Coppervape Skyline Discussion

Well if you do, you will realize your mother was a very thruthfull person, if you were good, very good. :D OR that she was lying through her teeth in that regard but the Skyline will be good, very good, bordering on the excellent and awaesome range.
:OMGRUNANIMIATION:

Well if you do, you will realize your mother was a very thruthfull person, if you were good, very good. :D OR that she was lying through her teeth in that regard but the Skyline will be good, very good, bordering on the excellent and awaesome range.

My mom said I was a mistake, so I guess that worked out well. :D

No, seriously, she said that.

Got you, you SOB! HAha! :D

Kanthal 3mm 6 wraps non-spaced coil coming out at 1.18ohms, some Muji combed out enough that the wick is an easy move in the coil and juiced up with TKO Lime Milk and it's finally giving me the flavour I taste in the Wasp Nano. Of course not intense like the Wasp, but finally "No other stuff" (Louis Gossett Jr). Good at up to 25W on this coil, could do with more moisture. Tried 30W, but it's instant dry hit with such loose cotton. :p

It's a airy draw, but the flavour is finally there. I'm using the air disc which is basically just a liner for the air port, plenty of air on either side of the coil. So what I might try now is using a narrower air disc and get tighter flow and see what I get.

You see, this is how it works around here. It's been especially effective on computers when they go a little weird: Just threaten them.

I'm going to let it sit for another 10 minutes, then have a vape again and see. Then I'll pull the deck and try a tighter air disc. Hopefully it doesn't give me the same crap as before.

Last edited:
Well, I just thought I’d let you guys know that I can finally say that the Skyline is a winner RTA...
After stopping the leaking, which was due to the missing O-ring, things were better. But it’s only now that I’ve used a Framed Staple Alien from @smilelykumeeinit that it is really shining! I can now highly recommend this setup to anyone on the fence, or anyone battling to get decent flavour from this atty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I just thought I’d let you guys know that I can finally say that the Skyline is a winner RTA...
After stopping the leaking, which was due to the missing O-ring, things were better. But it’s only now that I’ve used a Framed Staple Alien from @smilelykumeeinit that it is really shining! I can now highly recommend this setup to anyone on the fence, or anyone battling to get decent flavour from this atty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah bugger @Darth Vaper now I must get one to see what the hype is about.

Expect the bill in the post...

Ah bugger @Darth Vaper now I must get one to see what the hype is about.

Expect the bill in the post...
Just please don't send me one, :D I'm getting enough of them at this stage with the medical aid not paying their dues, sometimes wonder why I pay them?:mad:

All of the accounts will be going into a lucky draw, and the ones that are nicest to me will be paid first. For the rest, a SMS saying you were not chosen this month, but good behavior wil ensure you are added to the top of the draw next month. Nasty ones will not be included in the draw!:cool:

Just please don't send me one, :D I'm getting enough of them at this stage with the medical aid not paying their dues, sometimes wonder why I pay them?:mad:

All of the accounts will be going into a lucky draw, and the ones that are nicest to me will be paid first. For the rest, a SMS saying you were not chosen this month, but good behavior wil ensure you are added to the top of the draw next month. Nasty ones will not be included in the draw!:cool:
Medical aid is the pits.

Reviving this thread because I finally got my Skyclone. Will throw in a build this evening and report back!

Reviving this thread because I finally got my Skyclone. Will throw in a build this evening and report back!
Once you find the right build for what you want from it you will wonder why you waited so long to get one. I will own up that I have multiple ones:D

Excellent to hear! :D
You will be really glad you did. It is the only RTA which I still use on a regular basis. I use it without any of the discs with simple round wire builds. Great flavour. Being the lazy ba....d I am I never bother to close the juice flow when I refill. On the odd occasion when it leaks I turn it horizontally and lightly blow the leaked juice out. For me, this solves the only real negative aspect of the Skyclone.

Mine is a love/hate relationship , if you get the wicking right it's great but get it wrong eish dry hit street ....
Too little and it gurgles like a 70's fluffer :p
But I will persevere as this tank is what got me back into RTAs ....

Mine is a love/hate relationship , if you get the wicking right it's great but get it wrong eish dry hit street ....
Too little and it gurgles like a 70's fluffer :p
But I will persevere as this tank is what got me back into RTAs ....
The reason I sold mine... now my dvarw is king of the castle!

