Calling all DIY'ers

Only one way to find out ;-)

I like it, but it's pretty niche, also has a fairly present taste of cocoa putting it (imo) in the "chocolates" camp.

That's good news. I need a kind of a chocolatey concentrate. All I have is TFA double chocolate and that stuff makes me gag.

FYI, when can we expect your interview with ENYAWREKLAW? Saw him mentioning that you will be joining him on a podcast in the future

That's good news. I need a kind of a chocolatey concentrate. All I have is TFA double chocolate and that stuff makes me gag.

FYI, when can we expect your interview with ENYAWREKLAW? Saw him mentioning that you will be joining him on a podcast in the future

Yeah see what you can do with it, it's not a full on chocolate but definitely in the family ;-)

We recorded the interview on monday, it should be included in the thursday podcast, we discuss DIY in SA, Rip Trippers & recipe stealing ;-)

Yeah see what you can do with it, it's not a full on chocolate but definitely in the family ;-)

We recorded the interview on monday, it should be included in the thursday podcast, we discuss DIY in SA, Rip Trippers & recipe stealing ;-)

Awesome stuff! Can't wait to check it out

i have used fa guava @ 5% in 50/50 and found it to taste like guava juice. still maybe too strong. after increasing the vg to 70 its was more like guava pips with a slight bitter note to it

Has anybody used CAP sweet guava? I got FA guava, but to me it's a floral guava peel and I'm looking for something more guava juice like. I tried FA guava even at 0.1% and it's still floral guava peel.

any body tried sweet tangerine ?
i have used it at 5-8 % 50/50 and 5% sweet cream , but im not getting the tangerine only cream .
any suggestions ?

@NewOobY It is very smooth. I think the Kalua base must be creamy to as with only 2% cream is already smooth
awesome thanks man, I think I will add that to my list of concentrates I need to purchase - good grief I already have like 30 concentrates, and my current list of needz to buy end of this month is 12 more.

Mixing for the night done. I see the new LA Banana Cream is clear. Prefer the look of the yellow coloring even if its unhealthier :p

e6fa049353a87aa39e98fcad7098f4aa.jpg

Such cool DIY stuff on here, pity my attempts have still been mostly unsuccesful!

Mixing for the night done. I see the new LA Banana Cream is clear. Prefer the look of the yellow coloring even if its unhealthier :p

e6fa049353a87aa39e98fcad7098f4aa.jpg
Hey dude, I see you mixed some roudernite <-- spelling sux I know sorry. How was the initial flavour and at what percentage did you use the Ameretto? I know this is 1 million questions, but I'm really keen on mixing that up as well as you know from our conversation yesterday...

Hey dude, I see you mixed some roudernite <-- spelling sux I know sorry. How was the initial flavour and at what percentage did you use the Ameretto? I know this is 1 million questions, but I'm really keen on mixing that up as well as you know from our conversation yesterday...

I'll be tasting it tonight. It smells amazing

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Really? Didn't your Malted Milk stuff turn out okay?
Damn! I forgot that you were looking for that (Set reminder on phone to take down recipe)! It was okay, but still nowhere near the quality of our local juices. I suppose I'm just impatient. I'm pretty sure the people on this forum have the criteria to meet a proper diagnostic category of mental illness when it comes to our impatience. Maybe we suffer from IVD (Impatient Vaper Disorder)!

Dude can't wait!!

And i used the same amount as specified in the recipe for FA Almond. If @method1 is correct in saying that FA is stronger than TFA then its fine cos i dnt want a flavour profile that isnt really supposed to be in the recipe overpowering it

Just as an FYI for the guys in Jhb area, Plastpro in Edenvale has a large selection of stirrer bars, various shapes and sizes, including pivoted :
Plastpro - http://www.plastpro.co.za/ - Look at Left menu > Stirrers > Magnetic Stirrers or search "bar stirring"

They share the premises with a sister company that supplies Lab equipment and has a large selection of glassware. They also have Magnetic Stirrer Hotplates if your wallet feels a bit bloated ;)
Labchem - http://www.labchem.co.za/

Just as an FYI for the guys in Jhb area, Plastpro in Edenvale has a large selection of stirrer bars, various shapes and sizes, including pivoted :
Plastpro - http://www.plastpro.co.za/ - Look at Left menu > Stirrers > Magnetic Stirrers or search "bar stirring"

They share the premises with a sister company that supplies Lab equipment and has a large selection of glassware. They also have Magnetic Stirrer Hotplates if your wallet feels a bit bloated ;)

While we're on the subject of glassware. Where can I find 30ml glass bottles (with pipette) at a good price in the CPT region? I don't mind buying in bulk.

Thank you very much!
They have some useful gear - beakers, funnels, bottles

And they're in my hood.

And i used the same amount as specified in the recipe for FA Almond. If @method1 is correct in saying that FA is stronger than TFA then its fine cos i dnt want a flavour profile that isnt really supposed to be in the recipe overpowering it

okay cool, cause I used my VM: Almond at 2% in another juice and the stuff is super overpowering. So when I mix this up I'm going to start small like 0.5% - never going above 1.5% as per the recipe. In terms of your tasting, sounds like a winner already if it smells nice - well done man :)

Only saw this post now, I assume you have a youtube channel :) Will you post a link on this forum to your podcast?

Back