Calling all DIY'ers

From what I have read, add 1% Dragonfruit to you normal mix.
I don't know if my dragonfruit was too old but when I tried 1% it changed the flavour a bit, at 1% I liked it without d/fruit. 0.5% D/fruit worked out much better for me but still not as magical as I've read it's supposed to be...

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

This has been on of my favourites the last couple of months.

I have made a number of modifications to the original, I prefer my version obviously.

Prickly Dream
INW Cactus - 0.8%
FA Cream Fresh - 1%
TFA Dragon Fruit - 0.6%
FA Fuji Apple - 1%
INW Raspberry - 0.5%
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 4%
CAP Sweet Tangerine - 1.5%

Total flavour 9.4%. I find it best after a week, but good as a S&V. The cactus does need a few days in my opinion to settle down.

I have to say, I have found cactus to be quite surprising and will be playing with it more.

Original can be found here: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/223236/Prickly Dream

This has been on of my favourites the last couple of months.

I have made a number of modifications to the original, I prefer my version obviously.

Prickly Dream
INW Cactus - 0.8%
FA Cream Fresh - 1%
TFA Dragon Fruit - 0.6%
FA Fuji Apple - 1%
INW Raspberry - 0.5%
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 4%
CAP Sweet Tangerine - 1.5%

Total flavour 9.4%. I find it best after a week, but good as a S&V. The cactus does need a few days in my opinion to settle down.

I have to say, I have found cactus to be quite surprising and will be playing with it more.

Original can be found here: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/223236/Prickly Dream

Off course, I don't have any Sweet Tangerine... I'll sub with 1% CLY Naartjie or Orange perhaps? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 percent FA Marshmallow to every 4 percent TFA Greek Yoghurt. Makes it yoghurt but no smelly toe notes and no yukky rotten milk taste on the side of your tongue. Marshmallow with yoghurt is a massive win IMO. The combo keeps juices from changing colour too its quite cool.

Would it stay the same % for just FA Yogurt? That sour milk is definitely something I'd like to avoid!

Off course, I don't have any Sweet Tangerine... I'll sub with 1% CLY Naartjie or Orange perhaps? Any thoughts?

The original called for orange cream which I did not have. I guess you can just leave it out or try CLY at a lower % Honestly I don't even taste the tangerine in it so not sure how it really impacts in the juice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Would it stay the same % for just FA Yogurt? That sour milk is definitely something I'd like to avoid!
You are one ahead of me on the FA Yoghurt I am afraid. I need to pick some up to play with FA has been mostly winners for me so far.

After the Black Friday sale at The Flavor Mill I was sitting with a bottle of TFA Banana Nut Bread, so i was looking at what to do with it. I came across Monkey Milk

Looking at the percentages it look a bit high for me but reading through all the comments i saw one comment that lowered them so i decided to give it a go

Monkey Milk Lite

Capture.JPG

The juice is still very young, 8 hours on stirrer and overnight in the cupboard, but wow. I can not put my finger on the banana, all you taste is just a nice sweet smooth custard

Last edited:
After the Black Friday sale at The Flavor Mill I was sitting with a bottle of TFA Banana Nut Bread, so i was looking at what to do with it. I came across Monkey Milk

Looking at the percentages it look a bit high for me but reading through all the comments i saw one comment that lowered them so i decided to give it a go

Monkey Milk Lite

View attachment 77555

The juice is still very young, 8 hours on stirrer and overnight in the cupboard, but wow. I can not put my finger on the banana, all you taste is just a nice sweet sooth custard
Oh WIN. I have 30ml of Banana Nut Bread I dont know what to do with. I can imagine a nutty custard after 2 weeks steep. Thanks also mixing some up.

