Books on the nightstand - What are you currently reading?

I was lucky enough to buy 14 crime novels (various authors) at only R10 each, from someone who is emigrating. Let the crimes begin!!

Utter rubbish. I will never buy a book written by Jodi Picoult again. Fiction must at least be realistic but after about 30 pages I delegated this book to the "Donate to SPCA Shop" pile.

The story is of a woman who was one of only about survivors of a plan crash - an emergency landing at an airport. After a night in hospital under observation she was free to go home. The airline offered her a free ticket to wherever she wanted to go. Instead of going home to her husband and children, she took a flight to Egypt where she had been an archeological student 15 years ago.

After being there for three days, she thought that she really should call her family to tell them where she is.

Oh, come on! You've been in a plane crash, you don't go home and neither do you tell your family where you are???? That stretches the bounds of reality!!

Two Ways? No ways!!

The Book of Two Ways.jpg

When Breath becomes Air_front.jpg When Breath becomes Air_back.jpg

An excellent read. A true story of a neurosurgeon who, nearing the end of his 7-year residency, discovers that he has cancer.

Been on audible.com since 2000. Currently re-listening to the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn

Oscar Pistorius.jpg

This is a very interesting book from the perspective of Patricia Taylor, whose daughter dated Oscar before he started dating Reeva.

I've often wondered whether Oscar knew that Reeva was in the bathroom. Perhaps he really didn't? However, after reading this book and now knowing more about him, his personality and his behaviour, I no longer have any doubts that he knew he was shooting Reeva.

If things are not getting too hectic at work, this should keep me busy over the next few weeks.

20211218_103413.jpg

Finished this last week

Sitting on my desk in my home office

451853520961179215.jpg

42264409._SY475_.jpg

I'm a sucker for Matthew Reilly books. His writing is very fast paced and I generally finish one of his books in around 2 or 3 days. Very good read if you like action packed storytelling. The Jack West novels (starting with "The Seven Ancient Wonders") has an action packed Indiana Jones vibe.

Back