- Click Here to add some flavour to your day -

H/Holy Grail Ry4 Concentrate (DIYFS)
Gooey Buttercake Concentrate (DIYFS)
Birthday Cake Concentrate (DIYFS)
Holy Vanilla Concentrate (DIYFS)
French Vanilla Concentrate (DIYFS)
Café Napoleon Concentrate (DIYFS)
Li Hing Mui Concentrate (DIYFS)
Vanilla Ice Cream Coffee Concentrate (DIYFS)
A/R Caramel Concentrate (DIYFS)
Angel Food Cake Concentrate (DIYFS)

Lol, holy holy grail RY4
That sounds very holy grail indeed

That vanilla ice cream coffee sounds very interesting :rolleyes:
@Rude Rudi just tagging you in case you don't see this. I know you are a coffee connoisseur

I believe the Holy Vanilla, and the Holy RY4 are the cream of the crop, in those profiles.

I'm also curious about the Vanilla Coffee Ice Cream, but cant find info. @Richio any idea on what percentage to use it?

Great stuff @Richio.

@Silver, their Holy Vanilla is thé holy vanilla in the DIY world. Their RY4 is also widely acclaimed. This simple recipe, called Cardinal, which uses it, is all the rage at the moment. Probably way too sweet for my and your tobacco taste buds.

Great stuff @Richio.

@Silver, their Holy Vanilla is thé holy vanilla in the DIY world. Their RY4 is also widely acclaimed. This simple recipe, called Cardinal, which uses it, is all the rage at the moment. Probably way too sweet for my and your tobacco taste buds.

Thanks @Andre

The notes on that Cardinal recipe are great to read. Amazing how the experienced DIYers adjust percentages based on how long they plan to let the juice sit. The rabbit hole has widened... :eek:
:D

Li hing mui is salty dried plum. In most parts of China it is called huamei (話梅). It has a strong, distinctive flavor, and is often said to be an acquired taste, as it has a combination of sweet, sour, and salty taste. It has also been described as tart, and even tangy. Originally from Guangdong Province, the name "li hing mui" means "traveling plum". "Li hing" is "traveling" and "mui" is "plum"

Ayyyyyy, what a nice little present to find on the return from the holidays! Thanks again for bringing us more flavors @Richio been waiting for the vanilla and grail for a good few recipes!

Li hing mui is salty dried plum. In most parts of China it is called huamei (話梅). It has a strong, distinctive flavor, and is often said to be an acquired taste, as it has a combination of sweet, sour, and salty taste. It has also been described as tart, and even tangy. Originally from Guangdong Province, the name "li hing mui" means "traveling plum". "Li hing" is "traveling" and "mui" is "plum"

Oooh, that sounds a step up or down from taro @Andre - joining me?

Oooh, that sounds a step up or down from taro @Andre - joining me?
Hehe, can only be a step up! Shall certainly add it to my next order, which will only be next month. You can create a recipe in the mean time.

Hehe, can only be a step up! Shall certainly add it to my next order, which will only be next month. You can create a recipe in the mean time.
At the moment I'm doing a lot of cooking using miso paste (fermented tofu) so you know I'm going to give this a go. I'll get back to you.

And order received... World class service, as always @Richio.

I mixed up a few quick testers and OMG, this lives up to the hype, and then some!!!

I did an adaptation of an existing recipe and used the 3 DFS heroes to make French Cafe which includes Holy Vanilla, Holy Holy Grail and Cafe Napoleon. On the shake, these babies shone and I can't wait for a proper steep to show its full potential!! The Holy Grail is just soooooo good it is ridiculous - different level stuff this... I added a drop to me bath water to remind me of its goodness... :bath:

The Cafe Napoleon is a stunner - a light sweet caramel cappuccino without the skunky coffee taste!!! I did a 6% single tester and immediately mixed up a bigger batch - this stuff will be in me daily rotation without a doubt!!!

I'll receive the balance of the flavours today to make Cardinal and will provide feedback...

Game changer....landed!!!

