Boxer rader

Been using mine for a full week and very impressed. Apart from Power feeling a little less than other mods at same wattage. (not a big deal really)

This mod is durable, light and super convenient to carry around. Extremely happy with the value for money aspect of this buy.

Need some help with setting the preheat function though. If i scroll to it in the menu and set a temp, It is the same temp as my Power mode, is the preheat a predefined amount set by the mod or can one adjust it?

Been using mine for a full week and very impressed. Apart from Power feeling a little less than other mods at same wattage. (not a big deal really)

This mod is durable, light and super convenient to carry around. Extremely happy with the value for money aspect of this buy.

Need some help with setting the preheat function though. If i scroll to it in the menu and set a temp, It is the same temp as my Power mode, is the preheat a predefined amount set by the mod or can one adjust it?
Yeah the chip is not very efficient.
Go to C1. There you can adjust wattage based on main wattage setting as reference in time increments. Not sure if that helps.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Just a question to you guys with the Boxer, I seem to be having an issue with my mod, the screen flickers like you guys have mentioned, but now tonight for some reason the screen was red hot to the touch and smelt like plastic. The screen wouldn't turn on and the part of the mod between the fire button and the screen was the hottest area. A battery pull sorted it out.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Keep in mind it was not in use, it was sitting on my table while i was eating my dinner, 10min later when i grabbed it i felt the heat.

Hey guys,

Just a question to you guys with the Boxer, I seem to be having an issue with my mod, the screen flickers like you guys have mentioned, but now tonight for some reason the screen was red hot to the touch and smelt like plastic. The screen wouldn't turn on and the part of the mod between the fire button and the screen was the hottest area. A battery pull sorted it out.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Keep in mind it was not in use, it was sitting on my table while i was eating my dinner, 10min later when i grabbed it i felt the heat.
Thats worrying. Only happened once?
I would have a chat to the vendor and see what they say. Mine has not done that yet

Thats worrying. Only happened once?
I would have a chat to the vendor and see what they say. Mine has not done that yet
The screen going wonky has happened twice, but the heating up issue has only happened once.

I am not using the mod now as i do not want it to go super nova and catch alight.

Will contact the vendor during the course of today, will update on what happens.

The screen going wonky has happened twice, but the heating up issue has only happened once.

I am not using the mod now as i do not want it to go super nova and catch alight.

Will contact the vendor during the course of today, will update on what happens.
ok thanks dude. I must say I have started taking the batteries out of my mods at night now. just to be safe :)

So unfortunately I've had to send my Rader to be looked at. Whole siver 510 area came off while unscrewing an atty. Will here back soon. Still a great mod and cant wait to get mine back.

So unfortunately I've had to send my Rader to be looked at. Whole siver 510 area came off while unscrewing an atty. Will here back soon. Still a great mod and cant wait to get mine back.
I had a weird problem where my fully charged batteries suddenly jus went dead dead in the rader. At home put them on charge they were at 1%. Like they drained completely. But I love love my rader reliable and so light and clean

So i finally managed to send my Rader in, apparently the wires inside were faulty causing a short of sorts. The vendor swapped out my mod for a new one.

So good news is that i got it replaced and was said to be working as normal.
Bad news is within 2 days i had the screen heating problem happen twice.

This can mean one of two things:
  1. This mods wiring is also faulty and is suffering the same problem (Highly Unlikely)
  2. This is just a boxer thing and seems extremely dangerous for the batteries, as the heating up means it's constantly discharging
I'm thinking of just opening it up myself and having a look, because it costs R150 to send back to the vendor each time, even if i'm not to blame. if i send it back again that's R300 down the drain....

Will update on my findings if i decide to have a peek inside.

Last edited:
So i finally managed to send my Rader in, apparently the wires inside were faulty causing a short of sorts. The vendor swapped out my mod for a new one.

So good news is that i got it replaced and was said to be working as normal.
Bad news is within 2 days i had the screen heating problem again.

This can mean one of two things:
  1. This mods wiring is also faulty and is suffering the same problem (Highly Unlikely)
  2. This is just a boxer thing and seems extremely dangerous for the batteries, as the heating up means it's constantly discharging
I'm thinking of just opening it up myself and having a look, because it costs R150 to send back to the vendor each time, even if i'm not to blame. if i send it back again that's R300 down the drain....

Will update on my findings if i decide to have a peek inside.
I personally think that at a certain point the vendor has to carry the cost of this.

In my experience most vendors cover the shipping of faulty products, so if they aren't willing to play ball with you after a second failure, I would be misplacing my faeces all over the place if I found myself in your position.

I personally think that at a certain point the vendor has to carry the cost of this.

In my experience most vendors cover the shipping of faulty products, so if they aren't willing to play ball with you after a second failure, I would be misplacing my faeces all over the place if I found myself in your position.
I tend to not buy from vendors where I incur costs on faulty products.
That part of the service cycle is extremely important to me.

Sorry to hear about the Boxer troubles @Jebula999
I had issues with my 510 assembly coming out on day one. I immediately lost faith in the product and was a little bit disappointed that I had to cover the return shipping but at least I managed to negotiate a refund. School fees I suppose

I have not sent it in a second time, and probably won't. Took just over a week till i heard back from the 1st email before i sent it to them. And i sent them another email last week explaining it has happened again, still awaiting a response.

They do state in their T's and C's that they only refund if it is due to their own fault. I'm guessing selling a faulty product doesn't fall under that category :/

But what's done is done, I like this mod too much to just sell it off or turn it into a paperweight. So i will try what i can to get it working as it should.

I have not sent it in a second time, and probably won't. Took just over a week till i heard back from the 1st email before i sent it to them. And i sent them another email last week explaining it has happened again, still awaiting a response.

They do state in their T's and C's that they only refund if it is due to their own fault. I'm guessing selling a faulty product doesn't fall under that category :/

But what's done is done, I like this mod too much to just sell it off or turn it into a paperweight. So i will try what i can to get it working as it should.
I know that feeling, sometimes it's not worth getting yourself bent out of shape.

I hope the tinkering goes well, just be safe!

Hi All

Just my 2c re the overheating:

I've only experienced the overheating and screen blank issue when I had the rubber sleeve on. And with hindsight it kinda makes sense because it covers the battery venting slots. Since chucking the sleeve, I haven't experienced the issue again.

So an update from my side.

Been using the mod for a few months now as my main device.

The blank screen and overheat happens once a week or once every two weeks. So does not happen nearly as often as it did before.

I do not use the sleeve it came with and use all different makes of batteries.

The mod has not been bad, and the screen/overheat issue is simple to fix/resolve with a quick battery pull.

Oh hi. Can I be part of the crew? :p
TQS19QM.jpg

What a lekker mod! Super super light. I really like the feel of the device.
I love the fact that I can lock the wattage (missed that on the Alien).
So far I'm quite the happy camper!
I've used one of these. It's such an awesome light weight device. I love it the form factor is also really nice and it fits in the hand so well

Back