Cana not charging

Ollie

Nephologist, Metallurgist, Rheologist
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Hey all

Ive just plugged my trusty Cana in for a bit of a charge, and it wont charge anymore. The little red internal LED is not glowing...

Ive taken the battery out and replaced it, blown it out, and ive given it a clean... Everything else seems to be working fine except the USB! I know its not the cable because ive just taken one of my phones off charge to plug the Cana in.

Any suggestions?

Are you trying to run it through your PC or a proper charger?

Ive tried both methods, no luck... Ive been charging it off the laptop for months, no issue!

That is pretty weird. Wondering if it could be the USB port on the PCB itself.

I hope its not the PCB... But isnt the usb charging board separate to the PCB?

Some devices yes and some no. The IPV and the Istick is all one board.

The cana all have separate usb charging bloks . If you can find one then just replace yours

The cana all have separate usb charging bloks . If you can find one then just replace yours

Thanks @jtgrey, thats a relief...

Next question... where do i find one?

I might have some of them but I am working very far from home . But if you can wait I can help

I might have some of them but I am working very far from home . But if you can wait I can help

Thanks man, really appreciate it...

This cana is never leaving my side, so i have a bit of time on my side :)

Yeah, thats what im doing now... Thanks for the help @jtgrey

I am working here in @Andre back yard at the moment but will be home at the end of the month . If you willing to pay the R99 for postage you can have one for free .

I am working here in @Andre back yard at the moment but will be home at the end of the month . If you willing to pay the R99 for postage you can have one for free .

Thanks man, Ill gladly pay the postage...

U may as well have a mini vape meet with @Andre while ur there... Take pics! lol

I am definitely going to @Andre he must teach me to coil and wig my cyclops and cyclone and just because he is a hell of a cool guy

I am definitely going to @Andre he must teach me to coil and wig my cyclops and cyclone and just because he is a hell of a cool guy

Poaching personal knowlege from Guru's.... I like this tactic!

Hi @Oliver Barry
I am no expert on these electronic things, but how do you know its not actually charging?
Maybe it is charging but the LED light is just not working?

Hi @Oliver Barry
I am no expert on these electronic things, but how do you know its not actually charging?
Maybe it is charging but the LED light is just not working?

Hey @Silver

I left the charger in for a while before I posted this thread... I don't have any testing equipment to prove that it's not charging, but the battery level marker on the screen doesn't move at all.

I have now just left it on charge over night with the exact same result... Nothing!

Sent from my brick using Tapatalk

Ok - sorry then - but good that you checked that it's actually not charging

Thanks for your input @Silver

But ill get this puppy fired up and as good as new as soon as possible!

Back