Calling all DIY'ers

I have no clue why your getting a perfumey taste from UM. Are you subbing any ingredients?

Me too, it's weird because it smells amazing.
All proper ingredients, mixed by weight using the e-liquid-recipies adapted recipe for 2mg Nic, 70/30 VG/PG and 300ml total. I had a bit of a batch that was about 5 months old left that became unvapable it was so sweet.

It would be nice to actually compare it to . Maybe my pallet prefers the less sweet flavours?

Here's my adapted recipe (the URL looks similar): http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/752666/INTERNAL LEAK OF CUTWOOK UNICORN MILK

Me too, it's weird because it smells amazing.
All proper ingredients, mixed by weight using the e-liquid-recipies adapted recipe for 2mg Nic, 70/30 VG/PG and 300ml total. I had a bit of a batch that was about 5 months old left that became unvapable it was so sweet.

It would be nice to actually compare it to . Maybe my pallet prefers the less sweet flavours?

Here's my adapted recipe (the URL looks similar): http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/752666/INTERNAL LEAK OF CUTWOOK UNICORN MILK

It very strange, all the UM I have made tends to mellow out on the sweetness and strawberry as it ages. It might just be a case of your palate just not suiting the juice.
I can't handle any juice with lemon in it and I love Lemon Cream biscuits and Lemon Meringue. Tried Lemony Creams, tasted like sunlight yet it smells so GOOD!

EDIT: I can't open your link as the recipe is marked "private" :(

It's weird how sometimes a recipe just doesn't work. I mixed up one of Enyawreklaw's Strawberry Ice Cream Cone things (there are so many now, I can't remember which one) and it's not great. It's not perfume and I haven't ditched it, I'll vape it. But it's not something I'd be tempted to mix again. So now what went wrong? It's not my materials because I mixed up other juices during the same session using the same nic/VG/PG/flavours and they're all fine. I might have calculated the recipe wrong or misread something when adding ingredients but I don't think so. I guess it just doesn't work for me.

I must say, Mustard Milk does nothing for me either. It's OK but I'd rate it the same as the FA e-motions flavours like Labyrinth or Morning Sun: better and more interesting than a single flavour but doesn't live up to the hype on ELR. It's not that I'm indifferent to Strawberry either because Strawberry Cheesecake is the shizzle for me. So TFA Strawberry + VBIC = bleh, TFA Strawberry Ripe + Cheesecake GC = awesome sauce. Go figure.

In other news, I am smaaking FA 7 Leaves stukkend. Nothing else, just 7 Leaves. OMG, I am stoking this like a steam engine. I think the okes in the DIY Tobacco thread are going to see a lot of me now. I am getting back into the baccies big time.

EDIT: I can't open your link as the recipe is marked "private" :(

haha. It was me just editing nic content and total amount and stuff so I didn't think I should make it public.

I attached a screenshot.

I wonder if adding a potent fruit (e.g. apple, mandarin) would cut the sweetness and mix well with the creams? I'll try it with a little bit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 1.20.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 1.20.45 PM.png
    282 KB · Views: 46
TFA Strawberry + VBIC = bleh, TFA Strawberry Ripe + Cheesecake GC = awesome sauce.

What % do you mix these at? May just give it a try. We are probably floating on the same pallet... unlike Rose and Jack.

In other news, I am smaaking FA 7 Leaves stukkend. Nothing else, just 7 Leaves. OMG, I am stoking this like a steam engine. I think the okes in the DIY Tobacco thread are going to see a lot of me now. I am getting back into the baccies big time.
Welcome to the club. I had zero expectations of tobacco recipes when I started DIY, but they turned out to be the most rewarding.

Have not yet tried 7 Leaves as a single. What percentage did you use please? Any steeping?

I usually add 1 % FA Fresh Cream to the single tobacco flavours.

What % do you mix these at? May just give it a try. We are probably floating on the same pallet... unlike Rose and Jack.

I mixed them exactly as they can be found on this page. They are the Mustard Milk and Strawberry Cheesecake recipes in the "Recipes with 2 flavours" section.

@Andre, I did mine standalone at 2% with a one-month steep. Not because I had any intent to steep for so long but because I go through juice so slowly. It probably won't do anything for your palate, being accustomed as you are to complex tobacco recipes. But for me, coming off months of sugary-sweet desserts, fruits and creams/custards, it was refreshingly different.

@Andre, I did mine standalone at 2% with a one-month steep. Not because I had any intent to steep for so long but because I go through juice so slowly. It probably won't do anything for your palate, being accustomed as you are to complex tobacco recipes. But for me, coming off months of sugary-sweet desserts, fruits and creams/custards, it was refreshingly different.
Thanks, shall give it a go - like HIC's notes for it. Yeah, I have the same problem of juice production outstripping consumption by far. Have now slowed down to try and catch up.

