Charging 18650 Batteries

Hi @johanct. Even though stacking batteries dangerous and not recommended, I would think this could eliminate the issue as the step up circuitry never comes into play. Correct?

No it will worsen what you want to achieve - you have to try and see Ohms law in 3 dimensions. Whether you step-up or step-down you have losses in the circuitry, which you don't have in a simple mechanical mod. You need constant power for the maximum time. Your solution is a higher mAh rated battery e.g 2600mAh and higher, don't look at 30 or 35A discharge current as a good battery for your setup, you don't need it as you are using an electronic mod.

Ok many thanks for all the replies. Most interesting.

In essence yes @Silver1 you will have some "perfect" stable output power for a limited time. The higher the output power the shorter the "perfect" stable output power.?? You will get much longer "perfect" stable output power with higher mAh batteries. I did play with an eVic (not comparable to a better device like SVD) and went straight to mech mod (zero electronics) - had to play with different coil resistance until I got my personal perfect vape. Long story short; I get a longer "perfect" stable output power on a mech mod with 1.3Ohm coil than with the eVic using good quality IMR Li-Mn batteries.
Great to hear us mech guys have some logic going for us!

Normally I just pop the batteries onto the Intellicharger I2 over night but because I'm heading out for the weekend fishing I wanted to charge batteries just before I head on out... I'm really surprised that the batteries only take about 20 minutes to charge? Is this right? So quick? All three lights had stopped flashing.
Hi, what batteries are you using because i want them?

Back