:campeon::aplastao::banana::ARMS1::applaudit::beer-toast1::clap2::claps::dancer2::dance1::clapclap::DJ::elefant::eusa_dance::eyepop::headbang::hambre::Laie_22mini::lunchacos::neng2kb::ole:

And order received... World class service, as always @Richio.

I mixed up a few quick testers and OMG, this lives up to the hype, and then some!!!

I did an adaptation of an existing recipe and used the 3 DFS heroes to make French Cafe which includes Holy Vanilla, Holy Holy Grail and Cafe Napoleon. On the shake, these babies shone and I can't wait for a proper steep to show its full potential!! The Holy Grail is just soooooo good it is ridiculous - different level stuff this... I added a drop to me bath water to remind me of its goodness... :bath:

The Cafe Napoleon is a stunner - a light sweet caramel cappuccino without the skunky coffee taste!!! I did a 6% single tester and immediately mixed up a bigger batch - this stuff will be in me daily rotation without a doubt!!!

I'll receive the balance of the flavours today to make Cardinal and will provide feedback...

Game changer....landed!!!

:campeon::aplastao::banana::ARMS1::applaudit::beer-toast1::clap2::claps::dancer2::dance1::clapclap::DJ::elefant::eusa_dance::eyepop::headbang::hambre::Laie_22mini::lunchacos::neng2kb::ole:

Thanks for the feedback!

Did you by chance get the Vanilla Coffee Ice Cream?

These look really promising.

That Ry4 is in my cart and I had to add the vanilla coffee ice cream. Sounded too good not to!!

Li Hing Mui Concentrate & Vanilla Ice Cream Coffee Concentrate incoming!!!

Very keen to play with Li Hing Mui!!!!
Very keen to hear your thoughts on the vanilla coffee @Rude Rudi

Been eyeballing that for a few days now but can’t find much info on it!

Very keen to hear your thoughts on the vanilla coffee @Rude Rudi

Been eyeballing that for a few days now but can’t find much info on it!

Ok, had a quick single flavour test of the vanilla ice cream coffee and the news is good!

At 6%, there is a familiar coffee taste, without the burnt rubber off notes, moistened up with a delicious creamy ice cream. I detect cocoa notes which compliments the overall tastes very well. I will describe it as more of a chocolate ice cream coffee with hints of vanilla. The vanilla is there but the chocolate is forward and mutes it slightly. I suspect it will improve with a steep and allow the ice cream to pop even more.

I could not find a single review on it, except on the DFS site which I never trust, and mixed together a quick, simple recipe. I added 1% HS ice cream to boost the ice cream notes and enhance the (already present) creaminess and 0.5% Cap Sugar cookie, to replicate a Cornetto type cone for the base. I do not want to increase the biscuit any higher at this stage as I want the main profile to shine. I will adjust after the steep and may add 0.5 INW Biscuit and or FA cookie but no more.

This is a brilliant stand alone and a remarkable coffee ice cream.

To coin a phrase, Just do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, had a quick single flavour test of the vanilla ice cream coffee and the news is good!

At 6%, there is a familiar coffee taste, without the burnt rubber off notes, moistened up with a delicious creamy ice cream. I detect cocoa notes which compliments the overall tastes very well. I will describe it as more of a chocolate ice cream coffee with hints of vanilla. The vanilla is there but the chocolate is forward and mutes it slightly. I suspect it will improve with a steep and allow the ice cream to pop even more.

I could not find a single review on it, except on the DFS site which I never trust, and mixed together a quick, simple recipe. I added 1% HS ice cream to boost the ice cream notes and enhance the (already present) creaminess and 0.5% Cap Sugar cookie, to replicate a Cornetto type cone for the base. I do not want to increase the biscuit any higher at this stage as I want the main profile to shine. I will adjust after the steep and may add 0.5 INW Biscuit and or FA cookie but no more.

Detailed and informative as ever!!

Thanks so much @Rude Rudi

Wow, that sounds amazing
Thanks @Rude Rudi
:)

Back