Chalice Clone Comparison

Have edited the OP as follows:

Have now received 2 reports of this clone shorting (with and without a coil in there) and collapsing the Reo spring. Might be a center pin problem. Just a heads up.
Thanks i'll check it thoroughly if it seems dodgy i'll toss it in the R.I.gorge.

My clone is working 100%, even the air hole/s align perfectly.

Ok, so I've been getting adventurous with the chalice iii clone.

Twisted 28awg done by hand.
3mm ID.
.7 ohms 20150928_204207.jpg
Haven't put cotton in yet but I was supprised that the build actually fitted and it secure under the posts.

Going to be careful with the cap on as not to collapse the reo hot spring.

3mm ID.
.7 ohms View attachment 36234
Haven't put cotton in yet but I was supprised that the build actually fitted and it secure under the posts.

Wow, impressive. In the picture it almost looks like a double barreled coil. Let us know how she vapes.

3mm ID.

@Christos ,I think you'll find as I have that keeping close to the 1 ohm mark will give the best performance w/the Chalice clone.Wicking is also important, I used a small Scottish roll and had good results.She's a tricky one this Chalice.Good luck.

Ohm reading came out to 1.1 ohms in the end but as a whole it was a bad idea.

3mm ID is way too big and the airflow was restricted by the sheer size.

Needless to say it got really hot very quickly.
I'm calling this build a miss.

3mm ID.

@Christos ,I think you'll find as I have that keeping close to the 1 ohm mark will give the best performance w/the Chalice clone.Wicking is also important,i used a small Scottish roll and had good results.She's a tricky one this Chalice.Good luck.
Ohm reading came out to 1.1 ohms in the end but as a whole it was a bad idea.

3mm ID is way too big and the airflow was restricted by the sheer size.

Needless to say it got really hot very quickly.
I'm calling this build a miss.
Try 28g,5wraps,2mm rod. Comes in just under 1ohm

@Christos ,I think you'll find as I have that keeping close to the 1 ohm mark will give the best performance w/the Chalice clone.Wicking is also important,i used a small Scottish roll and had good results.She's a tricky one this Chalice.Good luck.

Try 28g,5wraps,2mm rod. Comes in just under 1ohm

I had a similar build last week and it was rather decent.

I'll probably rebuild the chalice some time this week.

I have 4 bf rda's now so I get lazy and rotate them.
If I recall I did 5 or 6 wraps on 2.5mm ID.

Will probably stop playing around with the chalice and stick to what works.
Thanks for the advice.

I had a similar build last week and it was rather decent.

I'll probably rebuild the chalice some time this week.

I have 4 bf rda's now so I get lazy and rotate them.
If I recall I did 5 or 6 wraps on 2.5mm ID.

Will probably stop playing around with the chalice and stick to what works.
Thanks for the advice.
The Chalice is not an ez atty. Unfortunately it's the only one to fit my reo grand(clone) I'm thinking of grinding the top well so it will accept other attys.p.s try vaping w/ the drip tip loose to get better air flow, works for me.

The Chalice is not an ez atty. Unfortunately it's the only one to fit my reo grand(clone) I'm thinking of grinding the top well so it will accept other attys.p.s try vaping w/ the drip tip loose to get better air flow, works for me.

@kev mac Do yourself a favour and get a Cyclone from Vicious Ant! It will fit fine and if you want to widen the air hole it's really simple with a dremel!

@kev mac Do yourself a favour and get a Cyclone from Vicious Ant! It will fit fine and if you want to widen the air hole it's really simple with a dremel![/QUOTE Thanks Rob, I've been looking for an atty to fit in place of the Chalice, it goes on the list.

You can also look for Divo's and Hornets. I predominantly use Cyclones (NON AFC) but I have a Divo on one of my REO's and I use that one a LOT!

You can also look for Divo's and Hornets. I predominantly use Cyclones (NON AFC) but I have a Divo on one of my REO's and I use that one a LOT!
Thanks for the info Rob,i just ordered the Cyclone.

Anybody having rusty posts with their chalice clone?

Was soaking them in alcohol and trying to disassemble one but still rusty after 1 use. It seems to be the right post on both the clones.
Any advice on how to take this thing apart because the right post turns but doesn't come out. 2015-10-26 20.19.53.jpg

Edit. The reason I want to take the right post out is use the left post from both attys to get rid of the shit post and end up with one working atty.

Back