Chalice Clone Comparison

Interesting question.
Give me a moment to pull out my tester and confirm.
It's The the outside of the 510.

My understanding is the centre pin is positive.
The centre pin contact is not the rusty one.

It's The the outside of the 510.

My understanding is the centre pin is positive.
The centre pin contact is not the rusty one.

So its the negative post that is rusting, thanks. I wonder what causes this? Maybe not a solid connection or just cheap materials used.

So its the negative post that is rusting, thanks. I wonder what causes this? Maybe not a solid connection or just cheap materials used.
I'm starting to think the old idiom of you get what you pay for is appropriate here.
I might just destroy the one clone to see how the internals fit together so I can fix one at least.

I'm starting to see the clones, not all of them, seem to be made from inferior metals.
Just another example of a fairly new atty with rust developing but this is because the post screws are rubbish. 2015-10-26 20.44.07.jpg

I'm starting to think the old idiom of you get what you pay for is appropriate here.
I might just destroy the one clone to see how the internals fit together so I can fix one at least.

I like the way you think. If you do, share your findings please :nod:

On a side note, did you take both woodvilles?

I'm starting to see the clones, not all of them, seem to be made from inferior metals.

Agreed, it cant be an isolated issue, you have two of them that are rusting and I have two that are doing the same, on the same post. We got what we paid for lol

I like the way you think. If you do, share your findings please :nod:

On a side note, did you take both woodvilles?
I was really interested in getting another cyclone.
Getting a woodvil is just bonus!

Anybody having rusty posts with their chalice clone?

Was soaking them in alcohol and trying to disassemble one but still rusty after 1 use. It seems to be the right post on both the clones.
Any advice on how to take this thing apart because the right post turns but doesn't come out. View attachment 37865
@Christos ,have been using this clone fo a while now w/ no issues luckily

I have 1 authentic Chalice II, 1 authentic Chalice III V1, 5 authentic Chalice III V2's and one Chalice III clone that was sent to me when they first came out to do basically what Andre did... determine the exact differences between them to help folks not get taken by unscrupulous sellers that advertise as authentic what are in fact clones. Lots o fpeople have been ripped off paying for authentic but received clones. Other differences were noted by me beyond what Andre listed. Some differences can be seen if the seller posts half way descent pictures in their ad, some cannot without the clone in hand.

Everything about vaping is personal choice. When it comes to one-on-one or near so clones mine is to try to never buy them at all. I prefer to support the companies that do all the R&D, risk the investment to offer better products, rather than the bottom dwellers that rob them of the profits they've earned.

The CIII clones are a moot point now with the giveaway prices being asked for the last 130+ remaining so called authentic CIII's in stock at one source mentioned here recently.

Another task I took on was to use the clone to attempt to improve it's direct lung hit capabilities, and if successful to do the same mods to all of my authentic III's as well. The modifications I made to the clone did help some, but the ones that I know would help far more and make it a true lung hit machine would take equipment I have that is buried in storage and/or equipment that I no longer have to do them effectively. So the project was scrapped, the clone tossed in a box and I vaped the authentic Chalice's stock by slip steaming drip tips for a restricted lung draw. I seldom use them anymore, or the Reos they reside on.

Back