connector thread issue

ET

Vaping Addict
Supporting Vendor
VIP
LV

Awards
now here is where i am a wee bit buggered. my evic, when i tighten the protank all the way so it doesn't wobble anymore somehow the carto causes a short as when i push the fire button it flashes at me indicating some error. i assume it's some kind of short. swopping batteries doesnt change it and most importantly, loosening the carto to the point where it wobbles does provide a stable connnection and gets it firing. right now the whole mess is "stabilised" with some prestik to keep me vaping. am i right in assuming its some issue with either the carto connector threading or the firing centre pin again. should also say have same problem with vivi nova tank

It might be an indication of something important...
Time for a new battery perhaps?

it could be a lose wire? My partner dropped his and a wire came lose - they're pretty durable but it is possible

battery swopping doesn't solve anything, what's weird is it not working when it's fully screwed down, but working when it's halfway screwed down

Come to think of it... I've seen that once, and it was a coil that I rebuilt my self. If you have an old coil, regardless of the taste, try and swop the current coil, and see if it works with an old one.

see i thought it was the coil also, so swopped it out for a brand new one. even went so far as tightening it loosely and very tight, still no joy. tried about 3 different coils

but get this now,a after vaping most of last night and this morning with prestik, i had to refill the tank and now its all fine again. i can screw the protank in enough so it doesnt wobble. truly strange :)

Ghost in the machine....
As a software developer, I am a firm believer of we have ghosts in code and electronics... :D

good news, it doesn't seem to be a thread connector issue. bad news is the entire control head of the evic seems to be buggering around. will open it up after i tried putting in a freshly charged battery

good news, it doesn't seem to be a thread connector issue. bad news is the entire control head of the evic seems to be buggering around. will open it up after i tried putting in a freshly charged battery

Think its a lose wire :p Its very easy to open up but that's what happened to my partners

darn it's not a loose wire. starting to think some juice made it down past the positive pole and dripped on the circuit board. that would do some damage

20131016_195341.jpg

pretty sure that little circuit board got a dose of juice on its little head and fried itself to death. looks like i'll be doing some bypass surgery to just cut out the circuit board from the loop and rewire the switch. this should turn it into a pipebomb aka mechanical mod clone. :)

pretty sure that little circuit board got a dose of juice on its little head and fried itself to death. looks like i'll be doing some bypass surgery to just cut out the circuit board from the loop and rewire the switch. this should turn it into a pipebomb aka mechanical mod clone. :)
Before you do that. Get a can of contact spray and dose it with that. Let the alcohol evaporate, then try it again.
Otherwise, You can get the easy head for I think about R350 or something like that.

sadly as i was scraping fried ejuice off the pin positive centre pin that was under the circuit board so i think the board was sitting in juice for more than just a few seconds aka dead. i'll go bother my cousin who has a proper soldering iron to just resolder some stuff in different places and that should fix it else i'll have to get a new evic head or a kick ;)

Back