CBD issues

X-Calibre786

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
So I've been vaping CBD vape juice on and off for a few months using an OBS Engine MTL RTA. I recently left the RTA standing for about 2 weeks with the tank about half full. A couple of observations on CBD. Gunks up coils a lot faster than normal nicotine vaping liquid. I needed to rewick with almost every refill. CBD left in an RTA for an extended time will leave a nasty, sticky residue on the inside of the RTA. Very difficult to get this off even with Sunlight and a toothbrush. If anyone can offer any advice on how to clean this, I'd love to use this RTA for normal vaping.

I used to use ethanol and hot water for cleaning pipes when I still smoked. I havent tried cleaning an rta with it tho. If you do make sure you rinse and dry it off properly afterwards.

Agree. Alcohol-1
Surgical spirits-2
Methylated spirits only if you scrub it thoroughly afterwords. It contains contaminants to make sure the alcohol isn't drinkable. Some of them is dangerous when ingested.

Hot water as mentioned.
CBD crystallises when it comes out of solution, heat will help dissolve it.

Hot water as mentioned.
CBD crystallises when it comes out of solution, heat will help dissolve it.
I tried boiling the RTA. Put it in a pot of water on the stove. Got most of the residue off, but there's still some of it that won't come off.

Perhaps Isopropyl Alcohol, which many of us use to clean our mods? Usually available from Clicks/Dischem, but I don't know if they'r allowed to sell it now.

I tried boiling the RTA. Put it in a pot of water on the stove. Got most of the residue off, but there's still some of it that won't come off.

A small wire brush is handy for getting the tough stuff off & cleaning coils.

Back