Clone squonker

Hey @whatalotigot
Just caught up with this thread now after being off the whole day

I know what you mean when you say Reonauts may get nervous when they see a potential 1:1 clone for $30. I hope this thing is not good quality otherwise you are right, i will feel bleak having paid $150 for the same thing.

But I really doubt it will be of the same quality or work as well. I also doubt the cloners will be able to make it to the same precision and with the same materials such that it works as well. And as far as I understand, the Reo has been finely tuned and slightly adjusted over the years to make it work better with less voltage drop etc etc. i doubt the cloner even knows about all these improvements... This is of course just my speculation.

So lets see...

Will be very interesting

article-2095047-118D8324000005DC-222_634x413.jpg
they both do the same thing.
given the choice i will always pick the original over a clone. it might cost more, so what:--P i like to support Robert E O'Neill.

You all do know that this clone is going to increase authentic REO sales, right?

It's also a super cheap springboard for someone wanting to try sqonking.

Depending on how good a clone it is, might be a source of cheap parts for REO's (Doors, buttons, etc...)

I know when I vaped less and a REO was feasible, the price scared me.

I'm a volume vaper (15-20mls a day). I can't really use mech mods anymore, battery life is just too short. So for me a REO isn't an option.

@hands that avatar is killer!

Last edited:
@whatalotigot bashing a reo is the same thing as bashing a iphone its dangerous you might lose a hand.
With every reo you get a free pitchfork and flavour enhancing elfs thats why its more expensive :p

I just heard from the manufacturer, these copies will all be called "Dolly", in honour of the sheep.

@whatalotigot bashing a reo is the same thing as bashing a iphone its dangerous you might lose a hand.
With every reo you get a free pitchfork and flavour enhancing elfs thats why its more expensive :p

Bashing any device is just silly and bound to upset someone - I just don't see why people feel the need to do it :rolleyes:
It's the "mine's bigger than yours" mentality I suppose ;)

PS: those flavour enhancing elfs are amazing, pity they're not sold separately :p

Bashing any device is just silly and bound to upset someone - I just don't see why people feel the need to do it :rolleyes:
It's the "mine's bigger than yours" mentality I suppose ;)

PS: those flavour enhancing elfs are amazing, pity they're not sold separately :p

I agree but where the line is between bashing and criticising depens on the person hearing/reading it. And with certain (not to be named) devices/brands that line is pretty low due to a emotional value/connection the owner has with that certain device.

I agree but where the line is between bashing and criticising depens on the person hearing/reading it. And with certain (not to be named) devices/brands that line is pretty low due to a emotional value/connection the owner has with that certain device.

I totally agree that some fans are more fanatical than others - it is generally proportional to how much they enjoy something :)

Personally, I couldn't give a crap about people bashing or criticising anything I like - has no effect on me. What irks me is when people start bashing people for enjoying what they enjoy - that is just rude ;)

Who bashed someone?? Shall i read the thread a 3rd time? Lol

I dont think the reo comes with flavour elfs .. I could start again by saying the flavour comes from the atty.. Not the metal box. @free3dom . The pitch fork I can see why...

starting a argument on flavour from the reo would be a massive endless road. Most Reo owners say they have superior flavour to any other vape. but have never vaped anything else or never tried building a clapton coil ever... ( No offence to people who have )

One day @free3dom you can vape my setup and see what real flavor is. Iv had many reo owners taste my setup and go wow.. I thought a reo had the best flavour.. And have since sold their reo.

But Personal preference is yours... No Worries I dont BASH anyone for having their vape setup of choice. Just be a little more open to the fact that im not after your blood. Im just stating that this metal box is just a metal box at the end of the day. Unscrew your atty from your reo and put it on any other device. You wont know the difference. If you are blind to think not then you are bashing everyone who doesnt own a reo, By choice.

i agree that the favor comes from the atty, build, wick and user preference.i am happy that you have "real flavor" and are willing to let others have a go.sharing is caring. the REO being a plain metal bottom fed box is exactly why i like and i would say there is nothing wrong with that. would the clone be the same? we will have to wait and see.

@hands I doubt it will be anywhere close to the REO, But its great for the noob on a budget who wants to bottom feed. If thats what they prefer.. These budget clone Reo's are good for one thing... Experiencing bottom feeding at an affordable price. Once they have tried it and say alright, i have tried all methods of vaping and I like bottom feeding most. then going ahead to spend the full price on a REO is best for them, Same goes for juice sales. I want to try the juice before I buy, otherwise your going in blind with a wad of cash.. Like @n0ugh7_zw Said... This could accually boost REO sales.

Lol this thread. Firstly the criteria of a good vape is different for everyone - some might enjoy an airy dense vape whilst others enjoy a tighter more subtle vape. Flavour again is subjective - some flavours are more enjoyable with dense warm vapor whilst others are better with cooler vapor. You actually cannot say you have the best setup or the best flavour device etc because everyones preferences are different.

A reo provides its user with a simple, solid and compact package and yes the atty and build etc provides the vape experience but so does the device. A mech hits differently to a regulated device.

This clone is more than likely going to suck but we will await its arrival and I suspect the gorge will be fed. But again who cares because if you cant afford a reo theres another option for you. Every other device has been cloned and to be honest i don't thibk it affects to manufacturers too badly - look at how loyal Reo owners are. People that werent really going to buy a reo becuase maybe the price vs want factor was too much or cant afford to will buy the clones.

Anyways my 2c lol

lol, ok, fair enough, my spotless record, is still spotless.

lol, ok, fair enough, my spotless record, is still spotless.

what does 'pwns' mean anyway?

Edit: Google has set me straight on what 'PWNS' means lol :oops: _ Pwn is a leetspeak slang term derived from the verb own, as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet-based video game culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g., "You just got pwned!").

I here by acknowledge I am a noob and will change my rating to 'agree' and return to my corner where I belong :rolleyes: :-D

signed, a toyota fan who doesnt know what 'pwns' is :oops:

Last edited:
Back