
Good to hear!

I’m ordering some fused Clapton wire just now to rebuild my Insider.

What build did you do?

It was a second-hand coil out of my SMM - was a 3mm 6/7 wrap, which I tightened onto a 2.5mm ID and removed a wrap or two to get it smaller. Came out at 0.3 Ohm in the BB. Not ideal, as I'd like to be around 0.5 Ohm, but more just an experiment. But it has definitely proven that I need to get me some new 2.5mm 0.5 Ohm fused claptons for it!

It was a second-hand coil out of my SMM - was a 3mm 6/7 wrap, which I tightened onto a 2.5mm ID and removed a wrap or two to get it smaller. Came out at 0.3 Ohm in the BB. Not ideal, as I'd like to be around 0.5 Ohm, but more just an experiment. But it has definitely proven that I need to get me some new 2.5mm 0.5 Ohm fused claptons for it!

I just ordered the fused clapton wire from TheVapeGuy. Looks like 6/7 wraps on 2.5mm comes to 0.8-0.9. Reckon that’ll be magic in the bb.

I see you’re in Durbs as well. If you want you can grab a section and give it a go!

That sounds like a plan - thanks for the offer! Let me know once you've got it and tried it out?
Pleasure!

By the look of things it’ll arrive tomorrow then I’m gonna build on the bb, the goon and the serpent then will report back!!

Pleasure!

By the look of things it’ll arrive tomorrow then I’m gonna build on the bb, the goon and the serpent then will report back!!
Wire arriving tomorrow then I can get my build on. To quote my 7 year old “I’m super duper pooper excited!!!”

4FBE77B1-6BDD-47F6-A42E-83C32F0C500F.jpeg
It arrived @Darth Vaper !!!

D7961255-9544-4883-A334-3C2DFD2D686A.png
8 wrap 2.5mm

691713FC-AA13-42D9-92BC-F6DA159081B5.jpeg
Sorry about the upside down pic o_O

At 15w it’s flavour for days.

Wicked with cotton bacon v2 and juiced up with some Panama :clap:

Congrats on the new wire and build @Paul33
Looks super!

You can try some of this if you want to do your own coils, it works great! It's in stock at The Vape Guy and Vape King,

View attachment 117335

I bought this today, looking forward to making my first coil! Would have preferrred to get it from The Vape Guy but I couldn’t find it. :/

Back