Mod: Sigelei 75W
Watts/Volts:30 watts

Atomiser: Sub Tank Nano
Coil Resistance:0,51
Wicking Material: Cotton I assume

Strength:3mg
Blend:60/40
Price: R150 per 30ml (R5 per ML)

Website blurb: A blend of mixed citrus fruits and sweet sorbet coated with a light touch of cool mint, all perfectly balanced, to create a refreshingly cool all day vape.

A must try for all citrus lovers. This Blend has a 2 tier layered flavour profile.

On any given coil, you can change the flavour profile by varying the Watts / Joules allowing you to vary the taste profile to suite your individual requirements.

Lowering the Watts / Joules produces a stronger citrus flavour from inhale across to exhale. As you raise the temperature so the citrus will move to the back and the sorbet flavour will come through stronger.

The subtle cool mint emerges on the exhale to leave you with a cool refreshing palate

Reviewer Notes: I was all geared up to hate this juice because I have not been lucky in finding a citrus juice that my fussy palate likes… normally I would have discarded a new juice after a few puffs because it’s quite different to my normal juices but Doug gave me a call and chatted to me about his juice and I so wanted to love the juice I gave it a full go over a few days…

I’m glad I did because this juice has grown on me day by day… also changing the power of the mod certainly does change the vape… I vaped the juice from 20 watts to 35 watts and found my happy place at 30 watts because the sorbet was coming through really well… there is no doubt that this is a citrus juice and if you like citrus then you will take to this juice…

I have found myself vaping the juice in between my old favourites for something different… I feel this juice has had a lot of effort and love put into it and it shows.

I plan to put this juice into the Crius or Bellus on the next refill and try it some more at higher power.

I look forward to seeing and tasting some more flavours from this new Juice Vendor in the future!

Similar to: Nothing I have tasted.

Avoid if: You don’t like Citrus or Mint

@Rob thank you for taking the time to review this juice and for your open and honest opinion

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Oom you going to love this one , very similar to synfonya coffee.
IMO could do with an extra flavor shot of coffee but taste is subjective as always

Busy with it as we speak... Yip I hear you on an extra shot of coffee but I think they are going for an ADV and strong coffee can't really be an ADV... and as you say taste is subjective... will give it a full test over the next few days!

And remember Synfonya... that was actually a pretty good coffee! I had forgotten about that one!

The emphasis is also on a creamy latte, not a straight coffee...so on the scale of coffee strength this will be right at the bottom of the scale

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tested the Hazelnut latte today I will let @Rob do what i'm sure will be a more thorough review on it but
what I will say is that in my opinion the Flavours are very well balanced

I tried the citrus mint sorbet and wow it was awesome

Busy with it as we speak... Yip I hear you on an extra shot of coffee but I think they are going for an ADV and strong coffee can't really be an ADV... and as you say taste is subjective... will give it a full test over the next few days!

And remember Synfonya... that was actually a pretty good coffee! I had forgotten about that one!
So Oom @Rob Fisher, have you perhaps completed this review? Have it in my cart and not sure if I should check out or not. :)

I had the opportunity to try it with the vendor's setup. He showed me how the flavours change with change in wattage. Really nom nom juice that!

20160405_074203[1].jpg

I recently purchased a sample pack of all 5 flavours and I would just like to give some initial
impressions on each one:

Hazelnut Latte:
I haven't tried a lot of coffee vapes yet I recall only trying the twisp latte in my dark days
and all I can say is this kicks the twisp flavour in the dirt. Its not too strong so as to dry out my taste buds
and also has a nice sweet and milky aftertaste. This kicks ass!!! Faith in coffee vapes restored.

Blueberry Pavlova:
What I love about this juice is the variance in flavour as you vary the wattage. For me on
the Cleito I can get a nice meringue type taste around 40W and a sweet berry taste around 55W.
This one will def be purchased by me love it.

Citrus Mint Sorbet:
As with the above juice I get the same taste variance ranging from citrussy to sweet sorbet.
I found my sweet spot on the Cubis at around 28 watts giving me more sorbet than citrus.
I must admit at first i got a bit of a dishwash liquid taste but you need to allow the flavour
to come through properly and then it really tastes nice. Will also buy this one.

Decadent Dark Chocolate:

At first I though this will be a risky one as I was disappointed in all chocolate vapes thus far because of it being
either too dry or too sweet and not tasting chocolate at all. They pulled it off however and I get a proper chocolate
taste reminiscent of the 85 percent Lindt chocolate. Definitely a post dinner treat for me more than an ADV.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie:
All I got at the start was just a chocolate taste because I didn't read the description yet, however when upping the
wattage I started getting that oozing brownie taste that lingers in the mouth after an exhale that can only be described as
decadent. Also an after dinner treat for me maybe with some vanilla ice cream.

