Ceramic Wick

Damn, is it too late to get stuck in to this group buy as well?
At the moment I still don't have a reply from the guy in the states,if he is OK with sending it,you are in,was going to keep a couple of feet for myself but I'll let you have half of it.Apologies to anyone else who may want it but I want to keep it to the smallest possible package and I don't want to freak this american guy out with the fine thats plastered all over the website.

Wow! Thanks @Genosmate that is a really generous offer, thank you!

I am uber excited about this :)

Finally heard back from my friends contact in the USA as he was away in the Bahamas,apparently he took one look at the RBA website and immediately refused to buy the readyXwick and send it out of the Country! Iam going to try another route,I'll get it somehow guys!

Thanks for keeping us up to date @Genosmate - If you don't come right let me know, I know a couple of "wild" guys in Madison WI, that might be able to assist.

So here the 2 mm ceramic wick goes for $8.00 per foot. But they do not export!
Over here exactly the same stuff is sold for $12.99 per foot. But they do ship to us taking you directly to www.internationalcheckout.com as you check out.
Per Murphy's Law they sent the wrong stuff, but have now at last received 4 foot of 2 mm (slim) Ceramic ReadyXWick. Total costs, all included, worked out to R287.93 per foot.

I wicked 3 Reos with similar ceramic wick (inferior quality obtained from I do not remember where, via MyUs.com last year) on 22 May 2014. One wick broke about 3 weeks later. The other 2 are still going strong. Extremely handy for when on the road.

A thread on the Reo forum (ECF) gives lots of information on this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/539791-readyxwick-non-cotton-people.html

So, if anyone want to do a group buy on these, all the information above.

These coils and this ceramic wick are now exactly 66 days old. Dry burned around every 3rd to 4th day. Used all day long exclusively with 5P Bowden's Mate. Cyclone atomizer with AFC.
dGCDcTc.jpg

These coils and this ceramic wick are now exactly 66 days old. Dry burned around every 3rd to 4th day. Used all day long exclusively with 5P Bowden's Mate. Cyclone atomizer with AFC.
dGCDcTc.jpg
Wow!

It looks like you built it yesterday!

dGCDcTc.jpg

That's just amazing, especially the condition of the coils (looks definitely thicker than 28G?). The ceramic wick looks very similar to the "authentic" Ekowool from SΩV.

Wow!

It looks like you built it yesterday!
Yeah, strangely the single coil wicks last up to about 40 days - then the wick break at the edge of the coil, but this configuration just has no end.

That's just amazing, especially the condition of the coils (looks definitely thicker than 28G?). The ceramic wick looks very similar to the "authentic" Ekowool from SΩV.
That is probably 27 g, which is the gauge I use most. You can see I gave the top one a bit of a knock at one stage. Yip the same braided thing as the Ekowool, also with a hollow center.

Impressive @Andre

Wish this ceramic wick was more easily available...

Wonder if Rob from Reosmods knows about it or has used it.
He could always slip some in a package for us ;-)

Impressive @Andre

Wish this ceramic wick was more easily available...

Wonder if Rob from Reosmods knows about it or has used it.
He could always slip some in a package for us ;-)
I am sure it will become more widely available in future. BTW, the new Nautilus wicks are ceramic.

So, was just curious if you guys managed to get some ReadyXwick?
saw this a few weeks ago was really amped to order some till I saw what their website said. Considered the MyUS route but the cost would be over R1000 to get a little bit of wick delivered here :S

You're still using the same wick since may ? O_O damn. What does it look like now? Still vaping like the day you got it ?
Can we get a group buy for this stuff going :D
No, I mean still using the stock I ordered as you will see in that post. But, yes on my Cyclops with dual coils at 0.55 ohms and daily use a wick and coil lasts me around 4 months. Could probably go longer, but then I start itching for a new coil.

I am in for a group buy. For 10 feet its about 2k to get it here. 800 is for shipping. But with sapo now I didnt want to order yet. And didnt see other shipping options.

I am in for a group buy. For 10 feet its about 2k to get it here. 800 is for shipping. But with sapo now I didnt want to order yet. And didnt see other shipping options.
Shipping was per courier. That is the way internationalcheckout.com works. And they are much better than myUs.com - where the local courier surprises you with a huge invoice before delivering.

Back