Cloud Chasing Rda

My new kayfun coil amzing

Attachments

• 20140904_122046.jpg
    20140904_122046.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 28
Yeah hot isn't good.
As soon as I feel a battery get hot the mod gets tossed outside right quick.

For sure. Don't more than a 2 sec fire and I only do one or two. Then the battery comes out and left alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a Stillare and 2 UD iGO W's, the iGO W's will need to be drilled from what i understand.

I've watched riptrippers cloud chasing videos. There is a lot that goes into it. Down to things like inhaling and exhaling techniques.

Will edit and link the videos tonight when i get home.

i still believe that a patriot with the correct drilled holes will kick a$$ - i attempted to drill VapeKing's Demo Patriot, but after 2 broken drill bits, it sadly only has 3 holes, 2 on the one side and 1 on the other....

i need one of those vertical drill press jobbies and a vice....... @Rowan Francis , i was wondering if you have the tools to complete that transformation... @Stroodlepuff knows where the holes must go....

i still believe that a patriot with the correct drilled holes will kick a$$ - i attempted to drill VapeKing's Demo Patriot, but after 2 broken drill bits, it sadly only has 3 holes, 2 on the one side and 1 on the other....

i need one of those vertical drill press jobbies and a vice....... @Rowan Francis , i was wondering if you have the tools to complete that transformation... @Stroodlepuff knows where the holes must go....
I can have a look see

A mate of mine is using a drilled patriot with dual coils at about 0.1ohms. Huge vapour!!

Wouldn't it be more sensible to run a dual battery mod for something like 0.05 ohms btw? @johan how does the internal cell resistance play a role - would it increase or decrease the voltage drop overall? I assume that at 0.05 there'd be a pretty huge drop..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410561870.576147.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410561888.143184.jpg

So this one goes out to all the peeps that were "worried" about me and my dark side of subohming. I decided to build myself a FrankenBox. I'll neaten him up when I have time. But his def firing nicely. Running off 2 VTC5's.

little bit of rearranging there and you could maybe fit 4 x vtc5's. get some 2 parallel batteries in series. that would be a monster :)

little bit of rearranging there and you could maybe fit 4 x vtc5's. get some 2 parallel batteries in series. that would be a monster :)
That's was this is a FrankenBox he can be rearranged this was a quick throw together building a neater more stable one soon.

Recently I tried the Legend RDA, using a dual 26 gauge coil at 0.2 ohms, she throws the vapor, huge clouds. Also used a Copper mech mod with VTC5 for 'safety' and the results where awesome. Just a few seconds and the vapor comes gushing out. The large air holes are placed directly opposite each coil for maximum effect. A winner in my books but I have seen and heard guys using the Plumeveil at 0.12 ohms, like the bearded legend and it throws way more clouds. It is however always NB to practice safe love making/sorry I meant safe sub ohming. Make certain you know exactly what you are doing before even attempting any sub ohm build.

TBH, from my fooling around, what i've found, is this.

Chasing the lowest resistance will get you clouds, but thats the dangerous route, specially when you start dropping below 0.16 (Sony VTC4 or 5's!)

You can get very, very similar results at higher (safer resistances), by optimising your wicking and coiling.

This is just my experience, so your millage may vary.

I find building to about 0.23-.031 ohms with the absolute minimum amount of wire possible (small coils) and then having a firm (not tight) wick, that is very aerated on either side of where it goes through the coil. Also being very careful to expose as much of the coil as possible (back, front, top, bottom)
Works really well for me, I take long lung hits, 5-7 seconds, i cut my juices with glycerin, to dilute the nicotine (and to take the throat ripping harshness out of the PG bias juices we get here) A side effect of the glycerin, is increased vapor production (you're increasing the VG content of your juice)

At resistances as low as 0.23-0.31 I find that flavours are so intensified, that even diluting the juices as much as 1:2, i get full rich flavour. Also allowing the diluted juices to steep, intensifies their flavour.

I feel that diluting the juices is necessary for another reason too, even at 6mg, it's really easy to get silvered, with the amounts of vapor you can make when sub-ohm-ing.

Again, this is just my experience, and I'm only just over 2 months into this stuff, but i have done a ton of fiddling.

Thanks @Al3x

Hearing good things about the plume veil

Plume veil is great, but the airflow is a bit restricted for me, even full open. The adjustable insulator at the top cannot be adjusted down if you use high coils at it burns the insulator (been there, done that).
My atty of choice is the 454 Big Block. 4 x air holes and can do quad coils easily. Plus, it has a huge juice well. Can be adjusted for 1, 2 or 4 air holes. Can be drilled out too if needed.
Mine is on the way (floating in the SAPO void out there)
Will give feedback once I've coiled, wicked and vaped it.

Plume Veil is ok, personally I didn't enjoy it, when you open it up it lacks flavour. Cloud production is excellent though.

My new baby is the Onslaught, it's a triple negative post design, you can EASILY get 6 coils in. Good size juice well. The flavour wide open is EXCELLENT up there with the veritas for sure with over double the cloud production.
Onslaught-Deck.jpg

Here's what she can do,

There are plenty of videos of this thing making fog.

Back