Coil economy

sunneyboy

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Evening to you all.

I have been on a mission of late.

I have been trying to find a build that brings the perfect balance between all the things i think are important in a vape.

1. Battery life (if there isnt power there is no vape)
2. My nic fix
3. Decent clouds
4. Good flavour.

I would like to think of this similar to cars. It is easy to build a super fast or powerful or attractive or fuel efficient or safe car etc. But to put all of these into a single vehicle takes some ingenuity and creativity.

I am still messing around with various builds but i think i may have found one that is getting closer to where all my needs for a good vape are met.

Dual 32 gauge 2 mm diameter micro coils on an rda
8 wraps each
Comes to around 2 ohms.

Gives me great battery life, heats up quick.
Decent clouds with open airflow and a good kick in the gullet when doing mouth to lung inhales.

Anyone else have ideas on a build for the most economical car, oops i mean coil.

Interesting question @sunneyboy

I think the ideal coil does depend a lot on what atty, what power and what mod (regulated or mech)

But i understand exactly what you mean about battery life being a factor

For example on my Reo (mech) with RM2 atty, i find great happiness for the lighter fruity and menthol juices at about 1 ohm. (28g single compressed microcoil 1.5mm iD, 7 wraps). The 28g heats up fast enough and doesnt give afterburner effect. 7 wraps for enough flavour and 1.5mm id just works well for me at that power range (12 to 16 watts)

Fo the tobacco and rich complex flavours i find a lower resistance of around 0.8 ohms is best or alternatively, i do a paracoil at about 0.4 to 0.5 ohms. But in duals/paracoils, the power is shared between the coils so its not as hectic as a 0.4 single coil.

Admittedly i get more battery life and more economical juice consumption from the 1 ohm single coil. But for the tobaccoes and richer juices, i do need a bit more power.

Of course, on a regulated its all different because you can simply push more power to the same higher resistance coil. But i do not have much experience yet with the regulated devices in this power range.

Looking forward to hearing what others say

PS - i am taking a toot right now on a 1 ohm coil in the Reo/RM2 with Craft Vapour Melon on the Rocks 18mg.

Super flavour, great throat hit (18mg helps and this juice does have lots of TH anyway).
Clouds are average, but the RM2 is not for blowing massive clouds
Economy is great from the battery perspective and from a juice consumption perspective

I can vape a full 5ml of juice in the Reo on a single 18650 battery. The last 1ml or so is a bit weaker but its moe than fine.

Another point why I like my 18mg for this application is that i get my throat hit even at a fairly lowish power. (12 to 16 watts)

So for those who want more economy on their juice and their battery, use a higher nic strength and you can get away with a lower power setup and still get the same throat hit. Maybe not clouds though, but thats not important to me for all day vaping.

My standard now is 28g dual 1.4mm micro's, 8 wraps. Give it a try.

Got a cordless drill? Try twisted 32ga. I'm vaping dual 7 wrap coils of twisted 30ga and I really enjoy that!! Battery life won't be as good, but it should produce a better vape.

Got a cordless drill? Try twisted 32ga. I'm vaping dual 7 wrap coils of twisted 30ga and I really enjoy that!! Battery life won't be as good, but it should produce a better vape.
Definitely, the twisted 32g coils give one helluva flavour boost and work great on lower power devices, at around 1.5 ohms they won't stress the battery's capacity too much. Now that I have a more powerful regulated device (20w+) I'm using twisted 28g with each twist about 1 to 1.5mm long, on a dual coil setup the flavour is pretty intense and cloud production in general is pretty darn good. Battery life isn't really an issue for me as I always have spares on hand so I usually keep my daily drivers at around 0.8ohm.

Evening to you all.

I have been on a mission of late.

I have been trying to find a build that brings the perfect balance between all the things i think are important in a vape.

1. Battery life (if there isnt power there is no vape)
2. My nic fix
3. Decent clouds
4. Good flavour.

I would like to think of this similar to cars. It is easy to build a super fast or powerful or attractive or fuel efficient or safe car etc. But to put all of these into a single vehicle takes some ingenuity and creativity.

I am still messing around with various builds but i think i may have found one that is getting closer to where all my needs for a good vape are met.

Dual 32 gauge 2 mm diameter micro coils on an rda
8 wraps each
Comes to around 2 ohms.

Gives me great battery life, heats up quick.
Decent clouds with open airflow and a good kick in the gullet when doing mouth to lung inhales.

Anyone else have ideas on a build for the most economical car, oops i mean coil.
I like this discussion, but I have found that every one of my devices have a sweet spot and it is rarely good for battery life :). For me flavour is first, which depending on what I'm using ranges from parallel dual 0.5 builds (really bad for battery life) to 0.7 singles (better). Very rarely found any joy above 1ohm, except maybe with the Nautilus (which has found a more worthy owner now).

Last edited:
I would never sacrifice the quality of my vape for extended battery life...that's why I upgraded to more powerful devices with better and/or replaceable batteries :D

Building coils to save battery life sounds like going on a diet to me :p

for me the best vape I get out of the kit I have is dual 0.8 to 1.2 ohm coils 2mm id 28g kanthol for the regulated mods. For my mechs I prefer 1.2 to 1.5 ohm 2mm single coil 28g kanthol Builds.

Back