I am personally really impressed with these juices and very happy that I gave them a try all of
them are winners in their own regard depending on what you feel like on the day, the flavours do
match their descriptions.

Blends of Distinction Review: Zesty Berry

CI4544-Blends-Product-ZB.png

So I was given a bottle of this for review by Doug from @Blends Of Distinction . Many thanks for the oppurtunity.

I received the bottle on Friday and was planning to vape over the weekend and do the review on Sunday evening but I have a bit of a problem - My bottle is finished. Time to find out why...

Setup used:
Estoc tank and ceramic coils
Cthulhu MTL with 0.85 clapton coil and cotton bacon V2.
Nic: 0mg modified to 1.5mg
TH: moderate

Website Blurb:
Escape to paradise with our new Zesty Berry flavour.
Treat yourself to a medley of assorted berries blended with a refreshing lemonade topped off with a dash of citrus.
Lower the wattage to unleash the zesty flavor or increase for a scrumptious pop of berries.
This is a 70VG/30PG based mix

My findings:

I am very familiar with Berry Lemonade vapes by now. Whether it is strawberry lemonade or Raspberry lemonade. However when Doug told me about this juice I knew there must be something different about this one. Blends of Distinction are known by now for having juices that are very complex, and bring out different profiles to the fore as you vary the wattage of your device.

I primed a new coil after adding my nic and started vaping at 20W to break the coil in. What I got was a very rind-like lemon taste which is more authentic than a lot of the sunlight dishwashing liquid type lemons out there.

As I upped the wattage the taste of a medley of berries became much more pronounced, peaking at a beautiful sweet taste of berries on the inhale, offsetted by a tangy, tart-like exhale which refreshes the pallet at about 35W. I found my sweet spot on the ceramic coils to be at about 33W for the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. Man this juice is good! It has ADV written all over it because it is complex and nothing overpowers, it just refreshes.

I also popped some in my MTL RTA and the flavour is vibrant enough for a good MTL vape as well. I also noticed that the clouds are pretty decent at 70/30 vg/pg ofcourse, and the TH is very smooth with a bit of a tickle when chain vaping.

Overall I had a great time vaping this juice and it also smells very nice to the folks around me. Have to say I am very impressed how they have taken this flavour profile to a new level. Its just so tasty and addictive!

I also read that the lemon doesnt taint the tank like others. So I dry burnt the coil of my RTA, rewicked and filled the tank with a menthol juice. No problems whatsoever with any lemon aftertastes.

If you like berries, lemonade or any sort of fruity and tarty vapes this should really be a go to juice for you. I highly recommend this juice and am currently very depressed that my bottle is finished. I will be ordering this for sure come month end. This is a winner

Blends of Distinction Review: Zesty Berry

View attachment 80911

So I was given a bottle of this for review by Doug from @Blends Of Distinction . Many thanks for the oppurtunity.

I received the bottle on Friday and was planning to vape over the weekend and do the review on Sunday evening but I have a bit of a problem - My bottle is finished. Time to find out why...

Setup used:
Estoc tank and ceramic coils
Cthulhu MTL with 0.85 clapton coil and cotton bacon V2.
Nic: 0mg modified to 1.5mg
TH: moderate

Website Blurb:
Treat yourself to a medley of assorted berries blended with a refreshing lemonade topped off with a dash of citrus.
Lower the wattage to unleash the zesty flavor or increase for a scrumptious pop of berries.
This is a 70VG/30PG based mix

My findings:

I am very familiar with Berry Lemonade vapes by now. Whether it is strawberry lemonade or Raspberry lemonade. However when Doug told me about this juice I knew there must be something different about this one. Blends of Distinction are known by now for having juices that are very complex, and bring out different profiles to the fore as you very the wattage of your device.

I primed a new coil after adding my nic and started vaping at 20W to break the coil in. What I got was a very rind-like lemon taste which is more authentic than a lot of the sunlight dishwashing liquid type lemons out there.

As I upped the wattage the taste of a medley of berries became much more pronounced, peaking at a beautiful sweet taste of berries on the inhale, offsetted by a tangy, tart-like exhale which refreshes the pallet at about 35W. I found my sweet spot on the ceramic coils to be at about 33W for the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. Man this juice is good! It has ADV written all over it because it is complex and nothing overpowers, it just refreshes.

I also popped some in my MTL RTA and the flavour is vibrant enough for a good MTL vape as well. I also noticed that the clouds are pretty decent at 70/30 vg/pg ofcourse, and the TH is very smooth with a bit of a tickle when chain vaping.

