Cana v3 Mini wont fire.

Luke Van

Coil Wrapper
LV

Awards
My Hana mini hotcig clone wont fire my nautilus munu, it just reads "check atomiser." any suggestions?

Its your atomizer check your insulator ring at bottom by the pin.

Then I have no clue there bro. Used it with my mini and never had an issue besides for my insulator

Like @kimbo said ...use something small and first pick up the 510 pin and then try again . Pls reply after you tried that because there is other things to try

It is caused by the negative connection inside the box not making proper connection to the box. The entire box acts as the earth/return. There is sometimes a little screw, that secures a black wire to the body of the box. Tie that sucker down real tight and check again. The only other thing you can do is solder the return wire directly to the 510 connection, but it is tricky and you need smurf fingers to do that.

When I worked for VapeMOB(as chop007) we had many, many returns on all types of Hana's, most with the same issue. They are also very unsafe devices. I know my one client Alex was jamming at a gig and the thing started to smoke in his pocket, turns out it was a short circuit and it was his second Hana that burnt out.

The pin wont unscrew, by "pick up" what do you mean? Thanks for the help so far.
Like @kimbo said ...use something small and first pick up the 510 pin and then try again . Pls reply after you tried that because there is other things to try

The pin wont unscrew, by "pick up" what do you mean? Thanks for the help so far.
It is not the pin, but the return wire. Check this youtube video of a normal size Hana, I think it is the same issue you are facing:

J
It is caused by the negative connection inside the box not making proper connection to the box. The entire box acts as the earth/return. There is sometimes a little screw, that secures a black wire to the body of the box. Tie that sucker down real tight and check again. The only other thing you can do is solder the return wire directly to the 510 connection, but it is tricky and you need smurf fingers to do that.

When I worked for VapeMOB(as chop007) we had many, many returns on all types of Hana's, most with the same issue. They are also very unsafe devices. I know my one client Alex was jamming at a gig and the thing started to smoke in his pocket, turns out it was a short circuit and it was his second Hana that burnt out.
JiP you are right . I have fix plenty of them with that fault . that would have been my next suggestions. What he can also try is to hit it on top of the 510 connector with something rubbery like a soft handle screwdriver . That helps to re seat the 510 to earth to the box again

J

JiP you are right . I have fix plenty of them with that fault . that would have been my next suggestions. What he can also try is to hit it on top of the 510 connector with something rubbery like a soft handle screwdriver . That helps to re seat the 510 to earth to the box again
True, I have however found the best thing to do with a Hana is either get it returned(if the retailer is kind enough to do returns on a problematic unit) or alternatively turn it into a mech mod.

Just lift the pin up gently a small bit and then try it again . If that does not work then try my suggestion to hit it gently on the 510 connector with something rubbery so not to damage the treading of the 510

True, I have however found the best thing to do with a Hana is either get it returned(if the retailer is kind enough to do returns on a problematic unit) or alternatively turn it into a mech mod.
I agree but if he can solder it is a easy fix to solder the black wire to the 510 directly

@Phoenix
Turns out underneath the hot glue, my red connection wire had come loose from the 510.
Awesome, it is always cool when you find the issue, that is the first step to success. Just be very sparing with the solder, it must not touch the exterior of the 510 that is touching the body of the hana, otherwise you will have shorting and auto firing. That red wire must go directly in the center of the 510. Please be careful and take it slow.

Awesome, it is always cool when you find the issue, that is the first step to success. Just be very sparing with the solder, it must not touch the exterior of the 510 that is touching the body of the hana, otherwise you will have shorting and auto firing. That red wire must go directly in the center of the 510. Please be careful and take it slow.

This is super hard with the mini. there is virtually no space and so much hot glue. I would preferred to have taken it all out and started again.

This is super hard with the mini. there is virtually no space and so much hot glue. I would preferred to have taken it all out and started again.
Yeah true, you need a fly fisherman's touch with that one. What I did when I fixed a buddies one is to just place a small amount of solder on the solder iron and then get in there as slow and as best as possible. It is not easy at all and the first step would be to get rid of the excess glue.

Back