Concentrates and Price

Damn... I got a call from the office today informing me that I have a Dawn Wing Delivery and should they sign for it. I couldn't believe it. I mean, I placed my order less than 24 hours prior to actual delivery!!! That is some amazing service from blckvapour!!! :YOUTHEMAN: I'm so exited I might just pop by the office over the weekend to collect my package!!! :ARMS1::aaaaa:

Made my first 20ml Strawberry Cream @ 3mg Nic.
Tell me though, at first, does the nic taste (peppery taste) come through quite strong? I mixed the batch, then shook it on and off for an hour. Then, temptation got the better of me and I put a drop on my finger for a taste. Tasted more peppery than I would have wanted it to.
Will the nic taste dissipate during the steeping and breathing period? I like a smooth nic flavour.
I was thinking of doing my next test batch and toning the nic down a bit - to say 2.5 or 2.8 until I find that sweet spot?

Made my first 20ml Strawberry Cream @ 3mg Nic.
Tell me though, at first, does the nic taste (peppery taste) come through quite strong? I mixed the batch, then shook it on and off for an hour. Then, temptation got the better of me and I put a drop on my finger for a taste. Tasted more peppery than I would have wanted it to.
Will the nic taste dissipate during the steeping and breathing period? I like a smooth nic flavour.
I was thinking of doing my next test batch and toning the nic down a bit - to say 2.5 or 2.8 until I find that sweet spot?
What's in your strawberry cream? If it contains Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, that's most likely the peppery taste you're getting. Nic does get sliiiightly smoother during the steep, but there shouldn't be peppery notes from it after mixing at 3mg anyway.

Having said that, tasting actual drops of e-liquid won't necessarily taste good (especially if they contain nicotine), as you're bombarding the taste buds in one small area with a whole drop worth of juice and nic.

Oh hell. Ok here is my DIY mixing journey and what I've learnt.
Plan your order. Order your order. Expect your plan to go wrong. Throw away your plan. Have fun.
Good and bad. It's all learning.
That sounds like you have a hidden camera in my DIY den!

I m
What's in your strawberry cream? If it contains Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, that's most likely the peppery taste you're getting. Nic does get sliiiightly smoother during the steep, but there shouldn't be peppery notes from it after mixing at 3mg anyway.

Having said that, tasting actual drops of e-liquid won't necessarily taste good (especially if they contain nicotine), as you're bombarding the taste buds in one small area with a whole drop worth of juice and nic.
I mix my nicotine at 10% and have never had a peppery taste. The vanilla bean ice cream does and I now try avoid using it.

I m
I mix my nicotine at 10% and have never had a peppery taste. The vanilla bean ice cream does and I now try avoid using it.
Yip, same - i avoid VBIC like the plague. Tastes disgusting to me (not everyone gets that effect from VBIC though).

Yip, same - i avoid VBIC like the plague. Tastes disgusting to me (not everyone gets that effect from VBIC though).
It came up in a number of recipes I tried and they always had a strange taste and I just couldn't put my finger on the problem until I accidentally left out the VBIC and bam it was gone. So is the VBIC into a dark corner of my concentrate stash.

70VG/30PG Mix
PG Nic base: 1.3g
TFA Strawberry Ripe: 0.79g (5%)
TFA Bavarian Cream: 0.47g (3%)
TFA Graham Cracker Clear: 0.31g (2%)
VG: 13.20g
PG: 1.85g

Total: 15ml/17.92g

Edit: 15ml and not 20ml as my initial post states.

I need to get this harsh peppery taste out of my juice! I'm sure I got a bottle of Prime Nic which has 36mg written on the bottle but the contents seems much higher than 36mg.
I already halfed the nic in my mix to 1.5mg and it's still pronounced. I'll be taking it down to 1mg and next and see from their.
Question though: On my mix, I'm getting some other taste coming through. I cant quite put my finger on it or describe it but something is off. Flavours dont come through at all. All I taste is this pronounced mystery taste. I guess it could very well be any of the ingredients I'm adding so I plan on doing single mixes with no nic of:
1 x 5% Strawberry Ripe
1 x 5% Graham Cracker Clear
1 x 5% Bavarian Cream

Can anyone describe what these, as stand alone mixes, should taste like on a 70VG/30PG ratio?
Could this mystery taste even be my PG coming through strong? What does PG on its own taste like?