Overall I had a great time vaping this juice and it also smells very nice to the folks around me. Have to say I am very impressed how they have taken this flavour profile to a new level. Its just so tasty and addictive!

I also read that the lemon doesnt taint the tank like others. So I dry burnt the coil of my RTA, rewicked and filled the tank with a menthol juice. No problems whatsoever with any lemon aftertastes.

If you like berries, lemonade or any sort of fruity and tarty vapes this should really be a go to juice for you. I highly recommend this juice and am currentlt very depressed that my bottle is finished. I will be ordering this for sure come month end. This is a winner
Thanks @Schnappie ! Im going to have to try some of this!!!

Btw @Stosta this cthulhu I used to also test the juice is driving me nuts. Cant handle the niggly juice flow control

Thanks for the review @Schnappie
Sounds super!

Thank you for the honest review schnappie

Last edited by a moderator:
Company: Blends of Disctinction

Product Name: Zesty Berry

Product Image:

I would have put a pic of my own but sadly it is finished (and I got the label a bit juicy by mistake). So here is a generic one:

81011-7f31c104aed339f1939448307add78aa.jpg

Reviewer: @GMacDiggity

Mod: Hohm Slice & eLeaf Pico 75w

Atomiser: Recoil RDA (Flavour cap), Petri v2, Serpent Mini 25, Serpent Mini 22

Coils: Varied (didn't note these down but in order of above I would say: 0.17 (SS Fused Clapton), 0.23 (Compressed SS Round wire), 0.46 (Spaced 24g SS), 0.6(Spaced 26g SS)) (Ish)

Wicking Material: The Cotton Candy Collection (The one from @Throat Punch ) and some Cotton Bacon v2 at times

Strength: 3 mg
Blend: 70:30
Price: R150 for 30 ml, R375 for 100 ml

Website blurb:
Lower the wattage to unleash the zesty flavour or increase for a scrumptious pop of berries.
From <http://www.blends-sa.co.za/zesty-berry/>

Reviewer Notes:

- Preamble: Doug (@Blends Of Distinction ) was kind enough to deliver a bottle of this to me for review. When delivering we had a chat about the juice etc and the one point he drove home was that he only wants an impartial review so here we go…

I have tried one local lemonade ejuice before and it tasted like harsh dishwashing liquid so safe to say I was not expecting much. I did not realise this was a lemonade vape until after accepting the offer to give my opinion. I was feeling pretty bad that I would need to give a bad review on this one but luckily this stuff is f$%#ing delicious!!

This is a light yellow juice with a complex fruity smell (minimal lemon in the smell). Very kind to coils, my cotton lasted much longer than average for commercial juices.

The vape is well balanced and flavours all play very well together. The inhale is a juicy berry/fruit taste with lemon freshness in there the exhale follows this up with pronouncing the flavour even more. this is the area I found changed depending on wattage, it is possible to get a fresh and authentic lemon flavour backed up by fresh fruits and berries or if you so choose to move the lemon to the background and hero the berries and fruits.

The lemon flavour in here is authentic but still does at times tend toward a marginal creamy lemon, but it is not even close or in the same realm as the ones that taste like kitchen cleaner. It’s a really great lemon/lemonade!! One of a very short list of lemon vapes I have enjoyed (the other being a popular lemon biscuit vape, but only one of the hundred out there)

Although this is designated as a berry vape there is a much more complex authentic fruit blend in here than simple berries, to think of this juice merely as lemonade with berries would be very wrong. The fruit in here is complex and moreish. I get a different fruit popping into my mind with ever few pulls but nothing that can be placed, it’s an authentic complex berry centric fruit flavour with great depth of flavour.

I have not found another fruity ejuice with the complexity, authenticity of flavour and balance of this juice. You can really taste the time and effort put into this.

The above is an amalgamation of my experiences over the atomizers listed above, the taste is stable across all devices. I do however like this in the Serpents (Any good RTA will do) as I feel it is slightly more suited to that style of vape, but I am sure it will be delicious in whatever floats your boat for making vapour.

I am new to the Blends brand so I've never tried the whole changing the flavour too much, almost every juice I've tried just has a sweet spot for tastiness (scientific term), very few have multiple depending on your mood. Every few hours I found myself having a fiddle with the wattage or temperature and find a new blend of flavour that suited me at the moment. It really is great how this juice moves from Lemon Berries to Berry Lemons in a noticeable and controllable way. Once dialled in it is very simple to adjust temp/wattage to get the flavour you desire.

