Ceramic Tweezers

Can one get these locally somewhere?

Communica stocks them but it is hells bells expensive, close to R350.

Someone just forward that link to Rob, he doesn't have that in his toolbox yet! :)

Good tools are expensive @BhavZ - my small side cutters I use are about 3 x that - Quality has always a price, but you'l never need to replace them. I think ceramic tweezers are a must for anybody doing coiling as you can not short out the coil.

Agree completely @johanct, its just that in this particular case it may be more of a want than a need.

On that note though Builders Express has 2 types in stock, one is for R90 and the other is R190.

Agree completely @johanct, its just that in this particular case it may be more of a want than a need.

On that note though Builders Express has 2 types in stock, one is for R90 and the other is R190.

Have a look at them all and buy the best quality (vs. penny wise pound foolish). I dissagree a wee bit there ;) @BhavZ , I'd say its a NEED - so easy to short out, especially when you try making coils in a hurry or when tired.

which one did you order from FT @Rob Fisher

I've just added it to my cart... I leave the cart open for a while and when I have enough crap I press the send button... but I'm gonna go see what they have at Builders warehouse. I hate waiting.

Have a look at them all and buy the best quality (vs. penny wise pound foolish). I dissagree a wee bit there ;) @BhavZ , I'd say its a NEED - so easy to short out, especially when you try making coils in a hurry or when tired.
Never thought of that last point.

Quick question though, when building a coil and you short out, how much damage can it cause on a protected device like SVD and does one need to toss that coil and start again?

On protective device no immediate damage @BhavZ - how can I put it: if someone slap you once, it doesn't hurt so much, but if someone keeps on slapping you repetitively it starts to hurt seriously. Same with protective devices, and enough shorts even a protective device can fail. The real benefit of isolated tweezers like the ceramic ones come into effect with plain mechanical mods where a battery starts to overheat and dangerously vents.

On protective device no immediate damage @BhavZ - how can I put it: if someone slap you once, it doesn't hurt so much, but if someone keeps on slapping you repetitively it starts to hurt seriously. Same with protective devices, and enough shorts even a protective device can fail. The real benefit of isolated tweezers like the ceramic ones come into effect with plain mechanical mods where a battery starts to overheat and dangerously vents.

I follow perfectly..

So if you do an ohms check with the SVD and it reads as a short, is that causing damage as well? Or is safe?

I follow perfectly..

So if you do an ohms check with the SVD and it reads as a short, is that causing damage as well? Or is safe?
No damage because you are not firing the SVD, you are just measuring the resistance. If you fire it thereafter with the shorted coil, the scenario @johanct sketches comes into play.

No damage because you are not firing the SVD, you are just measuring the resistance. If you fire it thereafter with the shorted coil, the scenario @johanct sketches comes into play.

Perfect, thank you.

So in that case a ceramic tweezer has definitely become a need

@BhavZ , its safe for a couple of times, but measuring shorts continuosly will eventually damage the protection circuitry inside the SVD or for that matter, any electronic mod (firing and squeezing coil similtaneously with conductive tweezers).

In that case need to learn how to measure resistance with my multimeter.. Just to be on the safe side

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the point of making a coil while firing the PV? The original article from VaporJoe does not explain this.

When I build a coil, I don't fire the PV at the same time? Am I missing something?
I build it, then install it, then check the ohms - and only then fire it to check.
At what point does the ceramic tweezer help me?

I suppose the tweeze and squeeze - but I only do that after checking if the coil is ok

Maybe I've missed something really clear to others....

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the point of making a coil while firing the PV? The original article from VaporJoe does not explain this.

When I build a coil, I don't fire the PV at the same time? Am I missing something?
I build it, then install it, then check the ohms - and only then fire it to check.
At what point does the ceramic tweezer help me?

Maybe I've missed something really clear to others....
I pulse my coils and squeeze once installed. So get them to glow stop firing and squeeze with tweezer. Once or twice I've jumped the gun and squeezed before leffing the fire button go and either the coil pops or you get lucky. Thats not good for the bat as its close to dead short,the current flows through the conductive tweezer not the coil.
Another thing I need to buy thanks guys......

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Back