FYI
I've shook my mix up countless times a day. I've let it breath for around 20 minutes a day roughly every second or third day also in the hope that the harsh taste would fizzle away... it hasnt.

I need to get this harsh peppery taste out of my juice! I'm sure I got a bottle of Prime Nic which has 36mg written on the bottle but the contents seems much higher than 36mg.
I already halfed the nic in my mix to 1.5mg and it's still pronounced. I'll be taking it down to 1mg and next and see from their.
Question though: On my mix, I'm getting some other taste coming through. I cant quite put my finger on it or describe it but something is off. Flavours dont come through at all. All I taste is this pronounced mystery taste. I guess it could very well be any of the ingredients I'm adding so I plan on doing single mixes with no nic of:
1 x 5% Strawberry Ripe
1 x 5% Graham Cracker Clear
1 x 5% Bavarian Cream

Can anyone describe what these, as stand alone mixes, should taste like on a 70VG/30PG ratio?
Could this mystery taste even be my PG coming through strong? What does PG on its own taste like?
Have this too sometimes. Nic is shaken well, recipe is identical to the last time, the concentrates are the same... but the nic is harsh a.f.

Have this too sometimes. Nic is shaken well, recipe is identical to the last time, the concentrates are the same... but the nic is harsh a.f.
Could this be due to some Prime Nic batches having higher nic level as opposed to what's shown on the bottle?

I've halved the nic content on my subsequent mix of this same recipe and after a week of steeping, it's definitely a lot less harsh... still a touch more nic than I prefer but definitely a lot better. Going to mix up another batch and then add nic at 75% of my last batch. I think/hope that will be more smooth.

Could this be due to some Prime Nic batches having higher nic level as opposed to what's shown on the bottle?
That is what I'm worried about, but it sure as hell better not be the case. That's just dangerous.

That is what I'm worried about, but it sure as hell better not be the case. That's just dangerous.
Coz, I mixed my initial batch right down to the wire - adding drop by drop to get to the required level and hit each ingredient dead on the money yet. You can imagine my disappointment when I vaped that batch and it was basically unvapable.

Coz, I mixed my initial batch right down to the wire - adding drop by drop to get to the required level and hit each ingredient dead on the money yet. You can imagine my disappointment when I vaped that batch and it was basically unvapable.
I don't use Prime Nic for this reason. Very inconsistent in my experience. I've gotten quite a few peppery batches of prime nic. Shaking the shit out of the nic before hand seemed to work. But I don't use prime at all anymore

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I don't use Prime Nic for this reason. Very inconsistent in my experience. I've gotten quite a few peppery batches of prime nic. Shaking the shit out of the nic before hand seemed to work. But I don't use prime at all anymore

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
What do you use and where do I get some?

Maybe try Clyrolinx or Vaperite, @playa4life. The Flavour Mill also imported their own nic which is apparently very good but they are out of stock currently.

Maybe try Clyrolinx or Vaperite, @playa4life. The Flavour Mill also imported their own nic which is apparently very good but they are out of stock currently.
Will definitely look into getting these and then use them side by side in identical mixes...

So bumping this thread.

Getting into DIY mixing as well.

Using TFA Concentrates and Scrawny Gecko PG Nic.

Also getting a harsh peppery taste, mixing at 3mg. Not sure if I haven't shaked the nic enough before using it.

Mixed a batch on Saturday, and I had to take one of my mixes to Vape today as I ran out of premade juice. Hardly been through 4mls today. Here's the recipe : http://tjek.nu/r/eAbh

Not sure if my flavours are too much or what.

Vaping it at 40watts in a melo3 mini on a 0.5ohm EC coil on a Pico.

On a side note. I have noticed a big difference in pricing also. TFA 10ml flavours being sold from R25- R75 a bottle...

Back