Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
OK it's time to see how this Cotton Bacon Comp Wire compares to normal 24g Nichrome! Time to build Serpent Mini 22 number 3 all in black to go matchy matchy on the VGod Tricklyfe Minikin!
SM22B 001.JPG SM22B 002.JPG

Yes @Stosta excitement got the better of me... twice... first time wrapped clockwise and that just didn't work lekker... second time was looking good but wasn't careful enough when squeezing the coil and shorted out a leg... 3rd time I concentrated and did it all properly...

Sorry about the focus... but coil glowing just fine... bowtie wick!
SM22B 007.JPG SM22B 008.JPG

Then trimmed... primed and shortened a little! Boom... Serpents are the way of the world! :p
SM22B 009.JPG SM22B 011.JPG

Oh wow this was a review of the Cotton Bacon Comp Wire so I had better say something about it... the wire certainly looks high quality... the spiel on the packet says "A unique Nichrome blend with lower nickel content and added properties of Kanthal, providing optimal ramp time, long pulls and longer life span".

Not sure I really see much of a difference but it seemed more malleable and easier to shape but that could be my imagination... the flavour is great... can I feel a difference in flavour between wires... no not really... but there may indeed be an improvement but my palate doesn't really detect it...

The biggest difference between wires is the normal Nichrome comes out at 0.48Ω and the Compo Wire comes out at 0.55Ω both 24g and both 7 wraps on 3mm mandrel.

Interesting... I have dialed down the wattage from 30 watts to 28 watts...

Interesting... I have dialed down the wattage from 30 watts to 28 watts...
Did you feel it needed a tweak? I thought all your mods were pretty much hard-coded to only output 30W!

Where can we get this stuff from Rob?

Back