BVC MTaLiens

Dela Rey Steyn

Random Internet Weirdo
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
It was the year 2021, in the month of Feb,
when a man in a red suite, through the Forum tread.
He changed his name from Santa to @charln , to share all his spoils
he blessed a few members with spectacular coils!

Just creating a thread to consolidate all the feedback from the various Forum members that received samples of the new BVC MTaLiens.

Last edited:
It was the year 2021, in the month of Feb, when a man in a red suite, through the Forum tread. He changed his name from Santa to @charln , to share all his spoils - he blessed a few members with spectacular coils!

Just creating a thread to consolidate all the feedback from the various Forum members that received samples of the new BVC MTaLiens.
Wish Santa had delivered them, mine stuck in Germany (adverse weather conditions, shipment on hold) but it's just ramping up the anticipation!!!!!

I was fortunate enough to receive some of these coils for testing and feedback. I really wish my phone could do macro shots, as none of the pics I have taken do these coils any justice. (I'm uploading them anyway)

I use different coils for different juices, as they add to the flavour that I want to get from each juice.

If I'm vaping high nic Tobacco's (12-18mg) I like to use simple round wire coils of either SS316L or Kanthal as they give an earthy pop to the flavour and a satisfying throat hit, a crisp sharp flavour.

For lower nic (9-12mg) tobacco and dessert profiles I like to use MTL aliens as they provide a rich warm vape, that lifts out the bakery notes.

For fruity flavours you can never go wrong with Ni80 Vandy Vape MTL Clapton coils. They make the juicy flavours rich and fresh.

I have never used a single type of coil for all three types.

But this is what I'm going to attempt now with these MTaLiens supplied by @charln, and I'll share my experience with each one here, as I go along.

First up is the dessert/tobacco 12mg juices. For this I've started up the Intake MTL Atty. It is a great MTL Atty for these types of flavours.
IMG_20210212_101949.jpg IMG_20210212_102502.jpg IMG_20210212_102139.jpg IMG_20210212_103208.jpg IMG_20210212_100934.jpg IMG_20210212_100905.jpg IMG_20210212_101132.jpg

I threw mine in a Siren 2 22mm MTL RTA which I know and use most amongst all other RTAs and used it with Pur Blue which is a juice that I know very well in order to make an objective opinion. I've been using it for 3 consecutive days. In all honesty it is one of the best MTL coils I tried. I'm getting new flavour notes on the juice and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
20210206_173033.jpg 20210206_173045.jpg

I threw mine in a Siren 2 22mm MTL RTA which I know and use most amongst all other RTAs and used it with Pur Blue which is a juice that I know very well in order to make an objective opinion. I've been using it for 3 consecutive days. In all honesty it is one of the best MTL coils I tried. I'm getting new flavour notes on the juice and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
View attachment 222288 View attachment 222289

I was torn between the Intake, Rose and the Siren. I've been using the Intake more and more lately, so I settled on it. But will definitely throw one in the Siren then as well, as it is one of the best MTL tanks around IMHO. The flavour of these coils so far is unreal. Nice rich warm dense flavour, it has switched the Intake from 1080p to 4k instantly.

Thanks for creating this thread @Dela Rey Steyn , I will be throwing mine in the Ether tonight and will post my comments here.
I can't wait, seems everyone is super impressed with these and yes, they look way more amazing than phone cameras can show.

I can only go on the flavor of this coil as I dont use MTL for the throat hit and higher nics. I still use 70/30, 3 to 6mg in my MTL RTA's.

After fine tuning the Expro V4 to the right coil (for me) I have gone through pre-wrapped MTL Fused Claptons (Vandy Vape, White Collar and Kamikaze), self wrapped Super Fine MTL Fused claptons, KA1, SS316L, Ni80 and Comp Wire. For me up to and before installing the MTAlien the Comp Wire was the winner of the tried and tested coils.

Needless to say I was sceptical if this MTAlien was going to rate anywhere close to the coils I use and like. But I installed it with an open mind and started the journey from there.

First 5 hits the coil still took a bit of settling in and it did not seem to be any better than the ones I have tried before and did not like. With a bit of snap crackle and pop action too (as I like a quiet vape) I was on my way to start wrapping a new comp wire coil. But then this MTAlien hit the clutch hard, dropped a gear and spun away like Vin Diesel could just wish to drive a Hemi....

0mg!!!!!!! The flavor just popped!!!!

After a few day's use the crackling has subsided (but is still there ever so slightly), but it can be expected changing from round wire to an alien with the increased surface area of the coil. So the trade off is a bit more noise for a lot of damn good flavor!

Is it a coil every MTL rebuilder should try? Yes it is! Will everyone rate it highly? Most likely not... but for me it is a winner so far. Now I just need to see how long it will go before having to be replaced. When that time comes, it will most likely be with a new MTAlien.

@charln can be proud of this creation!

The only mtl coil I've been using since August last year! This coil is just superb! The different notes you get on complex juices is just superb! I've been running 1 in my dotshell for close to 4 months and it's still peoducing oodles of flavour, and thats brilliant because I've vape close to 50mls of tobacco juice through it. As everyone who knows me already knows, if you ask for coil suggestions from me, BVC all the way! IMG_20210211_200727.jpg IMG_20200911_231523.jpg IMG_20200802_173951.jpg

The only mtl coil I've been using since August last year! This coil is just superb! The different notes you get on complex juices is just superb! I've been running 1 in my dotshell for close to 4 months and it's still peoducing oodles of flavour, and thats brilliant because I've vape close to 50mls of tobacco juice through it. As everyone who knows me already knows, if you ask for coil suggestions from me, BVC all the way! View attachment 222360 View attachment 222361 View attachment 222362
Then that answers my question on life span. I threw in trinity ice into my expromizer with this alien and I indeed tasted notes I havent before. Will do some desserty tobacco next and see how it holds up after a few tanks.