Popped my build in and I’m ready to go!! Aaand... I forgot to take pics as I was building. :rolleyes:

I used Ni80 fused clapton wire, 2.5mm ID and 9 wraps which came out to 0.9ohms. I didn’t use an air disk for the first build, wanted to experience this RTA as is.

I have @BumbleBee ’s The King’s Breakfast in the tank, and first impressions are..

Gosh, this is pretty good!

First thing I noticed is the flavours are crisp in the Skyclone. :eek: Picking up each flavour in this juice at a slightly more pronounced level is really lovely..

Vaping at 15W and really pleased with the results.

I’m also impressed with the Ni80 fused clapton wire, because I’ve tried it in the past with little to no success but for my first Skyclone build, this wire seems to be working quite well!

Overall, I am very happy. I would definitely like to try other builds to see which one I feel is best for it, this RTA has so much potential and I do see it becoming a favourite of mine. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Great to hear @Carnival

I havent tried @BumbleBee 's The King's Breakfast - but I agree the Skyline gives a very crisp vape.
For me, the Skyline makes my fruity menthols shine!

Popped my build in and I’m ready to go!! Aaand... I forgot to take pics as I was building. :rolleyes:

I used Ni80 fused clapton wire, 2.5mm ID and 9 wraps which came out to 0.9ohms. I didn’t use an air disk for the first build, wanted to experience this RTA as is.

I have @BumbleBee ’s The King’s Breakfast in the tank, and first impressions are..

Gosh, this is pretty good!

First thing I noticed is the flavours are crisp in the Skyclone. :eek: Picking up each flavour in this juice at a slightly more pronounced level is really lovely..

Vaping at 15W and really pleased with the results.

I’m also impressed with the Ni80 fused clapton wire, because I’ve tried it in the past with little to no success but for my first Skyclone build, this wire seems to be working quite well!

Overall, I am very happy. I would definitely like to try other builds to see which one I feel is best for it, this RTA has so much potential and I do see it becoming a favourite of mine. Winner winner chicken dinner!
Told you so!:D

I've had absolutely no leaking so far. :b1:Definitely a well behaved RTA!

For the next build, I have some @smilelykumeenit coils waiting to be used, and something tells me the Skyclone plus Smilely's coils will be a huge win. :D

I've had absolutely no leaking so far. :b1:Definitely a well behaved RTA!

For the next build, I have some @smilelykumeenit coils waiting to be used, and something tells me the Skyclone plus Smilely's coils will be a huge win. :D
Dam, you beat me to it. I want to get some from him as well, please let me know how that goes.

Eish!

I popped in one of Smilely's Framed Staple Alien coils, took a few vapes on it and got very little flavour. I know it isn't the coil, it's probably my placement so here's a pic of it before I pulsed & wicked:

alien.png

I'm thinking it's a little too low?

I went back to my fused clapton wire and wrapped a slightly spaced coil. 2.5mm ID. Flavour is a lot better.

I want to persist with Smilely's coil though, because I know from experience his coils give excellent results!

Eish!

I popped in one of Smilely's Framed Staple Alien coils, took a few vapes on it and got very little flavour. I know it isn't the coil, it's probably my placement so here's a pic of it before I pulsed & wicked:

View attachment 132754

I'm thinking it's a little too low?

I went back to my fused clapton wire and wrapped a slightly spaced coil. 2.5mm ID. Flavour is a lot better.

I want to persist with Smilely's coil though, because I know from experience his coils give excellent results!

Yes from my experience you want the coil basically 1/4 to 1/2-way sticking out above the posts. That way the air get's time to travel under and around the coil. Also try the biggest airdisk I found without a disk the flavour can be muted you need more directed airflow which the disks help with.

OH and wicking , less is more no fluffing needed just needs to touch the base of the juice well no need to cram it in. You might get some gurgling initially as you open the juice control but that seems to go away after a few puffs. Just going of memory here as I haven't built the Skyclone in ages....HTH

Thank you! @Daniel will try that. Yes, I noticed the gurgling at first but it does go away.

Came right with Smilely's coil! Aaaaand.. we're back in business! :D Much much better!

Gurgling started becoming a problem. Just when I was about to throw in the towel I tried one this thing...

Filled it from the bottom, and BAM no more gurgling! :) Happy tank, and happy owner!

Hope everyone is having an excellent Sunday afternoon. :thumbup:

Back