Coil cleaning brushes

incredible_hullk

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Douglasdale, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
hi all

so my last fasttech order i bought some coil cleaning brushes and boy do they work fine.

had a set of claptons in my petri tank which were black and with 3 or 4 swipes across the coil they were clean! didnt even have to apply pressure.

they look similiar to the denture cleaning brushes.

at $1,56 for 5 its a dream cleaning gadget

Screenshot_20161109-200855.png

Wondering if an old toothbrush or similar could be modified to do this. Are the coil bristles made from "steel"?

China town sells it already.. looks like an ordinary toothbrush with steel or copper bristles and sells for like R15 .. so I dnt think it's worth while for vendors to bring those in

China town sells it already.. looks like an ordinary toothbrush with steel or copper bristles and sells for like R15 .. so I dnt think it's worth while for vendors to bring those in
Guess I'm going to china town this weekend :D

@JsPLAYn , which China Town are you referring to (location) ???

Ottery is where I saw it. . Basically it's just cheaper at China town but I've seen them at all harware stores too. Just ask for a metal bristle brush as they come in a selecting of shapes and sizes

@JsPLAYn , which China Town are you referring to (location) ???

I've got the mini brush set at Sable Square, brass, steel and nylon, dunno about the "copper softer steel" one though... maybe thats an euphemism for brass.
3pcWireBrushSet.jpg~original

I've got the mini brush set at Sable Square, brass, steel and nylon, dunno about the "copper softer steel" one though... maybe thats an euphemism for brass.
3pcWireBrushSet.jpg~original
That's the one .. its the brass then sorry.. but that one specifically does nt cause damage as it's a softer material .I bought the same pack

Needless to say any hardware store type brushes werent designed with any hygeine in mind, let alone of the oral variety.
Meaning that you will transfer any oils/ preservatives etc from the brush to the coil, resulting in an unpleasant vape experience.
Perhaps you could sterilize the brass one with a hot soapy soak followed by an alcohol rinse, but I prefer just a cherry hot, water plunge for my coils.

Needless to say any hardware store type brushes werent designed with any hygeine in mind, let alone of the oral variety.
Meaning that you will transfer any oils/ preservatives etc from the brush to the coil, resulting in an unpleasant vape experience.
Perhaps you could sterilize the brass one with a hot soapy soak followed by an alcohol rinse, but I prefer just a cherry hot, water plunge for my coils.
A good soak in sunlight liquid is all u need but yes u are correct as they work but nt designed for this purpose . I also just heat till it glows and pop under running water .. works quite well and less hassles

Back