To conclude/<TLDR>: this stuff is delicious. It’s a complex vape and moreish where the lemon and berry/fruit flavours are perfectly balanced and authentic, it is great to change the taste to suit the time. I will without doubt be getting more of this (and having a good dabble in the rest of their range, I hear the Peanut Brittle and Hazelnut Latte are really quite delicious also). I will post my thoughts on those also if I do get em (will try keep it more concise though!). If you enjoy a good fruit vape I suggest picking up a bottle of this!

- ADV-ness: Very much an all day vape. The changing profile and depth of flavour really makes it a winner for this. It is still light enough to never overwhelm you.

- Off flavours: None noted.

- Throat Hit: Strangely this varied from quite a strong tickle in the back of the throat to silky smooth. It was generally really smooth but every now and then I would get a sneaky throat hit for a few pulls. Not a dealbreaker by any means, just peculiar and very surprising when it gets you (not great in the morning). The vast majority of the time was smooth with zero throat hit, so not a big issue. (Checked my wicking coils etc, nothing to do with that)

Similar to: Nothing I have tried (But probably similar to other lemonade vapes that are light on the lemon, but I've not tried those)

Avoid if: You loathe fruit vapes (Some may find the lemon a deal breaker but it is not the same lemon as others seem to use)

Nom scale: Very Nom

Great review @GMacDiggity
I like the way you went into detail about what you were tasting
Thank you
I need to buy this

Welcome to my first review on the forum. I've tried to keep it fairly short (I personally will skip most text walls I face *shrug*) without missing the good stuff.

For the purposes of this (unbiased) review, I was given a bottle each of
Zesty Berry (0mg, 70/30) "Get in beach-mode with our bountiful harvest of plump summer berries drenched in an icy lemonade tang."
and
Orange Punch (0mg, 70/30) "Supercharge your mood with a medley of juicy ripe oranges and assorted fruit swirling in a shot of chilled lemonade".

from Doug @Blends Of Distinction .

I'll start with the technical side then move onto a review of each, with a tl;dr of "Would I buy it with my own cold, hard cash" for each flavour, 'cuz let's be real, that's what you're here for ;)

Devices: VGOD Pro 150, Minikin V2
The VGOD usually run at 45-55W, the Minikin slightly lower, usually 35-45W

Tanks: Recoil RDA, Vaporesso Transformer RDA, Dotmod Petri 22 RTA, Avocado RDTA. I found that the Recoil and the Petri took centre stage here, with the Avo being used the least.

Coils: UD Alien Coils, 26GA, 32GA KAI, 2.5mm, 0.15ohm, various simpler coils.

Cotton Bacon V2

Zesty Berry:
CI4544-Blends-Product-ZB-300x300.png

From my first puff, I fell in love with this juice. No, not like that, let's not make this weird, I fell in love with it in a much purer way. It's playful and satisfying, and the flavours are delicate and balanced, with each note coming through distinctly if you really concentrate. But (and this is a big but here) that is not to say it's missing that all-important "kick" of flavour, mostly a massive hit of lemon and lime and raspberry. This juice really shone flavour-wise in the Recoil, offered some impressive clouds in the Transformer, and was slightly more subdued in the Petri, although that obviously depends on the build. As with all Blends juices, Zesty Berry claims different effects based on variable wattages. Although skeptical at first, the difference is almost undeniable, more citrus (Zest) at a lower wattage and more Berry at a higher wattage, something I find myself playing with often, although I usually lean to the berry if you know what I'm saying.

This is definitely a juice I can and will vape all day, whether I'm driving, working or relaxing.

Would I buy it with my own cold, hard cash? Yes. In fact while writing this I did in fact buy another bottle. I enjoyed it so much I finished my 'review juice' before I got to the 'review' part, unfortunately before I got to the 'payday' part as well. Although to be fair, R150 for a 30ml and R375 for 100ml is what I'd consider a sale price.

Orange Punch:
CI4544-Blends-Product-PO.png

As much as I'd like to rave similarly about the Orange Punch, I really can't, it wasn't my favourite. This is not to say I didn't like it, just that I couldn't vape it all day. Although the flavour intensity is on point, the nuances don't come across nearly as well, as the orange is very strong. This is most likely due to my RDA preference, which is where the Petri really came into play. The orange became more of an overtone, and a more lemon-ey, fruity undertone came out. In the interest of a second opinion, I let a significant other test the juice and they loved it. If you love citrus vapes, like Element's Fresh Squeeze, I'd highly recommend it.

Would I buy it with my own cold, hard cash? Possibly, but probably not for myself.

@SparMan
Thank you for taking the time to review our product and for the honest reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back