Cotton Bacon Prime

I've seen this and ever since I'm a tight wicker... Sometimes so tight that it almost deforms the coil when going through and I have to use a tweezer to hold the coil in place while the wick goes through. A quick pull through back and forth to even it out and make sure its not too tight that it becomes restrictive, saturate and pulse on the tab and then carry on as normal
This method also works for me. For my style of vaping at least.

@Amir so I needed a 3am project and decided to read up on ohms law (information I should've probably studied the same day I bought the vandy vape pulse) anyway, made a dual parallel build, I don't have an ohm reader but vape my calculator puts it at 0.163 ohms 3 wraps. Perfect for my Ijoy 27000 battery. Only after I had the warmest vape of my life and feeling very chuffed with myself I realised I only own 1x 27000 battery the rest are all 18650.....so ja, I'll enjoy these next 2 hours and then we build again. Lol

Last edited:
@Amir so I needed a 3am project and decided to read up on ohms law (information I should've probably studied the same day I bought the vandy vape pulse) anyway, made a dual parallel build, I don't have an ohm reader but vape my calculator puts it at 1.63 ohms 3 wraps. Perfect for my Ijoy 27000 battery. Only after I had the warmest vape of my life and feeling very chuffed with myself I realised I only own 1x 27000 battery the rest are all 18650.....so ja, I'll enjoy these next 2 hours and then we build again. Lol

3 Wraps at 1.63 ohms? What wire are you using. This doesn't sound right.

@zadiac using Ni80 Clapton, 24/36 gauge. It's because I built parallel coils that its so low (I believe) my old Kangertech nano mod couldn't even read it. Hehe

@zadiac using Ni80 Clapton, 24/36 gauge. It's because I built parallel coils that its so low (I believe) my old Kangertech nano mod couldn't even read it. Hehe

1.62 ohms is very very high. Your calculator is not working right or you input the wrong info into the calculator. Get this right before you injure yourself.
I do a 6 wrap parallel dual coil and it get about 0.15ohms.

You know, as I'm reading this, I can see the way I wrote it its very very high, but had literally have to check 6 times why...my bad, blame it lack of sleep.

@Dubz @zadiac apologies, 0.163.

You know, as I'm reading this, I can see the way I wrote it its very very high, but had literally have to check 6 times why...my bad, blame it lack of sleep.

Yeah, that looks a bit better. All good. Just wanted to make sure you get this right. Don't want you to become a statistic :)

What makes it even worse is that the whole point of my post was to vent my frustration at the fact that I just spent a very long time making a build so low that I can't use it with basically all my batteries but 1. Lol

@Amir so I needed a 3am project and decided to read up on ohms law (information I should've probably studied the same day I bought the vandy vape pulse) anyway, made a dual parallel build, I don't have an ohm reader but vape my calculator puts it at 0.163 ohms 3 wraps. Perfect for my Ijoy 27000 battery. Only after I had the warmest vape of my life and feeling very chuffed with myself I realised I only own 1x 27000 battery the rest are all 18650.....so ja, I'll enjoy these next 2 hours and then we build again. Lol

On the 18650's i keep my builds around the .35 ohm mark. I have a quad core alien in the Hadaly at .32 from @akhalz wicked tight with CBP and really loving life right now. Anything lower than .3 is too hard on battery life and flavor and performance starts to waver towards the end of the bottle. Also the vape is a bit too hot for my liking below .3

Ja
On the 18650's i keep my builds around the .35 ohm mark. I have a quad core alien in the Hadaly at .32 from @akhalz wicked tight with CBP and really loving life right now. Anything lower than .3 is too hard on battery life and flavor and performance starts to waver towards the end of the bottle. Also the vape is a bit too hot for my liking below .3
, this is what happens when you think things through and you want to play in the early hours of the morning. I like this build and as soon as I can I'll buy another 20700.

So got my hands on some CottonBacon Prime from the fine gents at Lungcandy yesterday.

Off the bat I'm not a big fan of the rough texture of CBP I find it much easier to work with CBv2. While bedding in the wicks it does absorb liquid a lot faster than CBv2.
In RTAs I get a lot of spit-back when running at my normal wattage, but does go away once I up the wattage with 10-15w. Flavor is pretty much on par with what I'm used to with CBv2, no better or worse.
In my Deadrabbit SQ when squonking it soaks up the juice quicker than CBv2 but again flavor wise no better or worse than CBv2.

Still have a lot of playing to do but so far I'm not sure its worth the R20-R30 premium over the OG Cottonbacon

So got my hands on some CottonBacon Prime from the fine gents at Lungcandy yesterday.

Off the bat I'm not a big fan of the rough texture of CBP I find it much easier to work with CBv2. While bedding in the wicks it does absorb liquid a lot faster than CBv2.
In RTAs I get a lot of spit-back when running at my normal wattage, but does go away once I up the wattage with 10-15w. Flavor is pretty much on par with what I'm used to with CBv2, no better or worse.
In my Deadrabbit SQ when squonking it soaks up the juice quicker than CBv2 but again flavor wise no better or worse than CBv2.

Still have a lot of playing to do but so far I'm not sure its worth the R20-R30 premium over the OG Cottonbacon
Thanks for the feedback @Bizkuit ! Good to know it isn't necessarily time to chuck out all my current cotton!

I also use the DR and a squonker...didn't you find that a normal squonk lasts you alot longer @Bizkuit? Also, and not sure how you wick, but this stuff should not be fluffed and for normal wicking use a pinch more than I did with CB v2.

I also use the DR and a squonker...didn't you find that a normal squonk lasts you alot longer @Bizkuit? Also, and not sure how you wick, but this stuff should not be fluffed and for normal wicking use a pinch more than I did with CB v2.

I typical give it a squonk after a 3-4 pulls regardless of how saturated the wicks are. I am deathly scared of getting a dry hit, but will give it a try. All in the name of science :D

For my wicking methods. In RTA's I use the Bowtie method without combing out the ends. In RDA's its just cutting to length and stuffing the ends in the juice well.
I always tend to wick on the thicker side. just enough cotton to move the coil if not supported

I typical give it a squonk after a 3-4 pulls regardless of how saturated the wicks are. I am deathly scared of getting a dry hit, but will give it a try. All in the name of science :D

For my wicking methods. In RTA's I use the Bowtie method without combing out the ends. In RDA's its just cutting to length and stuffing the ends in the juice well.
I always tend to wick on the thicker side. just enough cotton to move the coil if not supported
So basically exactly the same as I do. Try the dry hit test, thats what makes this cotton better than V2.

Muji & Kendo Gold still wins hands down against this in regards to RDA's. This should be winner for RTA's tho.

Tried the CBP in the skyline today... I can't say I notice much of a difference. Vape is pretty much the same, no gurgling or dry hitting when chain vaping but I never had any of those issues with CBV2 so in essence, for an RTA, CBP is not worse than CB2. However, in an RDA is where I find CBP outshines the CBV2.

Back