The only thing that confuses me is why they are called BVC coils, in the past BVC has been used when a stock coil has a vertical coil installed?

Bearded Viking Customs
Yes i know they are referred to as BVC coils on the website which confuses me as mentioned in my last post, BVC stands for bottom vertical coil at least that's what i always thought it stood for!

Yes i know they are referred to as BVC coils on the website which confuses me as mentioned in my last post, BVC stands for bottom vertical coil at least that's what i always thought it stood for!
I guess it's just a coincidence. It's like GT, I have 3 friends whose business name is GT:
Goliath Tackle
Goliath Training
Great-North Transport

I guess it's just a coincidence. It's like GT, I have 3 friends whose business name is GT:
Goliath Tackle
Goliath Training
Great-North Transport

and there is even another coil range, like the BVC's and the BVC's, that are GT's... coincidence... I Think Not!!!!

I haven't gotten around to building the MTAlien yet, but I did pop the 3mm Hybrids that @charln sent into my Aromamizer V2. Currently running a sample of Krush'd Lemango and I am duly impressed. Smooth, sharp and oodles of flavour, the build came to within .01 of what the packaging says and running brilliantly at around 3.6V on the Zenith.

Oh look at you all with your high end tanks..
So I made a slight detour on my way to my Valentines date, the Fiancee very lovingly obliged, and I'm so happy that I did.. I recently traded a very nice tank with @DarthBranMuffin
And have been waiting for the right coils to take it for a spin

I used a flavour that I was familiar with and have tried in a few tanks and different coils because j wanted to see the significant difference

I used Caramel Milk by TKO, 3mg, the flavour previously seemed quite straight forward, caramel with milk undertones.. not hugely complex but it's a flavour I liked..

with the BVC no 42 coils it brought out a whole new batch of tastes.. creamy textures, almost had a coffeeish vibe about it, the flavour was almost too intense.. I switched to duel battery device to give it a bit more kick, the coils crackled happily and gave me a smooth draw and powerful evolving flavours..

Alot of time and energy was taken to attain the best materials to make the coils.. the coils were also very soft and pliable.. when I use nichrome coils they are generally quite rigid and hard to cut.. you can really feel the hand made attention to detail that a machine simply can't produce.. can't wait to get my hands on the hybrids
Big shout out to @charln you are a gentlemen and a master at your craft and I have no doubt that you will be successful in this venture..

20210215_112409.jpg20210215_112409.jpg 20210215_105903.jpg 20210215_150310.jpg

Sjo... Al this is making my taste buds water .. Can't wait to place my order for the MTAlien.
Haven't dialed my Beserker V2 in to date and my wish just might come true.
When is the launch date??

BVC for the win!! I popped in a BVC 2.5mm hybrid alien into my OG Dvarw DL, at the moment I'm vaping a fruity juice with some ice, the flavour that I'm getting is amazing, quite intense to be more accurate.. the draw is also really smooth.. Overall my opinion is that you won't go wrong with these coils. NB. I did switch my airflow to one size smaller after the build
IMG-20210214-WA0022.jpg

Another quick update:
My wife loves her top airflow atties (no leaking in the handbag) and has a slew of Serpent Elevates and Kylin Mini V2s.
I popped one of the BVC #42 (3mm) coils in her Kylin Mini and she immediately said her (courtesy of @ivc_mixer ) Cafe Latte tasted more intense than with the previous Wotofo Aliens. It only just fit (the deck on the Kylin is WIIIIDE), so could probably do with another wrap, but I didn't want to screw with @charln 's creation. Looks like another winner here.

I have a choice to make today, so let's see some community input.
I can either rebuild my Ether in MTL mode with the new BVC MTAlien, or do something completely new and pop in one of the custom made DL samples that Charl created for the Ether. What would you guys like to see?

Another quick update:
My wife loves her top airflow atties (no leaking in the handbag) and has a slew of Serpent Elevates and Kylin Mini V2s.
I popped one of the BVC #42 (3mm) coils in her Kylin Mini and she immediately said her (courtesy of @ivc_mixer ) Cafe Latte tasted more intense than with the previous Wotofo Aliens. It only just fit (the deck on the Kylin is WIIIIDE), so could probably do with another wrap, but I didn't want to screw with @charln 's creation. Looks like another winner here.

I have a choice to make today, so let's see some community input.
I can either rebuild my Ether in MTL mode with the new BVC MTAlien, or do something completely new and pop in one of the custom made DL samples that Charl created for the Ether. What would you guys like to see?

Hi it would be amazing to see what you think of the custom made RDL coil made by @charln as I am struggling to find a coil that I enjoy in my Ether when in RDL mode and would help me by along shot as one of my ethers are just laying around as the mtl insert keeps popping out so I can only use it in RDL mode but not enjoying it with the current coils I've tried in it

Hi it would be amazing to see what you think of the custom made RDL coil made by @charln as I am struggling to find a coil that I enjoy in my Ether when in RDL mode and would help me by along shot as one of my ethers are just laying around as the mtl insert keeps popping out so I can only use it in RDL mode but not enjoying it with the current coils I've tried in it
RDL coils it is!

Back