I was asked by a m8 if I could try to make a coffee cake that would be similar to Paulies and I had some time over the weekend to play around.
This is not Paulies but defo down the same road. :)
Give it a go.
Needs a few days of steeping but smells divine off the bat.

recipe19 coffee.jpg

So I have been looking around for a Lemon Meringue recipe since Rob started the whole dinner lady thing and came across this.... any comments regarding this mix before I go out and order ingredients?
e4ec5830c02806fd2b04b113bde4d12b.jpg

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

So I have been looking around for a Lemon Meringue recipe since Rob started the whole dinner lady thing and came across this.... any comments regarding this mix before I go out and order ingredients?

Its a great recipe. I make on a monthly basis.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y221-U22 using Tapatalk

Here is a link to his original post, where you can read the comments too. I like it.

I picked this comment of HIC up somewhere, which might be useful:

To boost the strength of FA Lemon Sicily, try adding 0.25-0.5% FA Aurora to your lemony recipe. You'll get sharper,enduringlemon flavor without the "furniture polish" impression of some other brands (looking at Flavor Express here). For example, in this recipe:http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-lemon-meringue-pie.9895/- replace the lime with FA Aurora. It's like adding lemon zest or lemon curd to the pie filling.

Ahh thanks. The exact recipe?

It does look really as that dessert is my Achilles heel in my diet. I have been having the worst cravings for LMP since about a month ago when my Sister in law was making one next door.

Ahh thanks. The exact recipe?

It does look really as that dessert is my Achilles heel in my diet. I have been having the worst cravings for LMP since about a month ago when my Sister in law was making one next door.

The exact recipe. I just tried adding Ginger, and it wasn't as good. So I am going back to the original.
Not really rich, but it settles the dessert craving. Lemon comes through nicely to.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y221-U22 using Tapatalk

Did anyone ever try Suicide Bunny's (Kings Crown) Fight Your Fate - "Tart lemon and Ripe Strawberries"?

image.jpeg

I am going to give Strawberry and Lemon another go after failing miserably with TFA many moons ago. I am going to try it with INW instead.

I remember absolutely loving the one bottle of Fight Your Fate I had loooooooong ago, but can't remember if there was anything more to it than just sublime Strawberry and Lemon?

I want to try this one with CLY Apricot...any suggestions for the % to sub? I'm thinking 3, maybe 4 CLY Apricot?

Spiced Apricot Glaze On Vanilla Ice Cream

Apricot (TFA) 5.0
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 2.0
Greek Yogurt (FLV) 1.0
Fresh Cream (FA) 1.0
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) 4.0

Original recipe found here:
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/21830#spiced_apricot_glaze_over_vanilla_ice_cream_by_smoky

@Rude Rudi there was a recipe that @Viper_SA had that needed some FA Apricot @2%. I never had and thought I would sub with CLY Apricot @1.5%. It didnt work, for me anyway, and killed my juice.
From what I remember it was quite strong @1.5% and overpowered everything.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever try Suicide Bunny's (Kings Crown) Fight Your Fate - "Tart lemon and Ripe Strawberries"?

View attachment 77654

I am going to give Strawberry and Lemon another go after failing miserably with TFA many moons ago. I am going to try it with INW instead.

I remember absolutely loving the one bottle of Fight Your Fate I had loooooooong ago, but can't remember if there was anything more to it than just sublime Strawberry and Lemon?

Hi @rogue zombie
I remember that Fight Your Fate
Was a nice juice but I wanted a bit more sourness
Reviewed it moons ago here:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/kings-crown-juice-reviews.t6378/#post-169848

@Rude Rudi there was a recipe that @Viper_SA had that needed some FA Apricot @2%. I never had and thought I would sub with CLY Apricot @1.5%. It didnt work, for me anyway, and killed my juice.
From what I remember it was quite strong @1.5% and overpowered everything.

So a 10ml sample will be in order then...?
As this recipe contains quite a bit of creams, etc - I trust that it will mellow the Apricot out a bit...?

So a 10ml sample will be in order then...?
As this recipe contains quite a bit of creams, etc - I trust that it will mellow the Apricot out a bit...?
Start off at 0.5 or 1%. You can always go up.
Let me know, maybe it was just me that didnt like the Apricot

Back