They are the Mustard Milk and Strawberry Cheesecake recipes in the "Recipes with 2 flavours" section.

Thanks! It's in my cart. Will hopefully check out after pay day

Welcome to the club. I had zero expectations of tobacco recipes when I started DIY, but they turned out to be the most rewarding.

Have not yet tried 7 Leaves as a single. What percentage did you use please? Any steeping?

I usually add 1 % FA Fresh Cream to the single tobacco flavours.

I purposely avoided all tobacco's simply because I thought they would be too close to smoking too soon, or they would taste like crap.
Next up on the mixing table, I have your Tobacco Plum recipe and the Gold Ducat recipe - just need the Plum (always 1 concentrate right!?)

I purposely avoided all tobacco's simply because I thought they would be too close to smoking too soon, or they would taste like crap.
Next up on the mixing table, I have your Tobacco Plum recipe and the Gold Ducat recipe - just need the Plum (always 1 concentrate right!?)
Hope the tobaccos surprise you too. I am not a big fan of Gold Ducat, but probably in the minority. Love the Plum one. If you are in a hurry, you will find some stock of INW Smoked Plum here.

@NewOobY from this thread. I didnt want to post this in that Dessert thread .

I tried the Salted Caramel Popcorn
CLY Caramel Popcorn - 3%
FW Salted Caramel - 3.5%

First try was the popcorn @ 2% and it needed a bit more so I upped the popcorn to 3%.
This is not bad. It is quite salty and taste like salted caramel popcorn so I suppose its ok.

@NewOobY from this thread. I didnt want to post this in that Dessert thread .

I tried the Salted Caramel Popcorn
CLY Caramel Popcorn - 3%
FW Salted Caramel - 3.5%

First try was the popcorn @ 2% and it needed a bit more so I upped the popcorn to 3%.
This is not bad. It is quite salty and taste like salted caramel popcorn so I suppose its ok.
So do you think it is worth making it? Or was it just to weird?

It was fine. You might want to maybe reduce the salted caramel or add caramel for sweeter.
It wasn't bad. I will vape it but then again I think I will vape just about anything.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

like HIC's notes for it

Yeah, HIC remains my default reference. I was interested to hear on Enyawreklaw's last Live Mixing show that HIC might be a woman. I hadn't really thought about it before but it would be funny if the "he" that everyone has referred to up to now was indeed a "she". Wayne himself said he didn't know, he'd tried to contact HIC but had received no response. It's odd, I'd imagine HIC would want to speak to other mixers. He/she seems quite the mystery character.

Yeah, HIC remains my default reference. I was interested to hear on Enyawreklaw's last Live Mixing show that HIC might be a woman. I hadn't really thought about it before but it would be funny if the "he" that everyone has referred to up to now was indeed a "she". Wayne himself said he didn't know, he'd tried to contact HIC but had received no response. It's odd, I'd imagine HIC would want to speak to other mixers. He/she seems quite the mystery character.
Hehe, I have chatted to him via PM and referred to him as "him" and was not corrected, but one never knows.

HI Guys,

So as I have mentioned previously, I started my DYI journey not to long ago and decided to start out with a simple recipe of TFA strawberry and TFA vanilla bean ice cream. It has been steeping for a week and three days and I decided to crack one open and see what it tastes like. I was horribly disappointing, but I guess I shouldn't have expected too much from a two recipe juice. It was just flat and I couldn't taste the ice-cream at all.

So after feeling a bit down I decided to see if the bronuts I whipped up 4 days ago would be another let down, and man oh man, even after 4 days it tastes really nice. I was so chuffed that at least one of the recipes worked and I had not wasted all my time. I have definitely decided to let the juice steep the full two weeks and and hopefully have an awesome juice in two weeks time.

Hopefully Grey's recipe for the Unicorn milk would be the strawberry juice recipe I can also fit in my rotation as for now I am just testing out different flavors to see what I would enjoy.

Just thought I would share my experience with you guys.

HI Guys,

So as I have mentioned previously, I started my DYI journey not to long ago and decided to start out with a simple recipe of TFA strawberry and TFA vanilla bean ice cream. It has been steeping for a week and three days and I decided to crack one open and see what it tastes like. I was horribly disappointing, but I guess I shouldn't have expected too much from a two recipe juice. It was just flat and I couldn't taste the ice-cream at all.

So after feeling a bit down I decided to see if the bronuts I whipped up 4 days ago would be another let down, and man oh man, even after 4 days it tastes really nice. I was so chuffed that at least one of the recipes worked and I had not wasted all my time. I have definitely decided to let the juice steep the full two weeks and and hopefully have an awesome juice in two weeks time.

Hopefully Grey's recipe for the Unicorn milk would be the strawberry juice recipe I can also fit in my rotation as for now I am just testing out different flavors to see what I would enjoy.

Just thought I would share my experience with you guys.
Also try Bust-a-nut if you have the concentrates. Very yummy

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Back